Valve Software Pays Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
:LOL:

Hodges has to be the most saddest and cringe worthy person in the entire hl community. His site speaks for itself.

cadaveca said:
Usually, when threads are pointless like this, the mod's close them. Usually. Instead, they have taken the time to bash the poster. I know about free speech and all...but frankly, the moderator's behavior belies the thruth of thier mentality...

Hmm, very family friendly.:thumbs:

Valve actually associates itself with people like this? I'm glad don't let my son go to fansites. I thought moderators were supposed to deal with sort of thing, not create it.:rolleyes:

glad to see staff making public statements like this. It's like george bush saying "i wanna urinate down the throat of the public, but that's just MY opinion."

Great. now i have stooped to your level.:rolleyes:

Do you even know who Hodges is?

cadaveca said:
Usually, when threads are pointless like this, the mod's close them. Usually. Instead, they have taken the time to bash the poster. I know about free speech and all...but frankly, the moderator's behavior belies the thruth of thier mentality...

Valve actually associates itself with people like this? I'm glad don't let my son go to fansites. I thought moderators were supposed to deal with sort of thing, not create it.:rolleyes:

glad to see staff making public statements like this. It's like george bush saying "i wanna urinate down the throat of the public, but that's just MY opinion."

Oh dear.

Well, if your son can't cope with genital warts, I'd suggest keeping him off the internet. And making sure he always wears a condom.

As for Hodges, if you don't know about his 'legacy', then don't judge people's opinions about him.

cadaveca, this is andy hodges:

I make a living by squatting Domain names. Of course this takes a whole lot of talent. Good thing it doesn't take up alot of my time.

I really like to use my spare time to fondle farm animals. I find that large horses cock's feel great in my boyish ass.

Now I am off to buy www.xbox720.com, www.playstation4.com and ps4.com.

- best regaurds, Andy

Unno, i dont really know the 'legacy' of andy hodges, but this all just seems to bizarre to be true. You sure no one's gone and like 'guessed' his password? :p

Sparta said:
I dont know who Andy Hodges is...
I know who he is thanks to him claiming he sued VALVe and won within 12 hours. It was hate at first sight.

He even sang "Half-life2.net sucks.." over and over on Hl radio.

He is truly a sad man.

I just noticed something:

andyhodges said:
Many of you watched what happened last week with ************* (*******************). <snipped some bollocks here>

Andy Hodges is the Executive Producer for GameSHOUT Radio (*******************) that is growing near 36 million listeners as of July 2006.

It's Andy Hodges from the future!

/me goes and registers gameYELL.com - you never know, it might just pay off!

You seem to sound proud that you're being a complete arsehole. :(

Also, nice you leaving to go on holiday as soon as you post this so there is no time to get.. oh.. say.. evidence? Strange that.

Pi Mu Rho said:
I just noticed something:
It's Andy Hodges from the future!

/me goes and registers gameYELL.com - you never know, it might just pay off!

Ah! Maybe it isn't a lie then, he is just assuming it'll be at that figure in 2006! :p

Has anybody thought to ask someone from Valve about the acurracy of said claims?

-Angry Lawyer

If it were true, then Valve wouldn't comment anyway. It's a little thing called "professionalism" that Ms Hodges needs to learn.

I'm gonna go and try to hack their site.

What an idiot.

cadaveca said:

STFU Treasonous Imbecile n00b

Andy Hodges can suck the big one for all I care. He sounds like an immature, arrogant idiot who still lives with his mother.

The newspost at gameSHOUT is gone, and so is the thread at the forums...

I think I can safely say then we can call it bullshit. Not that there was any doubt in the matter at all, but yep. It's bull.

I've e-mailed Valve to see if they will deny it or not. I'd just want them to come out and say "No, Andy Hodges is lying" so I could then post news about it on the front page :)

Chris_D said:
I think I can safely say then we can call it bullshit. Not that there was any doubt in the matter at all, but yep. It's bull.

I've e-mailed Valve to see if they will deny it or not. I'd just want them to come out and say "No, Andy Hodges is lying" so I could then post news about it on the front page :)

Excellent.

Chris_D said:

Title of the newspost: 'Andy Hodges got owned.'

God bless Valve and curse those people who try to steal money from Valve!

Chris_D said:

I look forward to Valves reply :)

Tata Splodges :D

cadaveca said:

This is something that we want to talk about, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so why should a mod have to keep quiet?

Nobody cares about family friendly internets, now get back to the safety of AOLs parental controls.

I'm with you 15357, although I don't quite know what to do to boycott the site :/

Valve Software pays up big by giving a percentage of Steam royalties to *************.

*************, once the owner of Xbox360.com before it sold to Microsoft, Corp for leasing, has struck a deal with Valve Software, LLC.

************* has given up 4 domain names for Valve Software. These domain names include "SteamGames.com, SteamGames.net, SteamUsers.com, and SteamUsers.net".

