THQ Ships Full Spectrum Warrior for Xbox

joule

Tank
Reaction score
:bounce:!YAY!:bounce:

THQ announced today the release of Full Spectrum Warrior for the Xbox videogame system from Microsoft. Developed by Pandemic Studios, Full Spectrum Warrior is a tactical-action military game that simulates in every detail the experience of squad command in the highly charged atmosphere of urban warfare.
Compatible with Xbox Live, Full Spectrum Warrior has shipped to retailers throughout North America for a suggested retail price of $49.99.

You can check out the trailer and some gameplay footage here.

*For all of those who do not own an Xbox, it will be soon released for PC.

User Name said:

That's the main reason I don't have an Xbox. Any games that I've been interested in for the Xbox(there aren't that many) I've been able to get on the PC. Never heard of this game, I'll probably check out some previews/reviews of it and try a demo of it(if there is going to be one). It sounds a bit like Raven Shield(which I thoroughly enjoyed).

Damnit, I was gonna get it for the computer and not my Xbox.

I believe they told me August for the PC version though... :-\

I played FSW alot at E3 though, i must say, it was the most fun game i actually got my hands on. I really wish i had an xbox just for this game.

This game looks way polished and cool. I am excited.

:hmph: Yeah, sucks we PC users HAVE to wait. Good game though, one of my most anticipated waited.

User Name said:

Yeah in like 100 days :\

I really want this game...

nw909 said:
Yeah in like 100 days :\

I really want this game...
Well, either wait exactly 105 days...or get an Xbox.

It will be fun for 10 hours, then you will play it online and get bored of that quickly because it is only coop.

Foxtrot said:
It will be fun for 10 hours, then you will play it online and get bored of that quickly because it is only coop.

They don't have Team vs. Team? That sucks man, I'm probably gonna get it anyway though.

Yeah. IGN has a review for it. Good rating, but they said it left them wishing for more. Hopefully there'll be a sequel with more content. I plan to rent it sometime.

I got a chance to play Full Spectrum Warrior today. I stopped in this morning at my local EB and I noticed that the FSW boxes were out. I asked the guy if he could put FSW in the Xbox and he said he would put it in.

Anyway, the game loaded and I started a new game. As far as I know, you must complete the training missions before you actually start with the game. The graphics of FSW are top notch, and the audio is just as excellent. Your soldiers will make nonchalant comments that really add to the atmosphere of the game. While you don't take control of your soldiers in a first person view, the control scheme is set up very well. Sometimes you will have trouble with the camera when you are trying to get a view of the surrounding area that is around a corner, or when you are ordering your soldiers to an area that is slightly out of view. The level of control that you have over your soldiers is amazing. It is very easy to order alpha team to cover an area while you switch to bravo team and have them flank an enemy. Knowing when to order your soldiers to use their grenades is important since you have a limited supply. This game makes use of the whole controller. It's neat to see how your soldiers automatically take cover or return fire. Be sure to make use of 'bounding'(covering a target area while moving) when you are unsure of where the enemy is located. You get one recon flyby each mission that uploads info onto your GPS. The GPS will give you a map of your surrounding area as well as any enemies( though not all of them) in the vicinity.The game AI is top notch and is very hard to beat. Not to worry though because game saves come in the form of situation reports(aka sit-rep) over the radio to your commander. Overall, I would give Full Spectrum Warrior a 9 out of 10.

I dont like to play games were I cant actually "Pull the trigger" and take someone out, thats why i'm not interested. Although for fans of millitary accuracy, realism, and fun tactical "wow im really in command" feel the game could be supurb

GameSpot gave it a 7.7/10 (Good) and IGN awarded it with a 9.2/10, and with the Editor's Choice Award. I side more with IGN...this is an outstanding game. But in the end, you decide.

Back