US governor quits over gay affair

KidRock said:
thanks but I am not sure why I need that...perhaps you should use it?

dic·tion·ar·y:

1. A reference book containing an alphabetical list of words, with information given for each word, usually including meaning, pronunciation, and etymology.

CptStern said:
dic·tion·ar·y:

1. A reference book containing an alphabetical list of words, with information given for each word, usually including meaning, pronunciation, and etymology.

Mmmm you can copy and paste...maybe now we can make complete sentances.

stop spamming please and get back on topic:

why do you think france having "a lot of gays" has anything to do with this topic? please enlighten us with your solomon-like wisdom

CptStern said:
stop spamming please and get back on topic:

why do you think france having "a lot of gays" has anything to do with this topic? please enlighten us with your solomon-like wisdom

I was just pointing out all countries have gays.

KidRock said:
I was just pointing out all countries have gays.

that still doesnt answer why you brought it up ..what does this have to do with the topic?

Come on stern, look at his name for cryin out loud. He is obviously anti-france because the white house press room told him france was teh lose!1 And that freedom fries are the win.

If you consider it anti France to say France has gays, it looks as if you have something against gays. I don't see how it was meant in a derrogetory manner at all, what it does look like is that you guys are trying to make it INTO that, which is homophobic itself.

Meh, if he cheated on his wife then that's his problem to sort out with her. I don't mind if people are gay or not or bi or tri or whatever. It amazes me that people can percieve genuine equality between races and such and such but find homosexuality unacceptable. As far as I'm concerned, it's all equal, race, sex, sexuality, hairstyle, length-of-nosehair. I'll judge people once I get to know them thnks.

Not an insult:

btw that said, the article title should be changed though to "US Governer pulls out after gay affair".

hehehe

thats not really funny, unless its the fact that he was gay that you find so hilarious... where's all the fat people stories?

and stern, no one here considers bush a hero. and if they do they're either horribly uninformed or they are blindly republican.

it's the same as if he cheated on his wife with another woman. if he's dishonest to the people he's closest to, what reason does he have to be honest to folks he doesn't even know (the public)?

RakuraiTenjin said:
If you consider it anti France to say France has gays, it looks as if you have something against gays. I don't see how it was meant in a derrogetory manner at all, what it does look like is that you guys are trying to make it INTO that, which is homophobic itself.

that's stretching it, dont you think?

why france? why not Greece (that would be the obvious choice ..they do have an island called Lesvos (lesbos?))

Innervision, ya I know but some things get under my skin ...btw I love freedom fries ..."they taste better in america!"

Innervision961 said:
Come on stern, look at his name for cryin out loud. He is obviously anti-france because the white house press room told him france was teh lose!1 And that freedom fries are the win.

Considering your avatar is a cartoon you are a little kid..you argument is worthless.

CptStern said:
that's stretching it, dont you think?

why france? why not Greece (that would be the obvious choice ..they do have an island called Lesvos (lesbos?))

Innervision, ya I know but some things get under my skin ...btw I love freedom fries ..."they taste better in america!"

stern, i'm with you my brother (for the first time). i know you're not a homophobe. and i hate all this picking on france crap. it was cool at first ya know, but now it's way outta hand.

let's all cut the anti-france garbage!

thats not really funny, unless its the fact that he was gay that you find so hilarious... where's all the fat people stories?

sigh. Never mind. I just thought it would be a funny title if it was done unintentionally. A purely literary joke. It's like laughing at improper punctuation, jeez. I go and espouse my firm belief in equality, yet an attempt at humor is instantly an attack on gays. Damn, people. You're like Hyenas.

I agree that people shouldn't pick on France the way they do. But people shouldn't pick on America the way they do either. Some have valid concerns, but others just post insults that just aren't true. That goes both ways.

ShadowFox said:
I agree that people shouldn't pick on France the way they do. But people shouldn't pick on America the way they do either. Some have valid concerns, but others just post insults that just aren't true. That goes both ways.
amen.

