Weapons in game..

Stertman

Reaction score
Ok.. I'm getting a little stressed up here=)
We are doing a mod as a shool project, We have maps and have got our props to work and so on, but the last thing we need is to get our weapons in game, How do I do this? our project has a deadline in a couple of weeks, and it would be really anoying not to have our weapons we have made in the game.. I use 3ds Max, I have the smd Exporter and I have the hl2compile toolkit, But what smd'd do I need to make? and what textfiles and so on do I need to make? and where do I put the files.
I cant tell you how glad I would be if someone who knows exactly how to do it could help me out with this. Pm me, or add me on msn, [email protected]

Thanks

I need some help here.. crackhead told me that all parts on my weapon have to be merged together? He doesnt use max so I dont really understand how o do this.. anyone who knows how to do this with max? 3 weeks until my project have to be finished, have to get this to work or my project will be a disaster=( *crying*
please help me anyone, please

Every parts of your weapon must be of the same model. That means you have to attach them. Select one piece of your model and in the sub object mode, click on the attach button then click on another piece of your weapon model. Do that until all pieces are part of the same mesh. You can press H to show all meshes in the scene. You shouldn't have more than one item in the list (unless there are lights or stuff like that).

but how do I animate it if its just one part? this sucks, have done all my animations with every moving part of the guns as its own mesh..=(

Anyone with max who I can send my rig to and have a look for me? Have tried all night but cant understand how this is supposed to be done. I have been folowing this tutorial that comes in 7 parts (I think) where he animates some kind of sniper rifle, He uses the CZ_rig for the hands and those came with the tutorial too so these are the one I use but with a new texture on it.. I have done exactly as he have done but obviously thats wrong. Because he doesnt attach every part to the other and he animates just by moving the parts with the pivot and not by any bones at all.. please I really need some professional help here.. i'm going to kill myself..

You can have as many parts as you want but all those parts must be of the same object.

and then and then? decompile the pistol or smg model, delete the smg, weight paint youre gun onto the same bone as the smg, recomile it and youre done ?
what about the hands? and the the texture that goes on the hands ?

-dodo

Back