US poll find majority of americans dont believe in evolution

you're right. But you can prove something using an experimental model, which is almost like an analogy. And this has been done for evolution countless times using computer models.

But you can't truly "prove" evolution without observational data from the past few millions of years.

Exactly. And observational data from the past few millions of years exists in the form of fossils.

-DaMaN

Fossils are fake. They was put there by god to trick humanity and to test our faith in the lord.

Exactly. And observational data from the past few millions of years exists in the form of fossils.

-DaMaN

Problem with that is for as many animals that have apparently evolved, there are just as many that haven't, or it is not apparent. Turtles for example.

Problem with that is for as many animals that have apparently evolved, there are just as many that haven't, or it is not apparent. Turtles for example.

turtles have gotten successively smaller over the years.

But as for that case, in evolution there will always be niches for the simple, and certain techniques will almost always work. An evolving species does not neccisarly replace another species with equal fitness.

Its all the old people around these parts. I am in my 20s, I would say 90% of my friends are too stoned to understand evolution but aren't stoned enough to believe god had and has a hand in everything that happens to us. However, people at work, mostly in their 40s to 60s are about half and half; some believe in god and some don't. That still seems to me like that poll is off somehow.

Its all the old people around these parts. I am in my 20s, I would say 90% of my friends are too stoned to understand evolution but aren't stoned enough to believe god had and has a hand in everything that happens to us. However, people at work, mostly in their 40s to 60s are about half and half; some believe in god and some don't. That still seems to me like that poll is off somehow.
Where exactly are “these parts” for you? I’m from Atlanta GA and from my experiences with people around here that pole actually seems too low. Hail Atlanta!

Miracle of Miracles: we just ended Ralph Reed’s bid for Lt. Governor.

Damn right, Atlanta kicks ass right now. Can you imagine if Ralph Reed got a position in government?

Where exactly are “these parts” for you? I’m from Atlanta GA and from my experiences with people around here that pole actually seems too low. Hail Atlanta!

Miracle of Miracles: we just ended Ralph Reed’s bid for Lt. Governor.

In atlanta, really? That place always seemed rational to me. Shows how much I know.

In atlanta, really? That place always seemed rational to me. Shows how much I know.
Don’t get me wrong, Atlanta is a very modern and pleasant place to live. The northern suburbs are the richest area code in the nation behind 90210. But there is a huge born-again community.
Damn right, Atlanta kicks ass right now. Can you imagine if Ralph Reed got a position in government?
If it wasn’t for his Abramoff connections he would be the republican candidate for Lt. Governor right now.

RANDOM samples can still be wrong.

and hell, while we may just be a bunch of bible humping farm boys we're still the most technically advanced nation in the world.

suck it!

oh yea and the richest. its clear who god favors :)

How are we the most technologically advanced nation in the world?

I have been to many different countries and get all the same technologies i get in the united states like, high speed internet, flat screen Tvs, satellite channels, cell phones, PDAs, lap tops, wireless HS internet, vehicles, ect. All of these technologies in USA, Mexico, UK,France, Germany, Canada, Swistserland, ect.

Back