To Kill an American (touching, not bad)

Americans are just people; people like everyone else, complete with good and bad qualities. It's really that simple. People need to start thinking outside the borders of their country. It is time to put to rest this "Americans are stupid/fat/arrogant/etc." attitude taken on by many outside the country just as it's time to put to rest the "America is greater than everyone else" attitude taken on by many Americans. We are citizens of the world first- citizens of a country second. The bickering and stereotyping that all sides are guilty of needs to stop.

qckbeam said:
Americans are just people; people like everyone else, complete with good and bad qualities. It's really that simple. People need to start thinking outside the borders of their country. It is time to put to rest this "Americans are stupid/fat/arrogant/etc." attitude taken on by many outside the country just as it's time to put to rest the "America is greater than everyone else" attitude taken on by many Americans. We are citizens of the world first- citizens of a country second. The bickering and stereotyping that all sides are guilty of needs to stop.
I love you, qckbeam!

qckbeam said:
Well...no offense or anything...but you might want to see the reality of things.YOU and I both know thats never gonna happen in our life time.So yea...sorry. :(

Tr0n said:
Well...no offense or anything...but you might want to see the reality of things.YOU and I both know thats never gonna happen in our life time.So yea...sorry. :(

No reason not to strive for it though.

Top Secret said:
Where there's sex, there's a way.

You, my good sir, are an affirmation of all that is just and true in this world. Now go get me a sandwich, bitch.

Audiophile said:
An American is from the most prosperous land in the history of the world.

On the surface.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need.

I can't think of any occasion when they would have helped anyone just because they felt like it. If the US cared so much about the world, they'd be all over the globe trying to prevent disasters. But they aren't.

When Afghanistan was overrun by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country.

They didn't give a rat's ass about Afghanistan, they just wanted to beat the communists. Cold War, and all that.

Americans welcome the best, the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best athletes. But they also welcome the least. The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America. Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. I've been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 other countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

Ok, I get it: this is a joke, right? No one can actually write this shit with a straight face?

Right?

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and every bloodthirsty tyrant in the history of the world.

And how many times have you been attacked on your own soil? Twice? Ooohhh, someone has tried to kill you. And the last time I checked, you were allied with Stalin when he was around.

But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHahaha...

Is this a joke? I can't tell.

Dalamari said:
Uh oh, something pro america, get ready for the flames.

Kind of sad isn't it?

You know, I've come to the conclusion that a great deal of Europeans are just straight up assholes.

Top Secret said:
Kind of sad isn't it?

You know, I've come to the conclusion that a great deal of Europeans are just straight up assholes.

Uh, there's only one quasi-flame here, it's not by a european and it's not that offensive.
But, of course, "a great deal of europeans are assholes."

So, was that like a pre-emptive strike?
Making the clever retort of "No, you're an asshole!" before any of those filthy europeans can say anything insulting at all?

Kind of sad, isn't it?

Top Secret said:
Kind of sad isn't it?

Ya, just like a great deal of Americans.

Baseless stereotypes are always great aren't they?

:rolleyes:

He may not have expressed them in the best way but if you actually read what he said, he has some very valid points.

-On the surface.

On the surface? The world sees the worst, and the best of America. There is no surface. Come live here for a few years.

-I can't think of any occasion when they would have helped anyone just because they felt like it. If the US cared so much about the world, they'd be all over the globe trying to prevent disasters. But they aren't.

The U.S. aids many countries. It's a "You scratch my back, I'll scratch your back." system. Isreal is a prime example. The U.S. gave 202 million dollars to Egypt to help them with their economic difficulties. The US gave money to the Caribbean just a month or so ago for some hurricane disaster.

But ofcourse, everyone outside of the U.S. probably didn't see most of that on the news. Sure, they ALL heard about a few soldiers torturing Iraqi's, but they didn't hear about the asistance to other countries.

-They didn't give a rat's ass about Afghanistan, they just wanted to beat the communists. Cold War, and all that.

No. We stepped in because no other Democracy would. (Even though we're not a true democracy, we keep the principles) That was a defensive move against communism, just as Vietnam was. Not an offensive one. If we did nothing, communisim would have choked the life out of Democracy one country at a time. Read about domino effects and then read the communist manifesto.

