Webdesigner looking for mod.

Pilo

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a relatively new webdesigner but so far I believe I've done some gd work. The only way for me to get better is to get some experience. I'm looking for a mod to join and I would design and maintain a website for them. No, I'm not looking for money, just the experience.

My current website is: My Site

So if your interested just post in this topic and I'll get back to you straight away. Any comments on my current site would be appreciated as I'm always interested in improving my work.

well I could use one to create a new theme and what not for our new site. We took the old html one offline and went with nuke im me msn [email protected] or email me at that address

I've contacted both of you, although I have expressed a lack of mod content on the behalf of Doorstopp although I'm sure it's around somewhere.

sites just went back up.. content going to be put on soon.

Thanks for your offers guys. I've had a few and one or two have taken my interest. I'm still available for more if any of you need. I've just done another one for the mod Half-Life:Invasion. Only just started but it doesn't look to bad.

http://city17.wehostforfree.com/

I wasn't the one who signed up with the host. I only designed the template and so I'm not responsible for the host the city17 decided to put it on. My computer has Norton Internet Securit which removes ads. The site should look like the following image on a non-ad host.

Pilo, if you're new to webdesign, start looking into how to create layouts using CSS, not tables. Learn CSS while you're a beginner, it'll help you in the long run. Try and learn it before IE7 comes with Longhorn, IE6 doesn't support CSS so well.

StardogChampion said:
Pilo, if you're new to webdesign, start looking into how to create layouts using CSS, not tables. Learn CSS while you're a beginner, it'll help you in the long run. Try and learn it before IE7 comes with Longhorn, IE6 doesn't support CSS so well.

I definitely agree. Once you learn CSS you'll never want to go back to tables (cursing microsoft for IE6 is a side-effect), it's a lot better overall.

Just started to learn CSS this last week as part of my degree. I still don't get tables as part of it but when I do I'll probably convert my site into it. I'm moving onto php after that (part of the course),

Thanks for the tips guys and I'm still able to help with designs if a mod needs a hand. :D

I've sent you a PM SilintNinjya. I, however, will not be able to help you with your mod, SerenadeGX4, as you're claiming copyrighted work is your own in the following topic.

Please don't claim a photoshopped image of a movie is your own work.

I've got another site to the list (Seems silly I can't edit my first post).

The site is WisconsinGamers.net. This is my first php project with integration of the forum into the site. The banner was changed and you can see the original design at my website.

So I'm up for offers again.

Hi guys, just to let you all know that I'm up to do some more sites. Just post if you need some help.

It'd be interesting to see some examples of current work, to judge how much you've improved.

hey ur sites suck, sry to be rude, i will design sites for $2-5 in paypal or for favors.
I am not that great at web design but i can do better than this.
http://willpull22.remnetworks.com
http://willpull22.remnetworks.com/1016
i have mysql dbs access if you need it, can get webhosting for $3 a month 200mb, 4gb transfer, unlimited mysql dbs/ftp accounts/subdomains, comes with pre-installed scripts, cpanel acces(easy to use), you can install a php-bb forum in one click, free setup.

Sorry to be rude but

A) Your sites ain't that great either (You should have made the menu text smaller on the menu of the first one to make the link fit on one line (looks bad). Also the menu buttons on the seconds are bad too. Also other parts of your hosting site ain't that impressive, either.
B) I design for free.
c) Please don't pimp your links by disrepecting mine.

So anyone else who needs a site done, give me a shout, a lot of those designs are only a taster. Give me a challenge, I may suprise you!.

i've seen some work of Pilos before and it was quite decent!

I mean he is helping anyone! , good on ya mate!

Sorry about bumping an old thread, but I need a website for my mod team. We haven't announced our mod yet, due to lack of a site. If you're interested, please PM or IM me. My AIM screen name is "cold Fusion CZ".

Navy Man said:
i've seen some work of Pilos before and it was quite decent!

I mean he is helping anyone! , good on ya mate!

Thanks. Apreciate the support.

cold_Fusion said:
Sorry about bumping an old thread, but I need a website for my mod team. We haven't announced our mod yet, due to lack of a site. If you're interested, please PM or IM me. My AIM screen name is "cold Fusion CZ".

I'm sorry. Didn't see this until now, is the offer still there?

Well, if you interested cold_Fusion send me a PM with more details. For everyone else, I'm still available to help design and maintain a site, reply or drop me a PM. Thanks for your attention.

I suggest you help out Hot564231 as of what happened with a site and a member, you can talk to him more on MSN if you must about it and his mod will be quite splendid.

thank's dude for putting a word in for me, well long story short. our frist website was and is a freewebs it a crap website but did us for getting on the MODdb, well the story is about a boy name SWAT who said "i can make you a new website" so i let him do it a good job btw but he was power hungy (this only came out after he did the website) he demaned me to put thing's in the story i did not want in the game and when i said i'm doing this for the game he had a fight with me and again he demaned me not to put it in the story, he told me i should change the forum witch i was not sure about but we did and it was a better yes but he want to put up the forum i told him i will do it but no he said he will do it, that was another fight and a half. so he did anyway behind my back, so we moved forum it was a nicer forum but i and hollywood did not like the idea of him in conrol of the forum but the baby got what he wanted (btw he made another website witch was a good looking website but this is l8r in the story) so for 2 week's thing's where cool we had some fan fair it was nice, and then i had to go see my mother becasue she was sick at the time (love her i do) and when i got back i click on to the forum to see what going on i said to my self "wtf" so i went onto MSN to if anyone was on and hollywood (we work together) and BLKfalc (our skinner and co-lender who has been here for me form the start) and they told me that SWAT was trying to take over the mod and he got into a fight with holly and BLKfalc and he got mad and delete the main website and forum so we lost alot of fan's and our team member did not know what heppan at the time mind you, so we work hard over night to get another forum up and running and it worked but we lost our fan's and topic we made and we lost our concept art for the team for mapping and basic concept art what the mapper's and modeller's to see what they need we did get our concept art back but that was only a week ago and we lost the forum and the website over 4 week's ago btw hollywood lost his concept art as well witch was found last week as well.

well that it and that was the short story btw, http://s12.invisionfree.com/OpposingShephard/index.php? come on down and say hi if you want and can you help plz m8 we need a website designer real bad oh i forgot Opposing shephard is like an Opposing Force 2 but not, it about shephard returning by the G-man's hand and shephard got to fix the problem well i love to wright more as you can see i took alot of page up and i need sleep.

sorry any bad grammer i just need sleep

this was news at 11 now back to pilo

well it is not me to spoil the mood

sorry for posting again

After a long hiatus, I'm back and ready to help the mod community. I have not been neglected my webdeisgning and have worked on a CMS (Content Management System [Which works in Postgres or MySQL]) as well as designing some other php websites and improving my own. I'm hoping to have my photo section of the website running fully soon to further demonstrate my php skills.

I look forward to hearing from any mod team that wishes for my help and I do discrimate on the choice of mod that I will work on (Although immature team members will not be tolerated)

Hi Pilo,

i am searching for a webdesigner who is able to implement a team management software for our mod. so if you are interessted in this job
please contact me by e-mail ( [email protected] ).

Cu Thrillhouse

Back