We have found a colony planet for when we inevitably leave the earth a lifeless husk

I have no clue. I wasn't entirely serious with my post anyway since our global warming isn't going to be anywhere near the extremes of that planet. I'm sure we'd have technology to withstand those types of temperatures and survive there, albeit a harsh existence.
Oh I wasn't serious either, just having some fun, and considering the possibilities. By the way I AM NOT ZOMBIETURTLE01111!! :stare:
lol. Hollywood science.
"space germs" would have no way of harming us. A bacteria or virus has to evolve in order to be pathogenic to a species - otherwise all diseases on earth would be able to infect all species. This clearly isn't the case. So why would space germs be able to infect us better than, say, bluetongue disease?
Good to know, thanks for the explanation. That's actually pretty good then!

Oh I wasn't serious either, just having some fun, and considering the possibilities. By the way I AM NOT ZOMBIETURTLE01111!! :stare:

God dammit...

I am sooooo sorry. LOL.

When I quoted that post, I was trying to remember who it was I quoted, because I just copied the text rather than actually quoted and cut out the rest. So I added the name zombieturtle because I remembered the avatar.

And as I told you before... that avatar you have for some reason keeps screaming zombieturtle to me. Not because it looks like a zombieturtle or anything, it's just that I think it's very similar to his avatar that he has had in a way.

I had no trouble confusing you before that avatar! :cheese:

Once again, apologies.

Yeah, I know, I'm observant. I still think the Santa hat is covering your eyes a bit. NP Raz.

<:

I don't know if the empire is going to like this discovery. I will report this serious news to my leaders. We may be at war Sunday lunch time.

Have fun weighing something like 6x your normal weight.
Are you implying that a planet's gravitational force is always proportional/relative to it's mass? Well, being that the article said the planet was 6x the size of Earth that's what I assumed.

While we're on this subject, there's a astronomy question that boggles me. How come days on gas giants are shorter than on smaller terrestrial planets? You'd think they'd be longer.

Not the same object but the principal is the same:

20091218.gif

Amusing comic is amusing.

Are you implying that a planet's gravitational force is always proportional/relative to it's mass? Well, being that the article said the planet was 6x the size of Earth that's what I assumed.
If you bothered to check wikipedia you'll see that it states the surface gravity for GJ 1214b is 0.91g. That's far closer to our own than, say, Mars.

Are you implying that a planet's gravitational force is always proportional/relative to it's mass?

Gravity is determined by mass and distance, so yes.

Apparently this planet is only like .9 earth's gravity, so I'm guessing that while it's is far larger than Earth it is also far less dense (has less mass). (size != mass)

Back