water

tobbe_slayer

Reaction score
i cant get my water to work :(
when iam in the water evrything is right...but when i look at the top of the water it looks like ...hmmm nothing you know like when there is no skybox on your map.. wtf is wrong?
--------------------------------------------
one more propblem... is it possible to get the water to "run" out of a cloak... sorry for the word "run" but cant find the right word for it i hope you understand

hmm do you have something like no draw on the other sides of your water brush

Not to state the obvious, but clearly everything isn't right if it doesn't work... Make sure you have a valid water texture on the top side, and NODRAW on all other sides. Also make sure it isn't an entity.

eAi said:
Not to state the obvious, but clearly everything isn't right if it doesn't work... Make sure you have a valid water texture on the top side, and NODRAW on all other sides. Also make sure it isn't an entity.

k what is a valid water texture how do i know?

when your in the texture browser filter for Water pretty much any of those blueish looking ones works. Did you try to hollow it? and use no draw on other faces

also, if u have a leak in your map try going, map-load pointfile. the red line will end where there is a leak, check around that point and see if u can find anywhere u can see the blackness around the map.
hope that helps,
G Man

Create a brush.
Put the texture liquids/aztecwater (CS:S texture) on the top
Put the texture "NODRAW" on every other side (i.e. 5 sides).
Create a water_lod_control entity anywhere
Set "Start transition to cheap water" to 1000
Set "End transition to cheap water" to 2000
Add an env_cubemap entity 16-32 units above the water's surface.

Water may appear strange when compiled if you don't run at least fast VIS and fast RAD.

Read http://www.valve-erc.com/srcsdk/Levels/water.html for information on adding water. Read http://www.valve-erc.com/srcsdk/Levels/cubemaps.htm for information on cube maps.

Back