Well 4rth video was released...

Reaction score
By now everyone probably knows, so now that the fourth video has been released what did everyone think of it?

To tell you the truth, I watched it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... o_O'

What did you expect? I have no life!
And Half-Life is TEH GEWD.

well, i likes it... with all the lovely lightning, but the bink thingy **** up ..dunno whats up with it..kinda lags major time ;)

*NooB mode on*

It RoXoRd in teh BoXoRd........

*NooB mode off*

Wait...what was I saying......

I thought it was very nice. It looked like, at the time of the taping, that the engine and all the other stuff were in very late beta....

It's kind of odd, as Bink runs just fine for some people and madly laggy for others. It runs excellent for me, even though I have a low-end machine compared to most of you guys' setups. Yet I've talked to people with machines that FAR surpass mine in every way, shape and form, yet Bink runs like crap on them.)

I thought Traptown would be laggy on mine, because Docks and Keliner's Lab were. But it wasn't, so I'm happy...

Its very excellent, but I was concentrating on the floor texture, the doors, the walls, all object's texture nothing really seem perfect. It is very flat. The bullet holes, does not seem like a hole only a black spot.

I hop vulvo will repair this by adding bump mapping to the texture just like DOOM3 or STALKER.

The lighting affects were great, only the texture was not 10 out of 10. it was 6 out of 10.

Man I love this game and I love to see it exceed DOOM3 or STALKER.
:cheers:

yah textures got blurry cause i think NO AF.

i can only imagine this game at higher res/ af/ aa.

dayum.

But wait. The first vid has no AA or FSaa but it was so perfect. The graphic was 9 out of 10 may be more. With this new traptown vid, I don’t what the F happened.

dam man I am realy sad on the graphics.;(

Its also good to hear the sound in a hi-fi format, as the Gamespy version was a little unclear around there, in addition to having the background laughter and general noise removed [although I did chuckle at the 486 remark the first time I heard it, such a stereotypical geekish statement ] ;) Its interesting to see all the textures as they will be in the game, easier to get a more accurate idea of what it will be like...and its good. I wonder if any of the corpse clipping issues will be improved in the final build, as it was a little more obvious with the in-game video.

Roll on the Barney video, my personal favourite...

SOME ONE NEED TO EMAIL gabe newell about the graphic issues.:dozey:

What can I say, Excellent. I love the pistols shooting sounds. Graphics look top notch. Expect the 56k version on August 1st (When my hosts bandwith gets restored).

Well I think you need to get a new eyes to see the crappie graphics that vulvo has created.

:cheers:

ure a troll..

haha.

anyways the gfx weren't that bad for the settings IMO.

Gorgon, you're talking sheer nonsense mate. You said the walls and ceilings were 2d?
Run that by me again? This isn't Super Mario here, is a fully 3d first person shooter! Even Doom has 3d walls, ceilings etc.

You also want bulletholes to be 3d? Tough, that'd requre everything to be deformable ala Red Faction, putting a huge strain on resources for such a minute pay-off, 2d bulletholes look grand anyway.

The fact that, like me, you're from the UK hurts me even more, It's a worrying thing to know stains on life like you, that can't even adequately communicate the language they are brought up with, are nearby...

Yo m8.

I think you misunderstand me.

2d mean flat, flat means lacking of texture quality,

In other word compare the bullet holes from HL2 to max payne.

and you will understand hah M8.

:dozey:

No, 2d means two-dimensional. Look at Half-Life 2. There are 3 axes, X, Y and Z. You can trace lines to the vanishing point. It is three-dimensional.

And the bullet holes look fine, better than Max Payne in my opinion. At the end of the day they're bullet holes, not exactly making or breaking the game.

Originally posted by Gorgon
OK what is bump mapping?
basically giving a surface a special overlaying texture that reacts to light accordingly giving it the illusion of being 3d.

the sec pic was great but check the traptown vid and look at the grahic, look deep, ok.

you will see good graphic but not great....:flame:

Originally posted by SnowBall
basically giving a surface a special overlaying texture that reacts to light accordingly giving it the illusion of being 3d.

you r very correct

do get that TA.

HL2 lacking this feature alot.;(

guys uhhh...you do know that the traptown video was just re-recorded from last year? its was gonna be used for LAST years e3...its old and it looks really bad.

the textures are dull blurry and very pixilated in the traptown video...like i said ITS A YEAR OLD. this stuff is in your guys head, the quality looks horrible.

just watch the docks video, and the kleiners lab video, then watch traptown. traptown graphics seem like they are a lot worse than the other 2 direct feeds. ....like i said...its a year old.

Gorgon you troll to much.

and to silence you, devs have said bump mapping is included and will be used. Appearances can be deceiving...you assume right away that because you don't see it in one screenshot (a very old screenshot) and video that we all know to be old, that its not included.

get your facts straight.

ok, maybe you didnt read my post. i said -

The video is ONE YEAR old

Do not argue about the graphics.

they are 1 year old if you argue about traptown videos graphics then you are argueing about something that you will never see in the full game.

Originally posted by Northwood83
What can I say, Excellent. I love the pistols shooting sounds. Graphics look top notch. Expect the 56k version on August 1st (When my hosts bandwith gets restored).

Hehehe good news, i'll be waiting in anticipation northwood :cheers: Its good to have people like you around i'm sure im not the only one who appreciates these 56k friendly versions

Originally posted by Northwood83

i agree about the sounds, but if you think traptowns graphics are good just wait till you play hl2....if you havnt cought my drift hl2 should look at least 2x better than traptown looks

i agree about the sounds, but if you think traptowns graphics are good just wait till you play hl2....if you havnt cought my drift hl2 should look at least 2x better than traptown looks

man i totally agree, those graphics look like crap, but how do u know that it'll be atleast 2x better in the actual game?

cause like i said that certain traptown video we all have was 1 year old, not only that but the setting werent even on the highest. Trust me, Hl2 should look like it dose in the other 2 steam videos "docks" and "kleiners lab" for some reason they gave us an old traptown video insted of rencoding it.

Back