Tribes and Tribes 2 Free!!!!!!!!!!111!!1eleven

Reaction score
www.Tribes2.com said:
We're celebrating the upcoming release of Tribes: Vengeance by giving away Starsiege®: Tribes® and Tribes 2 for free on a special-edition DVD-ROM bundled with the newsstand edition of the June issue of Computer Gaming World magazine and online via FilePlanet.com. The giveaway is meant to celebrate the fourth-quarter release of Tribes: Vengeance, the next installment in the venerable Tribes franchise of PC action games.
The special versions of these games will be available in the June issue of Computer Gaming World, which will hit newsstands starting May 4, 2004, and will be simultaneously accessible for online download through FilePlanet.com.
It isn't on fileplanet yet but i hope it will be later today.

Heh I might even download this and take a look finally. Cheers for the info Computer5k.

Yeah, glad this day finally came. Everyone needs to experience these two gems.

Tribes 2 is awesome. I loved playing that online with friends just messing around or working in pairs in the bombers. Good times.

Heheh, funny. I remember the first time (And last time) I went to a lan centre I played this game. I loved it. But got confused. I dont like getting confused so I left it. But now that I am older I feel that chalange is good. And fun too!

DOWNLOAD THIS GAME NOW

AT LAST!! w00000!

edit: both tribes 1 and 2

edit2: 30+ min wait times!? screw that!!, i'm waitin for mirrors (even this is only a fileplanet exclusive :/

Tribes 2 looks a lot like the new Onslaught mode in UT2004, is it?

Sort of, but its what pioneered the gameplay. There are vehicles which really led the way for UT's, but they tend to need a bit more skillful and are more tactically focused (heavy transport/mobile base).
The difference is that in Tribes you can fly, and the idea is not to capture points, rather to capture the flag.
T2 is my preference, but since my friends have weak computers I'm going to try getting them into T1.

130min wait on fileplanet now, which equals 500 minutes in real time. Hopefully my CGW will come today, even though it hit the newstands today and im suppose to get it before the newstands get it......................

If anyone gets themselves a good mirror spread the love. :D

Hey guys guess what!!!!!

The mail came..... and my CGW wasnt there... hooray for subscriptions! :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

Sweet, looks like there will be a ton of n00bs to beat up on :)

Yeah, I'm waiting on the e-mail they send you for a key.

There still are only like 10 T2 CTF servers withe more than 15 people on.

BTW 10 mins till my tribes1 download starts.

I looked at both tribes 2 and 1 screenshot, so i went with tribes 2. 36 more minutes until download.

I would warn that for the moment Tribes 2 needs a key, but Fileplanet is taking their darned time giving them out.

Direwolf said:
I would warn that for the moment Tribes 2 needs a key, but Fileplanet is taking their darned time giving them out.
Dynamix will probably take the cd-key checker off so anything works.

my download meter has been at 7 minutes for the past five minutes :(

MY DOWNLOAD THANGY CRASHED RIGHT BEFORE IT FINISHED
/me kills fileplanet

ill get them tommorow as well, cba tonite and id have to cr8 account etc.

Hehe...Fileplanet seems to have gone down for the moment. Either some problem or a maintenance thing.
Edit: Nvm, back up.

Was 30 mins then it went up to 45, then 59mins, cancelled, will dl in a few days when the hype has died down.

finally the download starts, the first 100 minutes in line went pretty fast, but the last 22 minutes took over a hour, but im at 27%, hopefully nothing will crash or anything.

neither works anymore *sigh*
85 more minutes... then i will strike :D
EIDT: Second one works :cheers:
thanx for the links.

Xtasy0 said:

When i click on the link to get the cd key it says that my e-mail has to be verified to acces this page. So i click the button to verify it, i get sent the e-mail, i verify it, i click the link again, and the same thing happens, any help?

Thanks

Epyon said:
When i click on the link to get the cd key it says that my e-mail has to be verified to acces this page. So i click the button to verify it, i get sent the e-mail, i verify it, i click the link again, and the same thing happens, any help?

Thanks

Same thing here. How did you get it to work?

do you have a gamespy/fileplanet account? (free one)
worked fine for me, I just logged in, entered the verification code and got a cd key.

man fun times, I used to love playing tribes on my 56k dial-up and P1 200mhz mmx.

kudos to VU games for the kickbacks, Tribes Vengeance looks tha shiznit too.

G.Freeman said:
Same thing here. How did you get it to work?

I loged out and then loged back in, and then i clicked the link.

this is sweet, the original tribes was all il played in 99-00

Back