W. T. F. (Fileplanet)

Prinve of Space there is nothing Illegal about having it from somewhere else........ they took the first one off for DL because too many people were pounding the Steam servers at one time so they did it to try and stop more new users..... theyve since released 2.0 and nothings been said about it being subscribers only.

Kam

Originally posted by Kamakazie
**** sake some of you guys.....
A) Are Stupid
B) Cant Read
C) Are extremely stupid........

if you looked that steam oniked to the 2.0 BETA version.
you DONT have to pay for steam..... you will noly ahve to pay for retail games that you DL on it. why dont people ****ing look and read before making stupid posts and stupid comments.

Kam

it doesnt matter thats its free, until its officially launched BY valve, anyone who has it obtained it illegally.

HOWEVER, since so many people did nick it, i think valve unofficially considered steam launched

It's just an exclusive download, calm down.

ffs don't you people read what I ****ing write!? it seriously getting annoying with people twisting my words.

as I started of by saying...then it's no different from the fileplanet deal.

I'm sorry xtasy I got you mixed up with the people who got the leaked steam....but my reply was as much a reply to the other post in this thread not just yours. and it was only my first line that was pertaining the quote. the rest was another segment of my post and wasn't reffering to the quote.

Originally posted by SD1
it doesnt matter thats its free, until its officially launched BY valve, anyone who has it obtained it illegally.

HOWEVER, since so many people did nick it, i think valve unofficially considered steam launched

so you're saying fileshack is lying, and they havent had steam available for like more than half a year in cooperation with valve? they just stole a copy of steam and made up that banner to lure subscribers, and valve hasnt done anything about asking them to remove the "in cooperation with valve software" at all? ..erm, i find that hard to believe.

I got steam right from their publicly viewable website. I had no idea it was supposed to be special or limited or whatever: it's just a beta.

Originally posted by Kamakazie
Prinve of Space there is nothing Illegal about having it from somewhere else........ they took the first one off for DL because too many people were pounding the Steam servers at one time so they did it to try and stop more new users..... theyve since released 2.0 and nothings been said about it being subscribers only.

Kam

because too many PEOPLE THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAVE STEAM that is!

that's what I said...they stopped the beta-tester request because, when steam got leaked the servers got overloaded, unable to work properly....so they stopped request for beta testers. but the servers only got overloaded because people got hold off the leaked version...effectively destroying the purpose of having LIMITED beta-testing. it was supposed to be limited so that they were sure the servers could handle the load, so that they could effectively test STEAM. for other stuff. although Valve may now take advantage of the many people using steam for bug squashing....to start of it got in the way since the overload of the servers, made STEAM not working "properly" at all in the first place.

the steam on fileplanet is identical to one i downloaded off another website weeks and weeks ago.

Guys, calm down

breathe in

breathe out

we will get our stuff, we will get high again.
just be patient my dear

Well I got it back in january of the steampowered.com website. There was a list of mirrors for a short time and you could download it. Seems pretty legal to me.

Originally posted by flox
Well I got it back in january of the steampowered.com website. There was a list of mirrors for a short time and you could download it. Seems pretty legal to me.

Same here, but I had the exe parked in my download folder until less than a month, back in Jaunary I installed it but I couln't get a ticket. And if I remember correctly, it was a public release, but they weren't expecting so many people to download it (basically all the CS community tried to get it at the same time). It was a bandwitdth misscalculation, a few days later they were asking for content delivery partners on they page. Now the Steam network run fine.

Ill send it to you if you need it, its only 4 megs

The one on fileplanet is 673.6KB with the filename steam_2_beta_gsi.exe

Originally posted by flox

plz read what I'm saying...

Originally posted by StormCyko
The one on fileplanet is 673.6KB with the filename steam_2_beta_gsi.exe

Is probably an old version, it will get bigger when you update it :)

Valve says they are gonna use Steam to put out media. How is this going to work? Steam is used to play games, is it going to download this stuff for you, or is it POSSIBLY a demo that you play on Steam (though I doubt it)?

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
Steam is not used to play games....it's a content delivery platform.

At the minute it is used to play games. You cant start any of the games without using the steam program. If there is a way let me know.

k didn't know that...so I rephrase my statement to:

steam is not only used to play games...it's a content delivery platform.

Back