Was the Nihilanth a human being?

Brian Damage said:
Well, there's the obviously added third arm, the odd skin tone, the amputated lower legs, the face that looks (to me) like a mutilated human's...

[EDIT]: W00T! Post Number Six Thousand!

Now, who wants to get drunk with me?
your count reads 5,999

Hah, c'mon now. I don't think anyone's saying that Nihilanth IS human. I certainly am not.

This is about Nihilanth having human biological elements.

SimonomiS said:
6000? says Posts: 5,999 to me.

Anyway on topic. Im not too sure, but all the clues seem to point to it being human, im just totally dumbstruck by the metal thing. "Floaters" in X-Com were controlled by something else though, whereas we were led to believe that Nihilanth is the "Leader" of Xen.

Hehe, maybe he had a post deleted. :p

As for the Floaters comparison it doesn't seem that releavant, just because one fictional species with a mechanical anit-grav unit were subservient to another doesn't mean a different fictional species has to be. :)

those screens are terrifying in their shitness, imagine what could have been...

Nihilanth ain't no gawd dang human. He does seem to be assembled though and has alien slave additions possible trapping him. Maybe HL2 will shed some light.

Maybe he assembled......himself?
Weirdo's in films usually do that don't they. To make themeselves superhuman they'll cut off a few limbs and attach a load of crap on...

it looks like something that came out of my butt after i ate those bad enchiladas.

Okaaaaay... Thank you everyone that pointed out that my postcount was at 6000 - 1...

I had a post count of 6000 when I last posted... I suspect either deletion of a post for some reason, or mod cheekiness...

Here's to 6000 posts... I hope...

On topic, I reckon Nihilanth might perhaps have been the end result of a genetics experiment using human DNA. Or something.

I wonder if he needs that thing that could be an antigrav device because he'd be too heavy without it?

The gravity thing is interesting because if he is assembled and some fake God they would put that in so the controllers associate with him, maybe the Nihilanth was just not from Xen, doesn't have to be human as well.

I think that he maybe was an early combine experiment, that went wrong and he?(or maybe she?) had some kind of radioactive accident and became a mutation, grew larger, could fire balls of energy at his enemies, open his own skull and so on.

And now in HL2, decades later, the Combine project is finished and successful, and the world is once a terrible place.

Conclusion:
The Nihilanth was once a human.

They either stick with the events of HL1 in full detail (black mesa, Nihilanth) or they take the best bits from the game and create an all new storyline.

I'm hoping for the new storyline tbh.

Yeah they better explain all this shit.

Edit: Strange.. the forum blocks **** but not shit.

Shit****. ****shit.

Well I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed they don't keep refering back to Xen and the Nihilanth to much then.

Hope HL2 doesn't turn in to some Buffy episode where he keeps being ressurrected every 5 minutes.
Plz don't let him be the endboss.......Is he Merc?

Yes, he is Mercutio, of Romeo AND Juliet fame. See, he was once human after all.

As for having a large anti-gravity device strapped to his arse, that's certainly what it looks like to me. If I believe that Nihilanth was in any way related to the combine then I might suggest the anti-gravity device may be a forunner of the Manipulator. But I don't, so I won't. Nihilanth does not seem to look anythign like the Combine stuff and anyway, why woudl part of the combine be the supreme ruler of Xen? Yes, maybe he escaped or something. I seriously think the most plausible explanation is that the Controllers built him.

he was about as human as a grapefruit. I think he looks like a potato coverd in crap with metal chunks on the bottom.

Think of the makers. They did not plan everything out so elaborately. They could not have detailed it to such extent or have EVERYTHING that was going to happen mapped out, since they had not even started work on it at the time. Think of the logic.

I just read this, but I'm sure that all of you probably know this, but for those who don't, the crystals that protect it are the same crystals that were in the sample that started it all in the beginning.

