Vehicles in CS:S?

BRODIEMAN2k4

Reaction score
As you know, alot of custom maps in regular CS have vehicles (Example: nipper maps)

Do you think map makers will be able to add vehicles to there custom maps when CS:S is released?

CS:S will probably require a little modding itself before the vehicles would be properly drivable but ya sure anybody who makes their own maps should be able to put in any vehicles they want.

Although it really wouldn't be counter-strike anymore if they do that though.

Imo they can leave the vehicles out... dont wanna play BF1942 :x

It would be fun to make a bumpercar themed map.
Someone really has to make an complete theme park with rides and boats and planes and stuff...once they finally gat HL² released...
Gonna be sweet

UnkY said:
Imo they can leave the vehicles out... dont wanna play BF1942 :x

This isnt something new. There have been cars and planes in CS for a long time. Like BRODIEMAN2k4 (nootch!) said try some of nippers maps.

Although it would be cool if the vehicles drive like they do in HL2 which seems to be just lke Far Cry.

The modders can put in the vehicles from half life 2 and just put new textures on them

Assuming the vehicle code from HL2 is in CS:S. It may not be.

i would give my left.....side of my keyboard...

for a dirtbike in the game... like u drive and can wheelie and ur buddy on the back can shoot off!..woah boners!

Assuming what ive heard about several possible improvements being left out of css since it "changes the gameplay" is true, theres no way in hell they would put drivable vehicles in.

I'm betting that the vehicle code will be implemented in CS:S so it should be easy. I hope it will be atleast.

Reaktor4 said:
Assuming what ive heard about several possible improvements being left out of css since it "changes the gameplay" is true, theres no way in hell they would put drivable vehicles in.

they definatly wont in official maps. custom maps will most likely support them though.

yes vehicles will be awsome in cs:s becuase they handle so well!! some people have already made flying vehicles with the stolen build. bombs away!

I remember playing cs_seige with a driveable APC.. hahah that made that map terrible to play

hey siege with the driveable APC was brilliant, really balanced it up for the CTs as you could rush in behind it. Assault needs a vehicle tbh.

siege apc was fun. it always ended up driving off the cliff though, but still, very fun :)

I'm sure there will be vehicle possibilities in CS:S, but I don't really care for vehicles in CS. BF1942 can take care of the driving .. I don't like that game ..

Back