Vivendi has no say....

probably true, but he doesnt even include what the question was so he could have just asked him any old question where tha answer was valve

The question wasn't actually asked... in the box, it may have been out of the screen or in an old window, but I don't think you'll get a huge support of people believing you when it's just Erik saying "Valve".

I asked him 2 hours before then, and I had closed the window. E-mail Gabe or something. I really don't care if you don't believe me. If I really wanted to fake this I would have photoshopped it.

not really saying i dont beleive you, just saying in the future get better proof ;), because no doubt there will be loads of posts after mine saying it is fake.
good question tho :)

I hope so, would be another sprinkle of hope for 9/30

Originally posted by switch
not really saying i dont beleive you, just saying in the future get better proof ;), because no doubt there will be loads of posts after mine saying it is fake.
good question tho :)

No problem, I don't blame you. All you have is my word that I would never do such a stupid thing, as it would be so easy for someone to confirm it themselves with a e-mail to Gabe, or a question via Steam to Erik.

Does anyone know if Steam logs? I could get the log if there is one.

Yeah, sure Valve makes the decision. That really means nothing. Valve probably told Vivendi they needed more time, and now Vivendi is telling retailers.

This really doesn't prove anything. :p

Originally posted by Joneleth
Yeah, sure Valve makes the decision. That really means nothing. Valve probably told Vivendi they needed more time, and now Vivendi is telling retailers.

This really doesn't prove anything. :p

It proves what it is suppost to prove. Valve decides. So if it is delayed it is Valves fault, not Vivendies.

It proves what it is suppost to prove. Valve decides. So if it is delayed it is Valves fault, not Vivendies.

We should have all known that already...

Originally posted by Joneleth
We should have all known that already...

Should have, however people keep posting these silly Vivendi 'interviews' and 'pieces of info' when really they are not a trustworthy source at all....

Communal Toilet is.

Just because you don't know somebody doesn't mean they're a fake. There have been several threads created by people who claim to work for big companies who have been stating November, some could of been fake but either way they were all flamed by what I can only call.. idiots.

Communal Toilet has the backing of the staff here, if you still don't want to believe it then that's fine but the point I'm trying to make is that this guy IS a trusted source.

Originally posted by D33
Communal Toilet is.

Just because you don't know somebody doesn't mean they're a fake. There have been several threads created by people who claim to work for big companies who have been stating November, some could of been fake but either way they were all flamed by what I can only call.. idiots.

Communal Toilet has the backing of the staff here, if you still don't want to believe it then that's fine but the point I'm trying to make is that this guy IS a trusted source.

I think you misread my post. I was saying Vivendi isn't a trustworthy source. Look how much bs they have told us. Nov, dec, feb? I gave up listening to them heh. I never said anything about CT.

He's not questioning CT's correctness, he's questioning CT's SOURCE. As I stated in other thread, I believe CT is telling us what Viv. told him. However, I don't know if Viv. has a clue or if they're just making stuff up again. (Remember the previous "miscommunication"?)

I don't know how it comes, but the feeling HL2 will come out on 30th release date is higher and higher for me every day.

I think this will last till the 25th, when we still heard nothing.

Originally posted by Ahnteis
He's not questioning CT's correctness, he's questioning CT's SOURCE. As I stated in other thread, I believe CT is telling us what Viv. told him. However, I don't know if Viv. has a clue or if they're just making stuff up again. (Remember the previous "miscommunication"?)

Exactly.

This thread is gonna be a Riot when school lets out at 3:30...

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
I think you misread my post. I was saying Vivendi isn't a trustworthy source. Look how much bs they have told us. Nov, dec, feb? I gave up listening to them heh. I never said anything about CT.

Not about him not but you did make this comment, which is what I replied to.

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
Should have, however people keep posting these silly Vivendi 'interviews' and 'pieces of info' when really they are not a trustworthy source at all....

Originally posted by D33
Not about him not but you did make this comment, which is what I replied to.

I worded it wrong. I was referring to people posting rumors, from Vivendi, whereas Vivendi isn't a good source as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by GJaaGular
This thread is gonna be a Riot when school lets out at 3:30...

* [[LuCkY]] curls into a ball shaking with fear.

Lol, don't encourage it heh.

Originally posted by Abom|nation
The question wasn't actually asked... in the box, it may have been out of the screen or in an old window, but I don't think you'll get a huge support of people believing you when it's just Erik saying "Valve".

haha, so true.

Originally posted by coax
haha, so true.

Then don't believe it, I don't need this to turn into a flame war, if no one believes it they shouldn't post and let it fall to the bottom.

All I'm saying is, valve controls steam, and vivendi controls the packaged boxes.
I'm almost completely sure it's gonna be out via steam on the 30th, and if it's delayed, the boxed version is. So it'll be here either way.

