Weekly Steam News (15/04/04)

Pi Mu Rho said:
You know what's really amusing to me?

Here's a little scenario:

Week 1 - Valve release an update for CS:S. HL2DM fans say "I wish Valve would do something new for HL2DM. They never give us anything"

Week 2 - Valve release an update for HL2DM. CS:S fans say "I wish Valve would do something new for CS:S. They never give us anything"

This happens week after week after week. I've never seen so much bitching about free content. You bunch of pansies.

Only difference is that CS:S fans really do get some thing every 1-2 weeks and DM people have to wait like 4-5 months on some thing every small.

zodiak said:
Why do i get the feeling those 3 maps where the last thing valve is going to change to DM? :(

No need to get that feeling. I've been working on a new map -- no news on a release date for it yet. Stay tuned to the weekly update.

Cliffe
VALVe

Awesome! I'm a big fan of Team DM in particular- although not actually much good at it.

Mostly because it proved that a bunch of retentive fanatics really could attract enough attention to their cause to con some free content out of beneficent developers... makes me glad to be a Half-Life fanboy :D

Ok what i'm wondering is what will Gordon's melee weapon be since his crowbar is toast?

special-ed said:
Ok what i'm wondering is what will Gordon's melee weapon be since his crowbar is toast?
Well, it could easily be the Crowbar again. Crowbars are hardly one of a kind ^^ ... but then it could also be a stun baton or something new and interesting...

i hope its as long as half life 2 , and maybe have a scarier level than ravenholm, and use the same system as lost coast, but for those whose pcs cant support gfx like that, they can choose to turn the effects off

Heheh, zodiac, see that? I love this company right because of that. They are here and they know what we say.

cliffe said:
No need to get that feeling. I've been working on a new map -- no news on a release date for it yet. Stay tuned to the weekly update.

Cliffe
VALVe

Well aren't you my new favorite vavle employee. :)

im suprised that noones created any new sp maps further exploring the citadel and those alien looking things. like from fire in the sky.

are they gonna charge for this? or jsut something that downloads via steam ?
how do you price what, 3 levels?

im glad they're doing it. the hl2 ending was so boring

MysticalMrBob said:
Haha are we gonna still have the blue gravity gun?

Imagine that, starting off with it. :| Itd be fun, but no challange. Wonder how theyre gonna sort that out...another weapon stripping? By the G-Man perhaps?

Heh, it'd be a real teaser if you start with it, then lose it before you can kill anyone. Someone appears and in a scripted event it's taken from you or something.

Bwahahahaha

Wow, nice news to come back to from vacation. I know you guys all missed me while I was away :rolleyes:

Back