-Ok, I get it: this is a joke, right? No one can actually write this shit with a straight face?Right?

You're ****ing hilarious. :| Dumbass.

-And how many times have you been attacked on your own soil? Twice? Ooohhh, someone has tried to kill you. And the last time I checked, you were allied with Stalin when he was around.

Yeah, twice. The first one took out most of our Navy, and the second one killed a couple thousand civilians. The U.S. and Russia were allied up to the years of the reconstruction of Europe/Germany. That's when Stalin went greedy on us, not the other way around. They took over countries using the Marshall plan, didn't even rebuild them, and didn't back out, thus forming the USSR. The U.S. on the other hand, didn't. We rebuilt, backed out, and assisted the goverments without getting paid for it.

-HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHahaha...
Is this a joke? I can't tell.

That's because you're a ****ing moron.

Mechagodzilla said:
Uh, there's only one quasi-flame here, it's not by a european and it's not that offensive.
But, of course, "a great deal of europeans are assholes."

So, was that like a pre-emptive strike?
Making the clever retort of "No, you're an asshole!" before any of those filthy europeans can say anything insulting at all?

Kind of sad, isn't it?

Yes, I know there is one quasi flame here, and that's the one I just responded to. U.S. catches so much flak from Europeans it's not even funny. Everytime I read a flame against the U.S., I just assume it's from a European. And usually, it is.

No, my post wasn't sad. The sad thing is that my mind automaticly thinks it was posted by a European because it's so used to it. Get it?

Neutrino said:
Ya, just like a great deal of Americans.

Baseless stereotypes are always great aren't they?

:rolleyes:

He may not have expressed them in the best way but if you actually read what he said, he has some very valid points.

You guys are taking my post out of context. Yeah, a lot of Americans are assholes, for sure. But we don't flame other countries like we're a ****ing "Anti-You" machinegun.

Which of his points were valid, Nuetrino?

Top Secret said:
You guys are taking my post out of context. Yeah, a lot of Americans are assholes, for sure. But we don't flame other countries like we're a ****ing "Anti-You" machinegun.

Which of his points were valid, Nuetrino?
Well...we do France... :LOL:

Top Secret you actually agree with the Vietnamese war? You actually believe that if America hadn't invaded Vietnam communism would have taken over your country?

right... I'm sure there are lot's of your countrymen that would disagree with you on that one.

That article is well written indeed.
But complete bullshit, because of this kind of thinking america is in the deep shit it is now in. It's sad that there are still people who beliefe in this myth.

Grey Fox said:
That article is well written indeed.
But complete bullshit, because of this kind of thinking america is in the deep shit it is now in. It's sad that there are still people who beliefe in this myth.

Unlike the original post, your piece of BS is not well written.

The_Monkey said:
I think it's hard of a non-american to find that good.

Well, not responsible for other peoples bias.

Seriously though, the piece had some BS in it, I'll agree. But people who just write the whole thing off because it doesn't contain something they thought should be in there.. well that says more of that person than the orignal author don't you think?

if this thread was true then why isnt anyone doing anythiung about 100,000+ american deaths in iraq?
i mean if america is an "accepting country" why invade and kill thousands over oil

Iran will be next

TheGGMan said:
if this thread was true then why isnt anyone doing anythiung about 100,000+ american deaths in iraq?
i mean if america is an "accepting country" why invade and kill thousands over oil

Iran will be next
no, dude...it's 1,000+

Americans are not a particular people from a particular place They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Now, the people of Iraq think they're fighting for their freedom. Over 100,000 Iraqis have been killed.

AudioRage said:
Now, the people of Iraq think they're fighting for their freedom. Over 100,000 Iraqis have been killed.
even if THAT'S true (i believe it's grossly inflated), the vast majority of those deaths would be from Saddam's army.

Hilarious, that post was great. Its all good and all but its so exagerated(spelling), irrelivent or wrong. Its almost pathetic, which is what you expect from a chain letter :p

bliink said:
looks like one of those chain mails that exploits your feelings of patriotism/fear/sadness etc.. you've seen 'em all before... just so that it can spread.

It doesnt change what was said at all, but its kinda dissapointing.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
no, dude...it's 1,000+

No, dude... it's 14,000+.

