Today i called a store

H

Half-alife

Very weird again, when i saw it in a folder, it seems they can order it, i just got off the phone 2mins ago. They checked in the computerdatabase, and when they would order it today, it will arrive october 27th... I dont get it...

and i'm talking about belgium (www.colruyt.be), price 48.95euro

Not really. They need to make a buttload of cpoies to hand out to all of the stores for the "simultaneous" release. Some stores are bound to have it before others. You think Vivendi will be sitting on thousands and thousands of copies, waiting to ship them? That's too much inventory to hold on to.

I guarantee you, with a game this popular, they will break the street date and release early. At least some of the stores will. Best Buy is notorious for that, but I think the smaller, IBO businesses will sell early.

Oh surely this game will be out a few days before the 16th. I just won't be luckily because i purchased it through steam and i live in austin, texas...the game will defiantely not be released before the 16th. However, i hear that if even one store releases HL2 early, and pics, videos, or whatever start showing up on the net of people playing it and claiming they have it before the 16th, then to what i understand valve say they will release it early on steam TOO.

Well Valve have supposedly said that if a retailer releases the game early then they will release it over steam early.

so i say that some poor son of a **** should just go for it and release it, even though he will get severely sued....

Yeah skippy... you have learned to dial a phone.. now learn how to use a search feature. Plenty of other bullshit posts you could have tag this one on.

Since you will need to go online to finalize your install, it will still not work before the 16th.

^ Hmmm, you could be right, couldn't hackers bypass that though?

Mad Dog said:
Valve HAS.

Valve HAS
actually, he's right. corporation (and band) names are treated as a plural noun. even though it sounds insane.

Here's the question: Even if shops break the street date, will anybody be able to actually play it since it depends on Steam authentication? If Valve wants to keep folks from playing it early, all they have to do is not authenticate those early copies. It will also give them an idea of which regions are breaking the street date as they can see where the authentication requests are coming from.

Its only been gold for 2 days. I dont think its posible to get it that early.

Mad Dog said:
Valve HAS.

Valve HAS

So Valves a guy then?

Hello mr Valve.

oops somebody made a booboo trying to look like a smart ass.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Its only been gold for 2 days. I dont think its posible to get it that early.
Actually, I think it went gold on Friday, given all the rumours that were sweeping the various boards. They probably only decided to announce it on Monday because they'd get more publicity.

idd, gone gold 2 days ago, thats the Press-release... who sais it didnt went into production already before the press release?

CombineHarvester said:
Het spyt my, ik spreek geen Nederlands.
Or something like that!
that's pretty good to be hounest :)
However, we usually spell y as ij :)

Xrenity said:
that's pretty good to be hounest :)
However, we usually spell y as ij :)
Thanks. Those times wandering around Amsterdam weren't a complete blank for me then...... !

epmode said:
actually, he's right. corporation (and band) names are treated as a plural noun. even though it sounds insane.
Dougy said:
So Valves a guy then?

Hello mr Valve.

The names of companies and other organizations are usually regarded as singular, regardless of their ending: "General Motors has announced its fall lineup of new vehicles." Try to avoid the inconsistency that is almost inevitable when you think of corporate entities as a group of individuals: "General Motors has announced their fall lineup of new vehicles."
Source:
http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/plurals.htm

BURN.

wasn't it already stated that IF someone does sell before street date it WILL be unlocked on Steam as well..

and yeah ..hey edge! little harsh ya think?we were all rookies at one point..granted the search here IS alot better than most forums have..Still....

heaven forbid someone who may have never been in ANY forums before should make a simple harmless mistake..

I understand if the n00b/nub/whatever is being an ass,HARSH them..

but let them be the first ass

I am going to repeat what has been said because it is true, you might be able to get the game, that is if some little store decides to risk it all to release HL2 early, but you will have to validate the game online before you are albe to play it offline in single player.

Mad Dog said:

OMGZ! teh GRAMZOEER nazi has pwned me with his 1337 Nazi WAYS!1111oneoneone11!!!!1211

Bet your parents are glad they paid for your tuition now.

-------------------

On subject, Valve says the 16th then its the 16th, im more inclined to belive them than some random store.

Dutch stores are known for releasing games early. I have seen it many times. Legal or not legal. And i hope it happens again, so we can show off here at the forums, and let people cry like bitches :p

-TaNaKa- said:
Dutch stores are known for releasing games early. I have seen it many times. Legal or not legal. And i hope it happens again, so we can show off here at the forums, and let people cry like bitches :p

hahahha..hha.....ha....a.hh.a.........fag :hmph:

just kidding my friend! Anyways, no spoliers if that does happen!

Dougy said:
So Valves a guy then?

Hello mr Valve.

Actually, he is right and YOU are not...
Your responce to his evidence is just too lame for words.

Hell, English isn't even my main language and yet even I know he was right from the start.

"Today i called a store "

yesterday I tied my shoelace, tommorrow I plan to make some tea

To settle the Grammer thing, the has-have thing is a principal difference between English-English and American-English. So you are all right

Wicked Spider said:
store i called here (Israel) said 5th

Israel is known to get there games in early. I remember Doom 3 and UT2K4 were released there, before it was released anywhere else.

T.H.C.138 said:
wasn't it already stated that IF someone does sell before street date it WILL be unlocked on Steam as well..
That was a comment made by Shacknews.com. I don't think it's an official statement. I emailed Gabe asking him if this was true, but I haven't heard back from him.

And I ask again, will anybody who gets a hold of an early boxed copy even be able to play the game since it'll be dependent on Steam authentication? I mean, all Valve has to do is refuse to authenticate any copies before the official release date, so we could very well have a bunch of very smug people getting a rude awakening when they realize they can't actually play the game early.

Mountain Man said:
That was a comment made by Shacknews.com. I don't think it's an official statement. I emailed Gabe asking him if this was true, but I haven't heard back from him.

And I ask again, will anybody who gets a hold of an early boxed copy even be able to play the game since it'll be dependent on Steam authentication? I mean, all Valve has to do is refuse to authenticate any copies before the official release date, so we could very well have a bunch of very smug people getting a rude awakening when they realize they can't actually play the game early.

yeah yeah, but will valve want to piss of retail buyers? Get home game no workie...that won't happen. AT least i hope not!

if heared if it gets selled early no matter where it gets unlocked on steam.
i hope they do
the sooner the better
as long its legaly i think but dunno

Back