I think he's combine, he kinda has the same look (color and skin texture) of a strider/gunship and has some mechanical crap comin' out the bottom.

everyone has seen the third arm on his chest, right? well, all the alien slaves have the same thing. plus, the collar and bracers are probably to shock them if they run away, and Nihilanth has one of those bracers to. he seems like a puppet leader to me(if he even is the leader).

ehh.. I thought the combine was a result of what happened at BMRF, not something that was from the time before BMRF.

Like, Breen made a combine of human and alien tech. to fight them.

As Gabe Newell says, (Dr.Breen and Dr.Kleiner) one of them is wrong, the other one is spectacularly wrong. (Yes, my english suxx)

Combine is however humans, with their equipment similar to aliens. see the old concept art(you can see the hair, in the back of the gasmask)

As for Nihi. talking, he uses telep... damnit, cant remember how to write it, so what he says comes up in your head. like the way that he uses your brain, to create his tele(whaevah) in to our language. So that it doesnt matter what language you use.

And dont whine about my english :p

Isn't Nihilanth the leader of Xen? Why would he be human?

The thread isnt about NIhilanth being human, it's about him possibly having been a human. I personally do not think he ever has been, but i do think it is more likely that he is made up of some human genes, along with recombinant DNA.

As for Nihilanth being telepathic.. well, we still use a language even if it is in our minds. A french man and an english man would be able to communicate, but they wouldnt be able to discuss or anything. Nothing like "you will all die". Telepathy between people of different languages would be more about emotions and memories. Basically, telepathy would be the ability to communicate feelings and emotions and words/language, but the words and language would have to be learnt by the one who doesnt understand it.

The_Monkey said:
Isn't Nihilanth the leader of Xen? Why would he be human?

I'm not sure whether Nihilanth was the leader of Xen, because he just looked like a big-ass slave to me. He had the same attire as the Vortigaunts after all.

Ain't no way in hell NIhilanth's a human. But then again, depends on how you define, 'human'.

That's something I wonder about a lot. There's the usual term "Human", which refers to something biologically/genetically human, and then there's the sci-fi/philosophical "Human", which means basically "Any sentient, intelligent living being we can identify with"...

well him being telepathic, for game reasons, u cant state the feeling "you all die" but i think u can feel it in ur head... by th ewy, maybe this has somthing to do when he says "..must never learn the truth" when he teleports u

we wil NEVER know for sure. half-life 2 will not tell us what he was, and valve will never tell us. and for some reason we will talk about what he was until the day we die :p.

Viking Kitty said:
we wil NEVER know for sure. half-life 2 will not tell us what he was, and valve will never tell us.
How do you know that? :frog:

the same way i know that the "g-man is gordon" idea is garbage. its called common sense:cheers:.

Viking Kitty said:
the same way i know that the "g-man is gordon" idea is garbage. its called common sense:cheers:.
Completely different situations. It's one thing to say what you think will/won't happen in a plot, but 'common sense' can't tell you what information Valve might release.
There's been talk about the 'half-life bible' which Marc has - part of that explaining the Nihilanth etc. could easily be released, and there's no reason to think that it wouldn't. Common sense tells me that there's a good chance we will learn more about this subject, either in one of the games or as part of the 'bible'.

Nihilanth are girls for "Mrs. Beauty Pajent"
Can't you tell with there sexy niples? And sexy everything..ohh i could ********** to them right now!

Minerel...uh..please put your helmet back on, we don't want you bumping your noggin and spewing out some senseless sentences...anymore.. :p

The Nihilanth has also got bloaty head syndrome. A rocket will sure cure that ailment

nihilanth is gordons father . . . they have the same expression in their eyes .
(that to your "nihilant is a human being" theory ,it just doesnt make sense!)

ahhh theme hospital is a classic, superb game... hmm, what about a theme hospital HL2 Mod, where u go around curing people :eek: how kool !
*gets to work on mod* The nihilianth can be the Ultimate Bloaty Head Boss ! wooo!

eber said:
nihilanth is gordons father . . . they have the same expression in their eyes .
(that to your "nihilant is a human being" theory ,it just doesnt make sense!)

thats not my theory ._.

am i the only who thinks its just computer code that valve made?

Back