Videogame Addict Clinic

I've played WoW from 8am till about 11pm once or twice (with breaks to eat and such) but when you got nothing to do its either that or watch TV/do some other random thing so i don't see it as a bad thing because the next day i can not play at all if i choose not to. I'm addicted but i've got it under control therefore i don't need professional help..yet !.

I think my /played on WoW is about 30 days total (12 of them was getting from 1 to 60) since january of this year so it isn't that bad and i know and most WoW players know often your just in a city afk which accounts for a couple days i'd say.

I can't see how someone could sit and play a FPS online DM (UT CS etc) game for past a couple hours at a time though.

Yeah, I totally agree with all of that. When I played WoW I was hardcore, and if I had a free day I'd play all day and possibly all night, same deal when I played Galaxies. And yeah, I took breaks, even my most hardcore gamer friends have the will to take breaks. I quit WoW because I ended up spending most of my nights with friends, so I could never raid, so level 60 endgame was sort of pointless.

And I agree also that playing any FPS out there for more than a few hours, unless you're chain-scrimming for whatever reason, sucks.

I've noticed I spend less time gaming and more time just hanging around forums and what not when using my PC. I used to spend ages gaming hell 20ish hours straight on FF8 back in the day, with breaks varying upto an hour long.

The problem with FPS is that as time goes on you start to play bad...but then you want to play better but just end up playing worse and getting really frustrasted.

Back