Weekly Steam News (23/02/05)

I think that is just a fanmade high-poly swat model ,like DelaZ pointed out :(

No it's in the SDK just untextured and unanimated.

It's the predator model used in the benchmark and in the E3 2003 video. I said this 3 months ago, but every said it was Alyx. :|

CS_Militia

Awesome! Love de_train, but where, oh where, is my beloved cs_militia?

Beatbox

ray_MAN said:
It's the predator model used in the benchmark and in the E3 2003 video. I said this 3 months ago, but every said it was Alyx. :|
I agree.
You can't see it that well in this picture because the shader has made it invisible but it's definitely the same model. Load it up in Garry's Mod for CS.
Stealth Camo CT Picture

I wonder if the T's will also get a new model. Does anyone know the exact TOA of this update?

cl_playermodel sprites/WXplo1.vmt in console for invis apparently

didnt wanna try it cos i thought some guy was trying to hack up my machine

Sadly, if the update is to come tommorow (25th), it will be released on the 26th at 1:00AM Polish (GMT+1) time. It's a bit strange though. If the updates are released at about 1:00 the next day (happened twice) in a GMT +1 zone, it means they come out at 0:00 GMT so it's already the next day! They should come out 24 hours earlier.

If I were you I don't know if I would understand what I wrote above :p. So don't worry... :)

this was posted after 10pm on the 23rd for me. I thought that ment it was coming out today (the 24th).

stinger.aim92 said:
Sadly, if the update is to come tommorow (25th), it will be released on the 26th at 1:00AM Polish (GMT+1) time. It's a bit strange though. If the updates are released at about 1:00 the next day (happened twice) in a GMT +1 zone, it means they come out at 0:00 GMT so it's already the next day! They should come out 24 hours earlier.

If I were you I don't know if I would understand what I wrote above :p. So don't worry... :)

*head explodes*

i cant wait for the update tonight, me and my buddies are LANing at my house since theres plenty of room for everyone and were going to play cs and dm all night... maybe try out the muliplayer swat 4 demo too. :)
those are definately looking like new player models,i wonder which one will be the new terrorist model since they dont show that in the screens. 1337 cr3w anyone?
also, it would be very nice to see VAC2 come tonight also but its not as likely in my opinion. Also, the person that wrote about VAC2 being bypassed by cheaters i think is very wrong. With steam, they can update vac2 like anti-virus problems update their definitions. Im sure the last thing valve wants to see is their game become unsuccessful because of cheaters.

Yeah, I received this message the 23rd. Will the update come out today? (It's the 24th here now.)

Well itlooks like they have loaded the update onto the servers, so I would expect it later tonight.

I hope they release it soon so I don't have to stay up till 3am.

It does pay to live in the pacific time zone sometimes.

Those pics showing off de_train could have easily been submitted to Valve from Turtle Rock studios where they could have also easily been using custom models.

Haha. It's funny what a simple edit can do.

crack0ta.png

Hey! I was worried that I'll have to wait on day more for the update, because the news were posted on the 24th. But it's "Weekly Steam News (23/02/05)". From the 23rd! Yay!

Damn, 30 minutes from now is 2 AM. Maybe I'll go to bed at 3am or 03:30

Looks very primesing.

But one thing I DONOT like about Valve MP is that u move too fast that also includes your enemies. Talked to many of my other hl2 friends and all same the same that hl2 is not very nice in mp. It happens to fast or there is a player jumping like moron so it is just plain impossible to shoot him.

CAN VALVE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!

To be completely honest with you the speed is what many people love about CS and HL multiplayer. Slowing it down anymore would make alot of people mad.

I love the speed. CS:S people seem to run slower. And HL2DM is supposed to be fast paced. That is what DM is, fast paced.

I figured. My STEAM icon is saying that it's working. Come on! Download already!

What is the deal with it being at 86% acquired but it's status is -- and it's not downloading.

well,i'm updated but i can't join any servers. "Bad Challenge" is all I get

I'm getting sick of getting error messages every time there's an update

I get that "Bad Challenge" message aswell. I wonder what's up.

It hasn't updated at all for me. I restarted STEAM like 3 times and still nothing.

GonzoBabbleshit said:
well,i'm updated but i can't join any servers. "Bad Challenge" is all I get

I'm getting sick of getting error messages every time there's an update

I get it too, just keep trying.
I can't say exactly what causes the message, but I was able to get on quite a few servers. best thing to do is be patient, as with all new patches, theres always a little adjustment time.

yeah, i can get on some servers and wow! Train looks absolutely amazing! i think i'm gonna like compound too being a fan of cs_assault there are similarities. The updated CT models looks great too :D Fix that annoying message and it's a fantastic update!

Downloading now, hopefully the bots will use SMG's now.

Anyone know why this downloads so slow? Ive been downloading for 2 hours and its only on 98%. This really sucks because i wanna play.

Back