Trailer for Disney's Tangled

Animation

Hey guys, I work on behalf of Disney, and I thought you might be interested in checking out this video. Creating the Look video The clip shows how we created the "new look" for Tangled. It's pretty cool stuff, and it goes into some detail about the animation. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Dude, that's awesome, it reminds me of the Heavy Metal movies. Isn't Frank Frazetta a major influence behind Heavy Metal in general?

**** Yes.

Heavy metal is a magazine; most of the stories in the movie are lifted from the magazine or are in the spirit of the magazine

frank frazetta worked on Fire and Ice. it's obvious to anyone familiar with his work. it also relied heavily on rotoscoping which gave it the illusion of being animated but it's just painting over film. it was pretty much a Conan movie without calling it a conan movie. some of the principle players were in some way associated with the conan universe at the time. anyways that movie is an fluke. that many creative people with free reign to see their vision through to the end will never be repeated in that kind of film. the stakes/budgets/risk is much higher today

What are your thoughts on Tangled?
My thoughts mostly revolve around how the movie is going to be months old when I finally get to see it, as usual. That and the name change being daft.

Hey, with regard to the name change...we did it for a few reasons. While the film is based on the story of Rapunzel, it is a fresh new take on the story. It still has the magic of a Disney fairy tale, but with a twist. For example, Rapunzel isn't a damsel in distress anymore. As an independent woman, she works together with Flynn to avoid danger and continue on the journey. We thought the new title did a better job of capturing the story. I hope this helps clarify some of the confusion.

I think it looks crappy and too slapstick comedy(or whatever is named) trying to imitate shrek too much go tell that to your cybor overlod mr walt next time he ask for opinion of the movie

and why she can "control" her hair like tentacles? if she can do that why she dont leave the tower like dr octopus?

I for one like my damsels distressed. This new take I find rather uncomfortable. Independent woman... But also what RJMC said. Too slapsticky.

Haha right, it's almost as though he works for them. ;)

I've noticed a lot of occult symbols and references to ancient religion in Disney productions.

Here is the full Freemason crest on the back of a jacket in an episode of Hannah Montannah.

freemasoncrest.jpg

Is there any kind of official stance on this, Mr. Disney?

I've noticed a lot of occult symbols and references to ancient religion in Disney productions.

Is there any kind of official stance on this, Mr. Disney?

This is the first time I've ever heard someone mention this, so the answer to your question is no. There is no official stance on this. Sorry I can't help you out of this one.

And yes, I do work with Disney to help get the word out about Tangled. There was some discussion about the movie here, and I figured you fans might be interested in learning a little more about the movie. For example, we just released a few new character profile videos. They are pretty funny, and definitely worth a look. Check them out and let me know what you think. Thanks.

tell your bosses that this tactic is awkward and do soemthing more tipical like a facebook page or something like that or take a look at valve

also one tip your bosses may be interested is to make mickey gay,you can guess how much aprecciation you can get,and since in one of your last movies you made a black protagonist,even though like 40 after uhura of star trek and the whole civil rights movement and martin luther king,making a gay mickey will give you a lot of good PR especially since the marriages are allowed and gay soldiers are too so I am surprised you didnt make that before

and if you dont want to screw whit the cannon or something like that them make that mickey was in some kind of gay phase or something like that but whitout condemming the lifestyle,and meanwhile minnie had a relationship whit a transexual so you can get that market too

you can even expand it to other platforms like videogames and mke like a sequel of epic mickey called epic gay mickey or something like that

This is the first time I've ever heard someone mention this, so the answer to your question is no. There is no official stance on this. Sorry I can't help you out of this one.
You would say that, wouldn't you?!

Also I've deleted all the links from your posts, now you're a harmless advertising bot. And please, no more.

Hey, with regard to the name change...we did it for a few reasons. While the film is based on the story of Rapunzel, it is a fresh new take on the story. It still has the magic of a Disney fairy tale, but with a twist. For example, Rapunzel isn't a damsel in distress anymore. As an independent woman, she works together with Flynn to avoid danger and continue on the journey. We thought the new title did a better job of capturing the story. I hope this helps clarify some of the confusion.

