water monster

You can killed the icythasour or whatever its name is, i did many times in hl1

Originally posted by Tarkus
the fist time i saw that "fishy" i clsed my eyes and exited the game..
i got this underwater fobia in a game of star wars for n64.. can't really remember the name of it, but it was a HUGE multi headed monster that filled a hole freaking room!! it looked so bad and monster like that i could almost smell it although it was just a game:eek:

coulda been SW:Shadows of the Empire. that was a really cool N64 SW game, like the only other one except rouge squadron (pod racer and that other one dont count as games, they were crap)

anyway there have been a few games where i was going crazy over the water. i know in serious sam there were attack fishes in about 2 places in the game, but they made these really scary noises and didnt expect where they would come from. also i think the n64 zelda games had some scary things in the water, but i could be wrong. turok also had somthing in the water, those cave thingys at first and then bigger stuff later. oh, and defenetly banjo kazooie. i had to swim and jump so the sharks and stuff wouldnt get me. last game i can think of was mario 64. that had a few water levels and jeez, those eels and that huge fish always freak me out. if you want scary water stuff, just look on the N64.

Originally posted by Deadline
Hey, I was thinking about these ichysaurs and I was wondering why we never saw a dead one on land or anything. I am guessing they teleport into the world just like any other alien... but they always seemed to land in the water? Ehhh its just a game I guess :p :dozey:

A lot of the aliens in HL1 didn't transport in randomly...they were brought in for experiments. That's why the icthysaurs are in tanks, that's why the tentacle was in that conveniant room, why the alien grunts were in those glass chambers, etc etc.

i love love loved pod racer on n64! whats wrong wit you

... you guys actually killed the icyosours or whatever.. i ran =D

There is a bit near the beginning of blue-shift where you are in a lift and it begins to drop uncontrollably (with 2 scientists in it too!). This part actually caused me to cringe in anticipation of the smash at the bottom of the shaft. Never had that before, hope HL2 has some moments like that.

Also don't you think it would be cool to have some water creature made entirely out of water, or it just looks like it is. Remember in the tech demo where they have the character made out of water, that would be so cool, and it would be difficult to see and it could rise out of the water etc. I can just imagine what a predators camouflage would look like with DX9 9800 effects!:eek:

they were hydras, and I was rather disappointed in them actually... now only if the creature from HL1 (the 3 tentacle thing) took its place, but, meh, one small thing wont stop me from loving the game

I had a cool thought, if the assasins, (whatever they are now) can have a stealth abbility that sorta used the water effect, just a thought heh.

Originally posted by MrWhite
they were hydras, and I was rather disappointed in them actually... now only if the creature from HL1 (the 3 tentacle thing) took its place, but, meh, one small thing wont stop me from loving the game

Nooooo, i meant teh tech demo, the one where he manipulates the camara with the g-man, and shoots them barrels that fall through the pegs on the wall. It shows a human character made out of water with fire around him, and gabez0r said it would actually make a splash when you shot him!!111!

Originally posted by HeNdRiX
We all remember the old water monster from Half-Life that we killed with the crossbow, but will there be a knew underwater creature for HL2?

In one of the interviews with Gabe, he is asked about what they are planning to do about people swimming endlessly in the sea. He replies "Say hello to my little ichthyosaur ;-)"

Does this mean that there will be a huge, dinosaur like creature that is ready to kill you in the sea, or maybe he is talking of the hydra, because not much is known of it, and it may be made of water.
used the shotgun ;)

used the shotgun

Shotguns didnt work underwater

Nooooo, i meant teh tech demo, the one where he manipulates the camara with the g-man, and shoots them barrels that fall through the pegs on the wall. It shows a human character made out of water with fire around him, and gabez0r said it would actually make a splash when you shot him!!111!

Ohhh okay, my bad

Man this game has so many possiblities... I cant wait for the MODs let alone the singleplayer :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by MrWhite
Shotguns didnt work underwater
That's why it takes 10 minutes to kill him whenever you see him at the surface:x

I used the crowbar. Just swim up to it and swing. IF your lucky, you'll kill it before it turns around to attack you. Also, its much faster than using the punyass lil handgun which is only used to kill headcrabs and blow up explosives.

Originally posted by harhar
I used the crowbar. Just swim up to it and swing. IF your lucky, you'll kill it before it turns around to attack you. Also, its much faster than using the punyass lil handgun which is only used to kill headcrabs and blow up explosives.
used shotgun for crabs too

saved handgun ammo for the semi

Back