Pick any question whose answer is "Valve", and then post Lucky's picture.

So no, not really convincing.

All I'm saying is, valve controls steam, and vivendi controls the packaged boxes.
I'm almost completely sure it's gonna be out via steam on the 30th, and if it's delayed, the boxed version is. So it'll be here either way.

Like I said in other posts. Don't you think Valve prepared for the distributer pulling funny stuff? Valve knows it will sell millions, If I were them I would have made the contract so that is Vivendi couldn't fufill their duties they would be removed and find another publisher.

But thats just me, I don't own a multimillion dollar gaming corporation ;)

Originally posted by TripleDES
Pick any question whose answer is "Valve", and then post Lucky's picture.

So no, not really convincing.

What is 'convincing' nowadays. I don't trust much of anything anymore, I've seen what Photoshop can do. And even the 'e-mails to valve' is dodgy. All it is, is text, they could be faked easily. So the question you have to ask yourself is, what can you believe?

Sure. But how much has valve actually said to the community about the release date, and how it's distributed?
Has he actually said "the boxed version will be out the 30th, if all goes after plan".
Maybe he just aimed for a steam release, and vivendi could do whatever they wanted.

Not whatever, but I dunno.

Vivendi don't have as much influence over Valve as a publisher normally would've. They're in a partnership.

Valve is in control, here.

Sure. But how much has valve actually said to the community about the release date, and how it's distributed?
Has he actually said "the boxed version will be out the 30th, if all goes after plan".
Maybe he just aimed for a steam release, and vivendi could do whatever they wanted.

Not whatever, but I dunno.

Heres how I see it. Valve said Sept. 30th. They haven't changed the date once. So until Valve says something different I have no reason to believe otherwise. But, who knows, maybe they'll hold off until the holidays....

$_$

Valve stated that both the RETAIL BOXED and STEAM versions will be available TOGETHER on 9/30!!!

Yeah, I don't even have the computer to run it yet.. But if I get it before the 30th, I will also get my hopes up alot more than I do now.

Right now, it's more "ok whatever, then I have time to upgrade"

Originally posted by Goombatommy
Valve stated that both the RETAIL BOXED and STEAM versions will be available TOGETHER on 9/30!!!

Got a link or something? I'd like to see it.

Christ man, search the forums, im sure there have been threads posted on this.

Ok, but I meant more like.. Proof, and not some regular just guessing on something.

I think the problem is, Valve said it once, and never opened their mouths again, and for some reason this isn't good enough for people. Perhaps they want a statement from Valve on a weekly basis :) hehe

What's the whole point of holding off til the holidays anyways? you will still get as many sales, moreso even cause of more time its been out. Also, people will STILL buy half-life 2 at holiday time, but the thing is, there are always holiday 'sales', so sure they get more volume, but they get less buck each :-P

I think holding things back until the holiday seasons is lame from both a buisness and customer standpoint :)

Longer half-life 2 is out, more it will sell. If they dont get it NOW, they WILL get it come christmas time, or they probably wont get it at all :-P

When Half-Life 2 was first announced, Gabe confirmed to at least a dozen different print publications and gaming sites that yes indeed, Half-Life 2 really was scheduled for a September 30 release. Then rumor of the delay surfaced and he simply didn't say anything at all (apart from "First I've heard of it" followed shortly by "No comment.") Vivendi was very quick to retract the delay rumor, chalking it up to a "miscommunication" and reaffirming that Half-Life 2 was on track for September 30. Then at the recent ECTS, Valve's Doug Lombardi once again pegged September 30 as the release date.

I'm not sure how many more times Valve needs to say it before people start believing, but Valve's silence could be based on nothing more than frustration with people refusing to believe them.

Originally posted by Mountain Man
When Half-Life 2 was first announced, Gabe confirmed to at least a dozen different print publications and gaming sites that yes indeed, Half-Life 2 really was scheduled for a September 30 release. Then rumor of the delay surfaced and he simply didn't say anything at all (apart from "First I've heard of it" followed shortly by "No comment.") Vivendi was very quick to retract the delay rumor, chalking it up to a "miscommunication" and reaffirming that Half-Life 2 was on track for September 30. Then at the recent ECTS, Valve's Doug Lombardi once again pegged September 30 as the release date.

I'm not sure how many more times Valve needs to say it before people start believing, but Valve's silence could be based on nothing more than frustration with people refusing to believe them.

Because people need something to argue/flame about. As long as there are people to keep these rumors alive, there will be people that will believe them.

I think this. Valve should make one last announcement about the relase date sometime this week - about it coming out on 9/30, and then the rest of the community can SHUTUP and see what the game has to offer come 9/30. As in let Valve answer that one last question, then let them finish the job.

Back