Thought you should know...patch out no later than tomorrow

ChronosWing said:
once again you do not have to be online, if you start steam while you have no internet connection or block it with your firewall you can select offline mode.
Once again - As soon as you re-establish a connection & re-launch Steam/HL2 it goes back on-line again. Forcing Steam to go offline is not good enough & it's not a solution.

What the hell. Steam never actually downloaded the patch for me. When I right click hl2 and select update news, it still says that the last update was August 26th. Has anyone else noticed that?

If steam DID download the patch without me noticing, none of my stuttering problems have been solved. The game is unplayable when it has to load for a second every time I turn around.

exmodel said:
What the hell. Steam never actually downloaded the patch for me. When I right click hl2 and select update news, it still says that the last update was August 26th. Has anyone else noticed that?

If steam DID download the patch without me noticing, none of my stuttering problems have been solved. The game is unplayable when it has to load for a second every time I turn around.

you are right... I have never checked the date before, and I also have August 26th as my latest update; but today I noticed some HL2 files validation (I don't know if that counts as a so called "update").

before this update I was able to get to the main options screen, then a blue screen and then the final hard reboot... now, I just see the 1st loading screen and then it dies there... no hard drive activity, it just hangs there. No blue screen, no reboot; the thing I wanted solved was to be able to play the game... not the reboot... that doesn't count as a patch (so called fix) :p

Has anyone recieved actual CONFIRMATION that Steam or Valve is actually working on a patch as of the current?

Disregard that last post. Steam claims to have released a patch yesterday (November 24) that would fix the stuttering and as of that date they claim to be "working" on a patch that would fix the crashes for players that drop below 5 FPS or crash during gameplay. So, as Half-Life 2 was delayed a year in order to achieve "perfection", when we can expect a patch to "fix the flawlessness" is completely beyond me...

If you look at all the money Steam and Valve have already made on this game, what initiative do they really have to make a patch for the game. They're multi-million dollar corporations and we're gamers. They really have no desire do make anything about their games good. They want their money. They're all selfish sons of b*****s if you ask me. If they really put all their effort into a game, they would make sure the game works before the release. As far as I'm concerned, there never will be a patch and I'll never be able to play Half-Life 2.

Back