Update F'ed me up

G

gonzo1949

YEa thats right the update totally screwed everything up. I recently updated my steam...its not like i had a choice...and now when i go in to hammer...it says it cant find gameinfo.txt. that its missing or its invalid...where the hell do i find this file...if it did get deleted can i have yours? cuz i cant edit anymaps with out this txt file...tell me whats wrong jebus...

just search for it in your computer, it'll be in your steam folder somewhere and paste it where you need it. It's really just a small file, mine did the same thing.

ic...ty..i thought i lost all my maps or something...geez...

omg...um i did a file search on my comp with key word game...and then info...i got no gameinfo.txt...its gone. Will someone share their gameinfo.txt and help out a fellow map maker

i need some one to post the contents of "gameinfo.txt" in the css folder

mmmm...whats that?! be a little more specific...where should i look?....oh...lol...right im stupid...wait...im not following...im missing my gameinfo...thats all
EDIT:!!: WOOT I FOuND IT...its located in Sourcesdk\sampleapp...if not there then try sourcesdk\launcher...woot woot woot...if anybody really got their's deleted...IM me at s3abass45...ill send it over :cheers:

Yeah, you have to run the game so that it generates a new gameinfo.txt.

It's an excruciatingly stupid system, I know, but I'm too far away from Washington to stab Valve's employees myself.

yes! this gives me the perfect opertunity to use googles desktop searcher!

Um... All I did was run the game and reset everything in the SDK...
That worked for me.
:)

Back