water help please

POWDERKEG

Reaction score
ok i know the title seems a little stupid but i need help with my water when i run my map i get this in the compile box

fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
**** leaked ****
Entity func_door_rotating (775.00 -6.00 -334.50) leaked!
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
Creating default cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox sky_wasteland02...
Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Finding displacement neighbors...
Finding lightmap sample positions...
Displacement Alpha : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Building Physics collision data...
done (0) (17405 bytes)
Emitting linux collision data (use -nolinuxdata to disable).
Building Physics collision data...
done (0) (17405 bytes)
Placing detail props : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Water found with no water_lod_control entity, creating a default one.
Writing C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\poolroom.bsp
2 seconds elapsed
Memory leak: mempool blocks left in memory: 48
Memory leak: mempool blocks left in memory: 3

i am not worried about the doors leaking because im bringin everything from this into a different map, but i build a block for water, and add the nodraw tool texture to it, then i add water to the top face of the block.....which is what im supposed to do, it looks fine. but when i run my map everything goes to hell and the top of the water doesnt show up i just get a massive leak but when i go in the water crouch and look up, everything is fine please help me figure out why this is happening

You have a leak in your map so water wont work you need to load a pointfile to find the leak http://www.snarkpit.com/editing.php?page=tutorials&id=139 (A link to a tutorial to help with the leak) Since you dont care about the leak I would try the water in a new level. Make sure to enclose the water in skybox and add a cubemap to it for proper reflections. Also make sure the box of water has a something below it or else you will just fall through it.

... As he said, it doesn't work as it should because it leaks, no matter if it won't matter later it does matter now.

the water doesnt leak and now it works because i figured it out....oh and i guess i can check out that link now....i added a skybox to fix the other leak with the door

Back