"Our goal was not to settle out on domain names", says Andy Hodges, Excecutive Producer for GameSHOUT Radio. "Some people think that real estate on the internet is nothing. Or, are told that the space and domain is nothing." says Hodges. "Just buy what you feel and go with it. You never know, it may pay off."

Andy Hodges is the Executive Producer for GameSHOUT Radio (*******************) that is growing near 36 million listeners as of July 2006.

Hodges was asked about September details, he stated, "We are giving away 1 million dollars in a tournament on GameSHOUT Radio. This Tournament is unique and doesn't require a full-game download. Announcements will be made by Setember 6th. The reason for September 6th is, well, I'm going on vacation and will be back on Sept 4th.

http://*************/news/082005/article1104.htm

Chrismgratton said:
I was signed up here as Noir_deluxe, but that account for some reason is unusable. Either way, this is an issue that needs to be addressed by the gaming and Half-life community.

Andy Hodges has obviously lost his mind. Many of you may or may not have heard about the whole fiasco with the merger of Halflifesource.com and *************, but anyways, since that time, gameSHOUT had decided to take Valve to court over something involving one of the websites GS owns.

www.steamgames.com. Apparently due to the Bill statement, many people thought that this website was technical support for Valve, although I never interpreted it as such. Andy proposes he had to hire 30 more staff just to keep the website up and running, and to deal with all the people coming to the website for help. Shortly after the lawsuit for 25.5 million for damages was announced, it was subsequently announced that an agreement had been reached with Valve.

Apparently this is the agreement. Valve is giving a percentage of royalties from online Steam accounts to *************.

Andy Hodges, who was once the owner of Halflifesource.com has bitten the hand that feeds him. ************* was birthed from Halfliferadio... and this is how he repays the company that basically gave him a job (although indirectly)

************* obviously bought the mentioned web domains for the express purpose of using them for financial gain from Valve. He knew that online viewers would associate them with Valve Software and Steam, and thus knew that eventually Valve would want to buy them, to protect their name. Andy, and ************* in general is nothing but a website of waste and despair, full of shameful individuals with nothing more than money on their mind. They have no respect for the games industry, or the companies that produce them. They seem to forget that without these companies, they would have no job, no place in this world.

There is more about ************* however, which must be brought to light. There have been allegations of fraud in terms of member numbers on the website forums. Inflated figures, multiple user accounts, fake accounts etc.

At this time, there are 3454 members approx who have posted the ************* forums. Most of these are 1-3 posts. There are over 5000 members with NO POSTS AT ALL. In any case, this is odd, and I do not trust them at all.

I would sincerely hope that anyone who reads this decides to boycott *************

When trying to reach Andy for comment, all I got in response was, "we owned you, and you got nothing, we owned you!"

Oh and a bunch of this : " Right over your head! You got owned, you got nothing, we got everything."

Wow. For an administrator of a website, Andy Hodges sure is quite immature.
Just so you guys would know

Basically, it comes down to this :

Andy Hodges = Ghey.

My views do not reflect those of Halflife2.net.

So this actually isn't some stupid joke/scam? This domain squatter is actually getting money out of valve?

diluted said:
So this actually isn't some stupid joke/scam? This domain squatter is actually getting money out of valve?

No, hes telling everyone he did, because he thinks hes great.

Piss off hodges.

I don't deny that he may have got some money from Valve for the domains he has because SteamGames.com at least is now pointing towards SteamPowered.com.

What I strongly doubt though that he is getting any more than $100 for the domains, let alone $1 million... Why would Valve do it? Why should they? Halflife2.net has done more for the community than Half-Life Radio but you don't see us asking for millions of dollars.

Here's my reasons for the doubts:

a) He's clearly psychotic. He wrote a press release speaking about himself in the third person (apart from the last sentence).
b) He doesn't deserve that much
c) There's no evidence to back it up
d) The press releases have been deleted
e) He's got a long history of trying to increase his profile by inflating user counts.
f) He's a dick head.

I used to listen to halflife radio but this...its tsill intresting.

GO andy!

Some fansite/organisation you're running, Andy, if you're willing to leech Valve of their own money for some petty domain confusion. A real community player, huh? :rolleyes:
Chris_D said:
e) He's got a long history of trying to increase his profile by inflating user counts.
User counts, and now it seems radio listeners - 36 million sounds about right, mmhmm?
f) He's a dick head.
Allow me to place as much emphasis on this that is humanly possible.

f) is wrong, but I fear that people's eyes would be burned and their brains permanently affected by the language that I would use in its stead.

f) is wrong, but I fear that people's eyes would be burned and their brains permanently affected by the language that I would use in its stead.
Like "Garry"?

OMG WAUGH *sizzling noise*

this guy is such a delusional fool - if you want to know more about his asshattery just click this link --> HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back