We Are Now In Single Digits Until Hl2 Is Bug Free!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
holydays over on the 4th -.-

KagePrototype said:
Because Half-Life's first RC was accepted as well. I guess people are expecting history to repeat itself.

It has so far...(exept for the source leak)

but they did it with half life 1 when they were a brand new company making their first game, now they are highly experinced, i believe they can do it again.
What makes you think experience has anything to do with have RC's accepted? All manner of things can screw it up - like compatability issues that Valve haven't come across for instance.

dont count on anything Valve say.
however Doom3 comes out in 6 days, countdown for that.

Dagobert said:
What makes you think experience has anything to do with have RC's accepted? All manner of things can screw it up - like compatability issues that Valve haven't come across for instance.

Because if you truely are experienced compatability issues should not be an issue at all.

Screw nastolgia. I don't want to see last years release date with 04 tagged on. Or a HL1 RD. It's Hl2 it's new and it's needed as soon as possible.

Heh, over at PlanetH-L or HL2C they had a countdown for September 30.

Look where we're now. :p

|_HeLL_| said:
My two cents:

1. 9th august: Valve sends RC to Vivendi <-- three days spent in final annoying bugs
2. 13th august: Vivendi finds bugs and report to Valve. Valve get the first CS:S beta bug reports not from CS:S itself but the source engine with a few rare hardware combos.
3. 20th august: CS:S got hacked on steam
4. 25th august: Valve sends RC2 to Vivendi, after fixing the Vivendi's reported bugs, a few critical bugs from CS:S public test, and the hack.
5. 5th september: Vivendi signs RC2 as Gold and sends to duplicators.
6. 23nd september: HL2 hits stores and steam.

I actually find this to be one of the more realistic scenarios I've seen.

jeez, why dont they just send it off to go gold an ready for publishing and in the meantime create a patch that will come out the same day as the game!?!?! i think it sounds like a better plan.

galoot3000 said:
jeez, why dont they just send it off to go gold an ready for publishing and in the meantime create a patch that will come out the same day as the game!?!?! i think it sounds like a better plan.

See user experience with Tribes 2.

this reminds me of waiting for halo pc to come out...on their site they had an actualy amount of bugs to be fixed before released..waiting all those days, watching it go from 176 to 0..

oldagerocker said:
1 day until my 18th Birthday
:cheers:

A much better countdown in my opinion :bounce:

1 day until my 17th Birthday! Thats pretty wierd. :rolling:

My 17th birthday is september 29th talk about hitting the release date on the spot

JackKerouac... get your parents and friends to buy you a new pc and Half-life 2 collectors edition... that way, everybody wins!

Ah, many a celebration for birthdays tomorrow then... :) Soon as im 18 im opening a Ebay account !
to stay on topic : hopefully the bugs will be all gone very soon... and valve will ensure a swift release, they are just as desperate to get this game out to teh masses as we are to recieve it.

We must have pie!

I can slightly belive this RC will be the only and last RC...

but it is Valve...

therefor we must have pie!

Would be sweet if it's released on September 18th :thumbs: My birthday :p

wonkers said:
Some arrogant prick thinks he's so cool, like, look at me attack authority.

very similar to someone who pirates halflife2

Ok, how about everyone stop using steam, and stop emailing, we should have the game by the end of the month!

:(

RotorHead said:
:x

:cheers:

:x

You know you can also use your hands when you want to post something, use words, try to make a full sentence... give it a try it's not that hard. Sheesh.

And hopefully in 9 days when HL2 reaches 0 bugs we'll get an announcement from the big cheese over at Valve.

bate18 said:
optimism never hurt anybody

It can if you're optimistic over something, and then that something doesn't happen or doesn't go as you had hoped.

It's funny how you think it'll be bug free when it's released.

Bug free? Bug FREE? 100% no bugs, not 1 at all anywhere?

I highly doubt it.

mdpeaco said:
It's funny how you think it'll be bug free when it's released.

Bug free? Bug FREE? 100% no bugs, not 1 at all anywhere?

I highly doubt it.

when valve is talking about getting down to 0 bugs in order to send out a release candidate, they are talking 0 "known" bugs. of course there's going to be some stuff that'll pop up after release but for now the main concern is reducing the known bugs to 0 in order to go gold.

They make sure that all "showstopper" bugs are going, and most annoying ones that they know of...Then they send it off to VU so they can test it to see if there is any annoying bugs left..and they fix those and keep doing the process till VU is happy.

How can this useless topic already be 5 pages long? :|

^Ben said:
Please only 1 RC pleaseeeeeee!

if valve are clever about this, and know that the fans are already peeved about the delay, they should of tested the s*** out of it so its almost perfect.

so yes please in with 1 RC , cross fingure's.

Half-Life 1 made it on the first i believe, Condition Zero was returned at least once, so who knows, im sure they have been rigerously checking for new errors, fingers crossed.

CZ Wasn't made by Valve so hopefully :D

1 RC!"!!!!

Back