To all Australians, HL2 retail will be out on the 17th

K.I.L.E.R

Reaction score
I just phoned EB Games in Watergardens Victoria and while HL2 is activated on the 16th 7pm here in Australia the earliest time we can get it retail is on the 17th Wednesday if not in the morning then around 2pm in the afternoon.

I'm posting this because all of the threads I have read don't include retail release dates in Australia and there are quite a few Aussies that have pre-ordered the game through EB and there wasn't a clear date and time which we could get it.

Earliest time: 17/11/2004 9am.
Latest time: 17/11/2004 1:30pm-2:30pm inclusive est.

yup most stores here have it set as 16th of nov here in nz....except for gamesman. Wonder how many will sell on the 16th.

gamespot in melbourne CBD is gonna have it on the 16th thats were i get all my games from because EB are ****ing rip-off merchants

Reckless said:
gamespot in melbourne CBD is gonna have it on the 16th thats were i get all my games from because EB are ****ing rip-off merchants
I pre-ordered from EB and got it for $80. How much did you get it for?

But in Perth it would be 4pm when STeam hl2 is activated so i must be able to buy it on the 16th???? :sniper:

A good store like Kmart or Target will open it up a day or early, no worries. Then we just have to wait for activation.

Taking into account time differences it would be early 17th November in Melbourne when its business hours on the 16th November in the US (when HL2 will probably be released)

subz- said:
Taking into account time differences it would be early 17th November in Melbourne when its business hours in the US

Yer but it gets released at 12:00 AM in Vivendi Time.... so it doesn't matter whne it is business hours... look at the other threads.....

release time 00:00 = 19:00 Melbourne Time..... on the 16th.... we already know this....

00:00 = 16:00 Perth Time.....

Thats fine for Steam releases but I thought you were buying them from EB. Wouldnt they stick to business hours?

EB at cannington told me that they will have it 16th of nov

Maybe the guy I spoke with is wrong.

I will go there in the morning on 16th and ask for the game.
If they tell me to come back the next day then so be it.

I work in a aussie retail store that will be selling hl2, as far as i know we wont be getting any stock in till late afternoon on the 16th.. so we might or might not have some on sale in the afternoon on the 16th

K.I.L.E.R said:
Maybe the guy I spoke with is wrong.

I will go there in the morning on 16th and ask for the game.
If they tell me to come back the next day then so be it.

I was talking to a guy from EB in Frankston (outside of melbourne)
and he says they will have them to sell on the 16th no exceptions, I totaly hope so cause I couldnt stand not playing on the 16th! its my weekend.

That's a good point actually.. why official release time gets broken, if the game can't be activated until the release time anyway? Okay, so it might annoy a few people who buy it early, but if it's only a few hours, it's no big deal.

Anyway, Steam user here-- I don't give a damn when EB or anyone else puts it out.

i will be getting it on the 16th from my eb, but i guess i'll just have to touch the cd's until it's 'released'

EB have never gotten their release dates right, in my experience. The staff seem to know jack...no offence if anyone here works for EB. ;)

My leave app for the 17th shall be going in today. :D
(Thanks to Steam, ATi, etc)