Trailer for Disney's Tangled

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSx1dYJlJh4

I dunno. A lot of the jokes seem to fall flat, but the little bit of visuals we do see seem stunning, almost a throw back to the older animated Disney movies. And Rapunzel has a chameleon as a side kick? I just don't get it. Anybody else thinks the trailer is a bit off? But I will wait to make final judgment when it comes out.

thats not too far from how i felt after watching it. I was hoping that it would be better, especially since pixar's John Lasseter basically became "chief creative officer" for Disney's animated branch. I'm still hoping its enjoyable.

theyallmakethisface.jpg

He made the face. The Pixar/Dreamworks face. The trailer wasn't even 20 seconds in, and he made the face. And he keeps making the face throughout the trailer.

Also Rapunzel looks...really ugly compared to the concept art.

He made the face. The Pixar/Dreamworks face. The trailer wasn't even 20 seconds in, and he made the face. And he keeps making the face throughout the trailer.

At this point it can probably be referred to as the computer animated movie face.

The visual style's awesome, but why do these 3d movies have to be shitty comedies? If it was some epic adventure that was semi-serious instead of a sketch show it might be interesting.

The visual style's awesome, but why do these 3d movies have to be shitty comedies? If it was some epic adventure that was semi-serious instead of a sketch show it might be interesting.

Almost all 3d animated movies can be summed up in two categories. Either shitty comedies (for the whole family! LOL), or semi serious adventures that are "edgy", "hip", and "cool" bro. Both suck.

I dont remenber rapunzel being able to control her hair like tentacles

You probably also don't remember what real fairy tales were before Disney raped them.

What, violent and sadistic tales intended to frighten morals into children rather than entertain them?

I always wonder how it feels to the artists that put all of their creative effort into a movie like this, but the writing is so least common denominator that it sucks.

The Pixar/Dreamworks face.

You mean Disney / Dreamworks face. Pixar doesn't do it.

pixarvsdreamworks.jpg

At least they used one of Pink's songs in the trailer.

This will be great.

Haha oh man look at all those smirks and/or grins. These movies are so derivative am I right.

Also Short Circuit is a piece of shit. Sorry to break it your childhood.

Haha oh man look at all those smirks and/or grins. These movies are so derivative am I right.

Also Short Circuit is a piece of shit. Sorry to break it your childhood.

Truth. Short circuit was already a rip-off from star wars anyway.

As for the trailer, I thought it was going to be "hand animated" like the princess and the frog. I must have misremembered... god that looks like shit.

I kind of regret posting that picture now. I never really got the smirk thing in the first image, I just liked the jab at Dreamwork's shitty movies. In the first one, they're all smirking in somewhat similar ways, but you can freeze frame anywhere and find anything ever smirking like that. They didn't even find good examples for Donkey or Will Smith. In the Pixar one, they show a bunch of them twice, and only Jessie and Buzz are even doing the face at all. What a load of shit comeback to a pretty lame joke in the first place.

Well actually in the Pixar one they are all making "the face", except for Short Circuit and Wall-E. I have no idea why they're even there, they don't have facial features, except for the eyes...

I dunno, I guess I don't see it. Optional shifted eyebrows with a smirk or smile (with teeth showing or not) does not constitute a "face" to me, from either Dreamworks or Pixar. It's so vague I can't even describe it.

I dont remenber rapunzel being able to control her hair like tentacles
I tell you right now, that hair-tentacle stuff is going to create a lot of fetishes. You're gonna hear about it when this generation's kids grow up. Give it like ten, fifteen years, kids'll be like, "Oh man, the way she wrapped that guy up in her hair, that was so hot."

It's gonna be like the Ariel foot fetish thing. Preserve this message for posterity and see if it doesn't happen.

Also Short Circuit is a piece of shit.
Please. You won't even trigger my rage with such weak shit. There will be no caps lock, no size=5 + bold. You know why? Because I can unequivocally prove you're full of shit, with one clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l30sOEv_JUc

I tell you right now, that hair-tentacle stuff is going to create a lot of fetishes. You're gonna hear about it when this generation's kids grow up. Give it like ten, fifteen years, kids'll be like, "Oh man, the way she wrapped that guy up in her hair, that was so hot."

It's gonna be like the Ariel foot fetish thing. Preserve this message for posterity and see if it doesn't happen.

Actually I think you're going to hear about it like now...

Yeah but try not to compare that to Wall-E, k?

I count "the face" 5 times in this Toy Story 3 promo pic:

ToyStory3-3.jpg

What's cool about Short Circuit is that they actually designed a working robot that could drive around.

Nowadays they'd cheap out and maybe make like 1 or 2 models for closeups, but all the shots of it moving would be cg.

The way the main character is modelled seems quite akin to Disney's hand-drawing style.

I still think it will be fun. I'll see it.

That said, imagine what could be done with today's technology and a nice gritty and mature fantasy like Fire And Ice??!! Man, THAT is something I can only dream of. All that blood and gore and scantily-clad/straight-up nude women. *sigh*

(For reference):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-yLWGaIxM

Wow that looks all kinds of horrible. I remember thinking last year from some early pics that it looked promising, but then I read the potential storylines and it was pretty obvious that it was going to suck.

However, some shots in the trailer look nice if you turn off the sound and ignore all the parts where the characters are doing anything and maybe also hit pause.

I'll prolly see toy story three later today, I'll let you know if I'm wrong.

I still think it will be fun. I'll see it.

That said, imagine what could be done with today's technology and a nice gritty and mature fantasy like Fire And Ice??!! Man, THAT is something I can only dream of. All that blood and gore and scantily-clad/straight-up nude women. *sigh*

(For reference):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-yLWGaIxM

Dude, that's awesome, it reminds me of the Heavy Metal movies. Isn't Frank Frazetta a major influence behind Heavy Metal in general?

**** Yes.

Well, toy story three was better than I expected. It seems they put all the worst bits into the trailers. It's a lot darker than the first two movies.

But I still think tangled will suck.

wait toy story 3 is out?

**** i thought it was coming out in like 2011 or something

Toy Story 3 was excellent. Lots of funny moments, and it actually made me a tear up a bit.

Back