I lol'd so hard at this. What a politically correct, soulless shill of a film concept. Do we really need to make such a butchery of the tale of Rapunzel to conform to today's "Independent Womyn(TM)" image?

Anyway, get off our forums corporate shill. This is a forum of cynical, crotchety bastards who will mercilessly despise and disparage you, your company, and your company's movie.

Wow, thanks for helping us figure out exactly what we are, man!

Bringin' the whole tone down.

YEAH, **** YOU ASSHOLE. I'M NOT CROTCHETY, YOU ARE. :frown:

Saw the trailer for this at the movies, looks so terrible.

Hot damn. It didn't suck.

I just saw Tangled today, and it wasn't bad. The animation was top-notch, that's for sure. The story was solidly plotted, had a good ending. I won't say it's Pixar quality, but it's certainly a solid film. I still think How to Train Your Dragon is the most deserving of this year's award, and Toy Story 3 immediately following, but that does not mean Tangled was bad.

All in all I'd give Tangled an 8/10, partly because it's good, and partly because it surprised the shit out of me that it was.

Screw this movie. It was so bad I'm not even going to explain why I think it's bad. And **** the chameleon.

This movie was good. The whole thing is this thing like...I don't know. It does things that just work for what it is. It was funny, it was cute. Also

dat fryin pan

2ihm93a.jpg

All ther over exaggerated facial expressions in these animated movies makes me wish I could punch the characters in the face.

That and she looks ****ing twelve but I'm assuming she's meant to be a grown woman. STOP CONFUSING ME, DISNEY. FIRST FURRIES AND NOW THIS?

No, but your post reeks of trolling. Short, vitriolic, gives no solid reasoning, and disagrees with a large number of people (meaning RottenTomatoes and FirstShowing.net, two places that are the barometers of internet approval).

All ther over exaggerated facial expressions in these animated movies makes me wish I could punch the characters in the face.

Hahah, THIS.

That and she looks ****ing twelve but I'm assuming she's meant to be a grown woman. STOP CONFUSING ME, DISNEY. FIRST FURRIES AND NOW THIS?

Yeah what the hell DISNEY?! What is up with that? They used to have some of the best looking female characters.

Yeah, but they still do. That's the confusing part. ;(

No, but your post reeks of trolling.

No it doesn't. He didn't like the movie. Deal w/ it.

Protip: not everyone who disagrees with you on the internet is a troll. Unless you're Derek Smart.

No it doesn't. He didn't like the movie. Deal w/ it.

No, that actually was trolling. Saying it sucked and he won't even explain why either means he's just being retarded or his brain can't form actual thoughts. Either way he's a troll, and a moron.

She's 17/18.

No, but your post reeks of trolling. Short, vitriolic, gives no solid reasoning, and disagrees with a large number of people (meaning RottenTomatoes and FirstShowing.net, two places that are the barometers of internet approval).

I stoped paying attention to rottemtomatoes when die hard 4 got a 9

No, that actually was trolling. Saying it sucked and he won't even explain why either means he's just being retarded or his brain can't form actual thoughts. Either way he's a troll, and a moron.

I don't think you know what trolling is.

Anyway, since when have these boards been so up in arms about people disliking things? Oh yeah, forever.

I don't think you know what trolling is.

Anyway, since when have these boards been so up in arms about people disliking things? Oh yeah, forever.

Oh please I troll all the time I know exactly what it is. Or are you new here?

And disliking things is fine - when you can make an argument about why. For instance, Morgs hates how exaggerated the facial expressions are. That's a perfectly reasonable opinion. "I don't like it and I'm not even going to say why" is, as I already said, pretty moronic.

That's... not trolling. It's really not. I'm not sure what else to say here.

Oh shit I failed to specify what I was talking about. Welp guess I'm a troll now.

Jesus, you on your period or something?

Back