10char

I don't see this as funny whatsoever. What he did, however, was probably ethically right (that and it took some balls).

Don't turn this into a flame-fest, this was an interesting topic.

Now, on with my opinion. Clinton had an affair in office, right? And he was ridiculed -- probably for the rest of his life -- for doing so. The fact that this case was a gay affair probably didn't make any difference in this guy's decision to leave. Because if he stayed, he may have been ridiculed out of office. Granted, Clinton did lie about his position while this guy openly announced it... however, the fact that he had an affair was the main reason that he decided to leave, I would think. But the fact that it was a gay affair just made it worse. (Because, you see, there are weak minded people in this country that might not want a "fag" in office.)

My point? Homosexuality only played a small part in this particular case.

And the stupid guy cheated on his poor wife. :p Oh well, at least he apologized.

KidRock said:
Considering your avatar is a cartoon you are a little kid..you argument is worthless.

Um i'm 21, and considering you obviously like kidrock, your a retarded redneck, how does that work for ya? And no, i don't have anything wrong with gay people, but the manner in which he said it, implied that everyone in france was gay, and that there was something wrong with that. Not my words, his... :hmph:

Innervision961 said:
Um i'm 21, and considering you obviously like kidrock, your a retarded redneck, how does that work for ya? And no, i don't have anything wrong with gay people, but the manner in which he said it, implied that everyone in france was gay, and that there was something wrong with that. Not my words, his... :hmph:

I never said anyone in france was gay..and since you said in your other post "considering his name is kidrock he is a redneck blah blah blah" I assumed you are a little 10 year old with your avatar. (and i am still having trouble as seeing you as a 21 year old but w/e)

Also there are gay people in france..and america..and canada. There is nothing wrong with that..if you are a homophobe that is your own problem innervision.

I'm a homophobe? Maybe your a "franceaphobe"... I don't have a problem with gay people, I have a problem with people using gay in a derrogatory fashion to describe their dislike for another country. Sure there are lots of gay people in France, and America, and Canada etc. etc. We all know this, but what was the point in singling out France? Whats the use? You say "I never said anyone in France was gay" but merely a few pages back you said something to the effect of "France has a lot of gay people" your not making sense. I don't have a problem with you kidrock, I don't have a problem with gays, and I don't have a problem with France. What I have a problem with is people who have a problem with France/gays etc. Its pointless to make fun of France, sure you say there may be a lot of gay people there, but there may also be a lot of nice, generous smart people there too, so again what was the point in even saying that? This is going nowhere fast, so back on topic.

Erestheux said:
Don't turn this into a flame-fest, this was an interesting topic.
Quoted for emphasis. Take it to PMs, please.

Erestheux said:

Read my last post :D "this is going nowhere fast, back on topic"

Anyhow, its wrong he cheated, morally. Its admirable that he admitted his mistakes, especially in the manner in which he did. Its also admirable that he has taken it upon himself to step down from his position. Truth and honesty are always the best policy, we just need more of it when it comes to politics :cheers:

Erestheux said:
quoted for double emphasis.

you know, yristhoox, you only joined 2 months ago but you seem like a long time regular :p

CyberSh33p said:
quoted for double emphasis.

you know, yristhoox, you only joined 2 months ago but you seem like a long time regular :p
I love this place and I love you!!!

*ahem* Back on topic. So... gay governors. Yeah. That's interesting. Yep.

Innervision961 said:
I'm a homophobe? Maybe your a "franceaphobe"... I don't have a problem with gay people, I have a problem with people using gay in a derrogatory fashion to describe their dislike for another country. Sure there are lots of gay people in France, and America, and Canada etc. etc. We all know this, but what was the point in singling out France? Whats the use? You say "I never said anyone in France was gay" but merely a few pages back you said something to the effect of "France has a lot of gay people" your not making sense. I don't have a problem with you kidrock, I don't have a problem with gays, and I don't have a problem with France. What I have a problem with is people who have a problem with France/gays etc. Its pointless to make fun of France, sure you say there may be a lot of gay people there, but there may also be a lot of nice, generous smart people there too, so again what was the point in even saying that? This is going nowhere fast, so back on topic.

