Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SupaKoopa said:
con·done P Pronunciation Key (kn-dn)
tr.v. con·doned, con·don·ing, con·dones
To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure. See Synonyms at forgive.

I think the word you're looking for is "denounced."

Sorry to be the grammar police, but it annoys me to no end.

Off topic and irrelevant. Too bad if it annoys, its a forum. If you want to play grammar police hop into your patrol car and chase down the chat room escapees polluting posts with "u" and "y" and such as that.

I think it's Gordon lol.
No, I think it's......
well.....i'll leave that for later..

Do ya wanna know what I think? Do ya? Huh? No? Well, too bad. I think it's the voice of Teh leet crowbarzor one and only Gordon Freeman. That's right. I listened to the thing, and while it does sound similar to G-man, it just doesn't fit. All I know is, it doesn't sound perfectly like G-man, and if I were to imagine an epic Half-Life moment, I would give Gordon just ONE little one liner, short, powerfull, saying so much with so little four word sentence. Like Gordon is tired of being manipulated and pushed aside in conversation. I'm serious, that would be good. I would pay the actor's fee of ten dollars so someone with a cool voice could come in and say one line myself. Thik about it.

The first time I heard this I knew it was the G-Man. I was surprised to see there was actually a debate. The pacing and everything.

And when has HL2 world condoned the leak? Warez and piracy are banned there, they just don't pretend the leak never happened and ostracize anyone for speaking it thinking even after the finished game is out it'll spoil things. cough....like here...cough.

okay i think we have established that its G

i wanna know what the hell it means. i think mossman refused to sleep with him again and will now alter teh universe to make sure that she does.

p.s. whoever thought it was breen is uber noob

Thatguy25 said:
Do ya wanna know what I think? Do ya? Huh? No? Well, too bad. I think it's the voice of Teh leet crowbarzor one and only Gordon Freeman. That's right. I listened to the thing, and while it does sound similar to G-man, it just doesn't fit. All I know is, it doesn't sound perfectly like G-man, and if I were to imagine an epic Half-Life moment, I would give Gordon just ONE little one liner, short, powerfull, saying so much with so little four word sentence. Like Gordon is tired of being manipulated and pushed aside in conversation. I'm serious, that would be good. I would pay the actor's fee of ten dollars so someone with a cool voice could come in and say one line myself. Thik about it.

You know what? I actually agree with you. It would be very cool if Gordon said something. but he wont so, we might aswell forget about it.

That's not Gordon, or Breen, or Captain frikkin' Underpants.

It's the G-Man. Get over yourselves, or get a hearing-aid.

I think it sounds too deep to be the G-man.

Besides, what happened to the stuttery, wheezy quality of his voice?

I suppose he could just be seriously p*ssed off about something, which the words being said would suggest...

Hunter_8472 said:

I suppose he could just be seriously p*ssed off about something, which the words being said would suggest...

Listen to it again! The pauses and the tone.

Gabe even confirmed it FFS.

Did someone post news of Gabe's confirmation on pages 2 or 3 of this thread? Cuz I didn't bother reading those.

As to the voice, after listening to it more times, the Gmanyness of it is growing on me.

Hunter_8472 said:
Did someone post news of Gabe's confirmation on pages 2 or 3 of this thread? Cuz I didn't bother reading those.

As to the voice, after listening to it more times, the Gmanyness of it is growing on me.

1st page!

Its The Man!

edit: im evil...post wise, thats pretty cool, now i have to go around and say that im evil...but if i do that then i wont be evil anymore, im stuck between a rock and a hard place

Hunter_8472 said:
Stuttery? Wheezy?
He seems perfectly normal to me, just needs to clear his throat every now and then.

God dammit. No offense, but some of you are really ****ing thick.

Does that sound in any way like Breen? No. Does it sound like the G-Man? Yes. Does it sound like any other character we've encountered? No.

It's G-Man.

It's G-Man.

It's G-Man.

It's G-Man.

Case closed. Move the **** on already.

Thatguy25 said:

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND.

Gordon does not talk. If Valve ever does decide to implement the oh-so-powerful Gordon one-liner (and in turn ruin one of the most important aspects of the series) then I doubt they'll relegate it to a minor ****ing expansion pack.

Doesn't sound perfectly like the G-Man? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. There are minor differences in his voice when you compare HL1 to HL2. But you know what? They are distinguishable and similar enough that we can identify them as the same person.

In conclusion: This is G-Man. If you did not pick this up in the trailer, then you have hearing and/or mental issues.

Hunter_8472 said:

Ever play the original Half-Life? Go do it. Get to the end and flip G-Man the big ol' middle finger instead of taking his offer. Take note of his voice.

the first few words sound close to the gman, but the rest, sounds nothing like him at all

It's Gman.

How are people still unsure even after Gabe himself confirms this?

Absinthe said:
God dammit. No offense, but some of you are really ****ing thick.

Does that sound in any way like Breen? No. Does it sound like the G-Man? Yes. Does it sound like any other character we've encountered? No.

It's G-Man.

It's G-Man.

It's G-Man.

It's G-Man.

Case closed. Move the **** on already.

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND.

Gordon does not talk. If Valve ever does decide to implement the oh-so-powerful Gordon one-liner (and in turn ruin one of the most important aspects of the series) then I doubt they'll relegate it to a minor ****ing expansion pack.

Doesn't sound perfectly like the G-Man? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. There are minor differences in his voice when you compare HL1 to HL2. But you know what? They are distinguishable and similar enough that we can identify them as the same person.

In conclusion: This is G-Man. If you did not pick this up in the trailer, then you have hearing and/or mental issues.

Ever play the original Half-Life? Go do it. Get to the end and flip G-Man the big ol' middle finger instead of taking his offer. Take note of his voice.

Exactly, nail on the head. There is no question about whether it is Gman, please people get this into you're heads. GMAN

haha, i bet those 16 people that think it's someone other than gman feel really stupid right now.:D

I hope the 16 other people who didn't vote for Gman get AIDS

It's Alyx with a voice changer!

Seriously, Gabe confirmed it was G man!
Can't be Gordon because he's mute. Or he is during the game. He doesn't even talk to Alyx in the elevator. She says, "Man of few words, aren't you?" or something like that.

G-Man, no doubt.

But now he can pronounce words clearer! YAY!

Reginald said:
Has anyone discussed why G-man actually is angry?
My theory: G-Man is angry because the teaser trailer is over and he just wants to be dramatic. May not even be in the game.

For all we known his mom could be boiling his eggs instead of frying, but were gonna have to wait until relase to find out :p

kupoartist said:
My theory: G-Man is angry because the teaser trailer is over and he just wants to be dramatic. May not even be in the game.

Quite plausible, yes.

Im going with everyone else even though i haven't seen the trailer. G-Man all the way :E

Actually, it's Michael Shapiro, the guy who voices G-Man, he does barney too.

IMO, doesn't sound like the G-man to me.
Too human...too, not G-man-ish.

yeah defenatly mossman after the citadel explodes and she is merged with breen just imagine mosman with breens voice lol

Deathb4birth said:
yeah defenatly mossman after the citadel explodes and she is merged with breen just imagine mosman with breens voice lol

I didn't get a word of that.

I hope someone makes a mod where it turns out to be a French Vortigaunt (don't ask) and you then have to fight him and his army of G-Monkeys.

WHA!

Would be a funny mod but
WHA!

It just works for it to be G-Man

This is a stupid stupid thread.

Up there with 'OMG Gordon is Gman from the future'

Maybe even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back