IRTT

Well-written. I almost bought the whole thing until I snapped out my patriotic fervor. I'll admit that it has some good points, but it's painting of America as some kind of utopia is exaggerated and results in some loss of credibility. The author would like us to believe that we helped Afghanistan out of our vast benevolence, but it was actually just another chess piece in the Cold War. It also seems to paint America as a land that fully accepts multiculturalism and holds no prejudices. But the fact is that there are still race issues, our current group of scapegoats being people from the Middle East. Hell, we've even got a constitutional ban on gay marriage in the works.

Lastly, the concept of freedom is not something exclusive to America. To believe that it's something that was coined by the United States and is nonexistent in other countries is to be ignorant.

An American =/= A Frenchman, a German, a Brit, a Russian, a Greek, etc... And saying otherwise is not going to get you many friends.

Jingoistic, indeed.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
okay, Mr. SWITZERLAND. only just over 1,000 AMERICAN troops have died in Iraq. done. you got another figure? gimme a source.

My apologies. I read the post wrong and thought you were talking about civilian deaths.

But I'm curious. What exactly were you implying with your "Mr. Switzerland" comment?

Absinthe said:
My apologies. I read the post wrong and thought you were talking about civilian deaths.

But I'm curious. What exactly were you implying with your "Mr. Switzerland" comment?
well, that's your location...and i took offense at someone from another country (if indeed you are) telling me how many troops from my country have died.

i overreacted, and i apologize.

Absinthe said:

It's american humor... :thumbs:

alehm said:
Well, not responsible for other peoples bias.

Seriously though, the piece had some BS in it, I'll agree. But people who just write the whole thing off because it doesn't contain something they thought should be in there.. well that says more of that person than the orignal author don't you think?

Don't misunderstand me; I do respect Americans, and your patriotism. In fact I am a bit jealous. We got nothing like that in Sweden. In fact, patriotism is often, incorrectly, connected to racism by many people.

Americans are like everyone else, good and bad. Look at the individual, don't generalize. My dad fought in World War II, when he came home he had to ride in the back of the bus and drink from a colored only fountain. He also marched on Washington and saw those same laws abolished. Still alot of work to do.

The_Monkey said:
Don't misunderstand me; I do respect Americans, and your patriotism. In fact I am a bit jealous. We got nothing like that in Sweden. In fact, patriotism is often, incorrectly, connected to racism by many people.

I've been sitting here for 3 minutes trying to respond in a sympathetic manor. And I just can't put words together. If you guys aren't as patriotic as we are, I don't think that's a bad thing. Just a differant view of what's more important, and what's not. I'll give you an example:

Our German exchange students were SHOCKED that we stood up (If we chose to) and pledged to the flag every morning. SHOCKED. They think of things like that in terms of Nazism and insane levels of patriotness. I think we're just trying to find a good balance, you know? :cool:

Top Secret said:
I've been sitting here for 3 minutes trying to respond in a sympathetic manor. And I just can't put words together. If you guys aren't as patriotic as we are, I don't think that's a bad thing. Just a differant view of what's more important, and what's not. I'll give you an example:

Our German exchange students were SHOCKED that we stood up (If we chose to) and pledged to the flag every morning. SHOCKED. They think of things like that in terms of Nazism and insane levels of patriotness. I think we're just trying to find a good balance, you know? :cool:

IX00 said:
Americans are like everyone else, good and bad. Look at the individual, don't generalize. My dad fought in World War II, when he came home he had to ride in the back of the bus and drink from a colored only fountain. He also marched on Washington and saw those same laws abolished. Still alot of work to do.

That's a supreme example of an American (In my very twisted opinion.) He went to war for his country, which at the time neglected him in some ways. Went home, and fought for what was right. Tomorrow's your dad's day man.

To kill an american you must first take away the tv...

mortiz said:
Top Secret you actually agree with the Vietnamese war? You actually believe that if America hadn't invaded Vietnam communism would have taken over your country?

right... I'm sure there are lot's of your countrymen that would disagree with you on that one.

You'd be surprised. I'd say it's split pretty good. I'm not saying I agree, or disagree with the Vietnamise war. But I do believe that if some action was not taken against Vietnam, Korea, and China. That the USSR Communism would have spread through Europe.

Tr0n said:
To kill an american you must first take away the tv...

So true it hurts. :cheers: :E

Back