I'm pretty sure he picked a random country and said "X Nation has gay people. " to illustrate the gay thing isn't really a big deal, you know? It happened to be France. If he'd said Britain, there'd end up being people from the UK flipping out who didn't understand, etc just the same. You jumped on him for something he wasn't trying to do.

But that also is an interesting point.. why was it a WORSE thing because he'd said France? CptStern earlier asked why he didn't say somewhere like Greece. But why not France? What makes it 'offlimits' to even MENTION (It wasn't even a bash)

RakuraiTenjin said:
I'm pretty sure he picked a random country and said "X Nation has gay people. " to illustrate the gay thing isn't really a big deal, you know? It happened to be France. If he'd said Britain, there'd end up being people from the UK flipping out who didn't understand, etc just the same. You jumped on him for something he wasn't trying to do.

But that also is an interesting point.. why was it a WORSE thing because he'd said France? CptStern earlier asked why he didn't say somewhere like Greece. But why not France? What makes it 'offlimits' to even MENTION (It wasn't even a bash)

Check PMs please, we will have to leave this debate out of this thread at the request of others :cheers:

On the topic, all I can think of is:
All animals are equal. But some are more equal than others.
Simply put, the fact that he's gay should not be an issue.
If you disagree, see the above quote.

Who cares if he's gay? Does that revelation make him any less smart or skilled than he was two days ago? The fact is, no-one minded him when he was closet.

And Cpt Stern is not anti-american.
It's obvious that he doesn't like the way Bush's republican party is acting, but that's why you all have a two-party system. It's already clear that he prefered another American for the job: Clinton.
Repeat after me: Bush is not America.

In short: a different viewpoint from your own is not anti-americanism.

The issue isn't his gayness at all. It's that he cheated on his wife.

I still think the fundraising issue also had a tiny bit to play with this, but majorly this.

I know cheating isn't good, but then again, living a lie isn't either.

What's this debate about?

cba to read the whole thread after the Bush supporters started posting.

Sprafa said:
What's this debate about?

cba to read the whole thread after the Bush supporters started posting.

Same thing happened to me.
I thought it was how a guy had to resign over having a gay affair, but now I'm uncertain.
Somehow it was sidetracked into "pro-Bush USA! USA!" territory.

Mechagodzilla said:
It's obvious that he doesn't like the way Bush's republican party is acting, but that's why you all have a two-party system. It's already clear that he prefered another American for the job: Clinton.
No, actually you hit on my exact problem with his post.

"yet another president lies through his teeth, invades a country and you all call him a hero"

If you think all Americans consider him a hero then you are mistaken. I'd say half at BEST. And the same half are the folks that criticized Clinton. I just don't like the Republican viewpoint being taken as the American viewpoint.

Anyway, on topic, it is being said now he is probably being blackmailed by his lover and that is why he is resigning.

Mechagodzilla said:
And Cpt Stern is not anti-american.

In short: a different viewpoint from your own is not anti-americanism.

thanks, I couldnt have said it better myself :)

Mechagodzilla said:
Same thing happened to me.
I thought it was how a guy had to resign over having a gay affair, but now I'm uncertain.
Somehow it was sidetracked into "pro-Bush USA! USA!" territory.
Who here is pro-Bush? I haven't seen anything except some incoherent babble from kidrock talking about gays in France.

There are plenty of homosexual people on this planet, no need to generalise by geographic areas. It's a GODDAMN INVASION! :O

Seriously though, there are far more married gay men out there than we'd like to think, simply becuase of the stigma attached to being gay. If homsexiality was more accepted then this kind of thing wouldn't happen. Not that I condone the spineless, self serving way that these "stealth homosexuals" work. Especially if the wife has no idea. Imagine the psychological damage this could cause if she were unaware?!? Scary shizzit.

well the loss of friends and family could be a very valid reason for hiding it

Back