valve says no 2 screens on pc gameplay

Hish

Reaction score
well, just saw this on pcgameplay.com, they told us they would release 50 extra screenshots on their upcoming release..
but they wont, valve asked them not to release the 50 extra screenshots, because they think, we could see too much of the game or something..

:frown:

DARN, i couldnt find anything on search damn..

lol :p
Jep, now they won't, Valves afraid players will be spoiled too much.

well i think its crap..cant they atleast give us 20 screenshots :\

Hish said:
well i think its crap..cant they atleast give us 20 screenshots :\
they were planning to do fifty of 'm on the DVD, but now they will only publish forty, which are in the article.

hmm weird, i thougt the forty screenshots were old screenshots but nevermind hehehe

stelletje hoertjes :)

I agree, after waiting all this time, it would so suck if official magazines gave away too many screenshot's, spoiling what otherwise would be first time location's and stuff.

I'm probably just going to skip the review and read the score and final conclusion, I've had enough of this game spoiled for me.

So what if we´ll see pics from the game? It won´t come out anyway so...

/D

Inanimate said:
So what if we´ll see pics from the game? It won´t come out anyway so...

/D

ALL the pics you going see are from the game.

I think its not going to spoil the story for us.

So I say bring it on. :D

40 new screens is much. very much. if valve thought, don't release the other ones, because it would spoil too much of the game, then i think they had they reasons. i think it's good they made that decision.

and hey guys! we'll see hl2 in the next couple weeks, anyway, so..it's all good

When HL2 appears I'll be tempted to impose a full media blackout on myself until I've completed the game.

Review on the 5th October. I may well try and abduct a copy...

really cant wait for that revieuw :D cant beleave those bastard just finished the game by there selfs..

lucky a******* :p

lonestar said:
40 new screens is much. very much. if valve thought, don't release the other ones, because it would spoil too much of the game, then i think they had they reasons. i think it's good they made that decision.

and hey guys! we'll see hl2 in the next couple weeks, anyway, so..it's all good

agreed.
if anyone should know what affect the screen shots would have on fans, it is Valve :p
anyway...it doesn't matter... no amount of screen shots are gonna fill the hunger of wanting to play the game.. its just best to get the game out the door ASAP instead of more screen shots and binks.

Hey, does this mean that valve know that there will be a delay in the release of HL2? cus if they have released it before this mag is out , then this is only good comercial?

I dont want to see 40+ screenshots until i have the game in my hands. I won't (if i can help it) be reading the review or looking at the scans.

full translation:

After the contents of the October issue was made public (hl2 review) and has caused some commotion on the Internet Valve has requested that we do not release our 50 planned extra photo's on our DVD as in fear that people would see too much of the game before it hits the stores. Even though we would be very careful not to release any critical moments of the game on the screenshots we understand their worry. This means that you dear reader will have to do with the 40 screenshots that are already together with the review en no extra 50 as planned that would've been on the DVD. Our apologies but our screenshot gallery will still be held with screenshots of Rome Total War, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Call of Duty United Offensive, Warhammer Dawn of War etc.

Lateralus said:
good! i don't want any more spoilers

Yeah , at first I was thinking '**** them'; but I think its a good thing , I dont want to see all of the game and they dont want me to either so..

Good! I don't want to see anymore new screenshots or movies. It will ruin the game.

KagePrototype said:
I'm probably just going to skip the review and read the score and final conclusion, I've had enough of this game spoiled for me.

I'll drink to that :) I can't remember all the times I've spoiled games .. It sucks to be a nosy bastard I tell you. I'll just skip everything related to HL2 but the game itself. I just can't spoil this game..

I think Valve is now aware of our ability to examine every screenshot for anything.

new weapons...characters...vehicles...could all be on those screenshots

So does valve confirm that there will be review in the mag?

I assume by acknowledging that their disallowance of the 50 screenshots there not going to deny it.

When's this magazine with a review supposed to be put out?

40 screenshots!! WoW that is so much in a magazine on a review!

i agree with valve! i mean if we see 50 screenshots...When we play the game we will be like "oh yea i saw this on the E3 Bink movie" or "oh yea i saw this monster/scene in one of the 40 pics in a review.

Back