Was Portal a success?

Portal a success?

• This was a triumph

Votes: 67 97.1%
  • I wish I'd got burned instead

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Man i remember watching the Portal trailer/demo when it was first released, i thought that looks 'cool'. Oh how wrong was I, I didnt grasp how awesome it was actually going to be/is!

Huge success to me.

As others have said: I, too, went in with so-so to no expectations, but in the end it was my favorite game in the "Orange Box."

Only changes I would make is make it longer (which is pretty much everyone's opinion) and I would have limited the "learning/training" levels at the start. It's an easy concept to grasp so I didn't think they needed that many "easy" levels.

I think the best way to put it is how yatzee put it (as close as can remember):

"Ok, I know its not very fashinable to like a game, but **** YOU, portals great, and anyone who dosen't think so must be stupid."

There is NO DOUBT that it is going to win UNDISPUTED innovative game of 2007 with its superb gameplay. But what I loved most about Portal is its atmosphere & STORY & characters. They are extremely MINIMAL but GR8.
Characters > Chell, GLADoS, Aperture Science Weighted Companion Cube
Story > All the bluffing & cake
Dialogue > Funniest & innovative
Atmosphere > Lonely

one of the best, most innovative games that i have ever played.

wish it was longer though...

This was a triumph.

I agree with the general opinion that portal was the best game that popped out of the orange box. I loved the great puzzles and I was surprised to find that it actually came with a storyline.

I can't wait for EP3 to involve aspects of portal and maybe one day there will be a portal 2?

Back