well its the 16th now - has preloading started?

K

kevinb456

well its the 16th now, so preloading should have started, but from what i can see it hasnt. am i right in saying that when it is available you will get it by entering your ati voucher code in the 'register a game i already own' box? or will it show up in browse games? or how do i start preloading it? i just hope they dont miss another deadline.

so, discussion guys - what are your opinions on the timing? do you think they will release it later today? (i thought it would be at 00:00). what are your feelings on this deadline - will valve meet it? :cool:

im so looking forward to this, ive been a good boy and refrained from downloading the cracked cs:s because i really believed the deadline this time. it looks sooooo good fromt he videos and pictures and what people have said about it :bounce:

I don't know if it will preload right now...it's 6:53PM here in Minnesota. It will show up in your list until the Beta is finished (as in, all done testing).

Where do you live? It's no where near the 16th here.

preloading dont start until its 12:pM-3PM Vavle time. Which is like Pacific US. You guys are ahead of us by a day :p

snak3y3z1001 said:
preloading dont start until its 12:pM-3PM Vavle time. Which is like Pacific US. You guys are ahead of us by a day :p

snak3y3z1001's right.

GMT +0 will most likley get the game at 10pm on the 16th, because Valve being an American company tend to go by the American time-scale. Nuts I know!, but us Brits just have to put it with it.

oh forgot its an american company lol :p okay well its the 16th here for us brits, i expected them to turn it on at the change of the day. i guess well have to wait till the morning :D

kevinb456 said:
oh forgot its an american company lol :p okay well its the 16th here for us brits, i expected them to turn it on at the change of the day. i guess well have to wait till the morning :D

you mean late evening :LOL:

We Brits are best of waiting till the 17th to pre-load CSS, 18th to pre-load the HL2 content, and 19th to play CSS... unless of course you're creatures of the night, like myself.

kevinb456 said:
well its the 16th now, so preloading should have started, but from what i can see it hasnt. am i right in saying that when it is available you will get it by entering your ati voucher code in the 'register a game i already own' box? or will it show up in browse games? or how do i start preloading it? i just hope they dont miss another deadline.

so, discussion guys - what are your opinions on the timing? do you think they will release it later today? (i thought it would be at 00:00). what are your feelings on this deadline - will valve meet it? :cool:

im so looking forward to this, ive been a good boy and refrained from downloading the cracked cs:s because i really believed the deadline this time. it looks sooooo good fromt he videos and pictures and what people have said about it :bounce:

its barely 4:15PM on the west coast, not to mention its still the 15'th in America you dumbass, just because its the 16'th where your at doesn't mean it is everywhere else. VALVe goes by there time, which is PST (Pacific). they didn't start preloading for cyber cafe's right at the first second that is was the 16th somewhere. dont start this bullcrap about "OMG 1t's teh 16'th 1n j4p4n 0MG!!111!1 V4lV3 teh l13d 4g1an!!!!1!!1". need i not remind everyone that VALVe didn't unlock CS: S for Cafe's until about 3:00PM Pacific (Their TimeBTW).

Pitbul said:
its barely 4:15PM on the west coast, not to mention its still the 15'th in America you dumbass, just because its the 16'th where your at doesn't mean it is everywhere else. VALVe goes by there time, which is PST (Pacific). they didn't start preloading for cyber cafe's right at the first second that is was the 16th somewhere. dont start this bullcrap about "OMG 1t's teh 16'th 1n j4p4n 0MG!!111!1 V4lV3 teh l13d 4g1an!!!!1!!1". need i not remind everyone that VALVe didn't unlock CS: S for Cafe's until about 3:00PM Pacific (Their TimeBTW).

Omg teh flame! :flame:

Calm down... :thumbs:

Pitbul said:

No need to be an ass hole.

You can clearly see in the dozen posts above yours that the situation was explained, and your $0.02 wasn't required (especially considering your nasty tone).

if it starts at the stroke of midnight Pacific Time, i'm going to be pretty pumped.

well here is my 2 cents. valve said 16th so they have untill midnight Nuku'alofa time, 10 hours and 24 minutes to start the preload or they have mislead people because they said we would be able to start getting it on the 16th so if it doesn't start untill the 17th they have missed there target. i won't be able to play untill about the 19th anyway.

what exactly does pre-load mean? Will you be able to play? Sorry for the stupid question but just wondering

Nex321 said:
what exactly does pre-load mean? Will you be able to play? Sorry for the stupid question but just wondering

No u will not get to play till thee 18th.OPre-load means it will go into your computer

Nex321 said:

Pre-Load means using Steam in conjunction with a Valid ATI HL2 coupon, or a Valid Condition Zero serial key the game's icon will appear in the Steam games list in the 'coming soon' section on the 16th.

Users can then click this icon and select 'pre-load this game onto my computer', or something to that effect, and all the information (data) that the game comprises of will be placed on you (the users) PC' in encrypted format, so you cant play it till Valve say so (i.e. the release date).

Nex321 said:
thanks

Seems like its not a big deal.....
Its not. Have no idea why everyone is going crazy for it :p We got 3 days to preload. No need for the rush :thumbs:

snak3y3z1001 said:
Its not. Have no idea why everyone is going crazy for it :p We got 3 days to preload. No need for the rush :thumbs:

actually, 2. :p

Can someone answer something for me? Is the CS:S icon supposed to be in our Games list already, or does it not appear until the pre-loading actually starts?

I read somewhere that Half-life 2 will be preloading on 19th....can anyone explain me that?

PARTS of HL2 will be preloaded. Things like props, textures, etc that don't change. Not the whole game.

Pitbul said:

I actually though that was rather funny.

btw, I thought it was the 17th (but I could definetly be wrong)

Pitbul said:

No reason to be an asshole...... :hmph:

Soundwave said:
Can someone answer something for me? Is the CS:S icon supposed to be in our Games list already, or does it not appear until the pre-loading actually starts?

I think it will appear in your Steam list when its time too. So no, not yet

Pitbul said:

how about **** you asshole? i made a mistake, which was prmptly pointed out kindly, and i apologised and realised i had made a mistake... then you come in and start calling me a dumbass and somehow turn my post into "OMG 1t's teh 16'th 1n j4p4n 0MG!!111!1 V4lV3 teh l13d 4g1an!!!!1!!1" ... so im sitting there and just thinking you have a mental problem, cos im not some kind of '1337' talker or whatever the hell that little rant was trying to impersonate. IM SORRY I MADE A MISTAKE, I REALISE THAT!

now back to the cheese :bounce:

kevinb456 said:
how about **** you asshole? i made a mistake, which was prmptly pointed out kindly, and i apologised and realised i had made a mistake... then you come in and start calling me a dumbass and somehow turn my post into "OMG 1t's teh 16'th 1n j4p4n 0MG!!111!1 V4lV3 teh l13d 4g1an!!!!1!!1" ... so im sitting there and just thinking you have a mental problem, cos im not some kind of '1337' talker or whatever the hell that little rant was trying to impersonate. IM SORRY I MADE A MISTAKE, I REALISE THAT!

now back to the cheese :bounce:
LOL :)
i think halflife 2 will get released well the rest of it on steam on the 3rd of september.

who the fsck cares about preloading?

its a PRELOAD, its the release that counts, thats what i want as early as possible, the preload can start on the 17th for all i care.

The big deal with preloading is it's a sign that things are going right. If we begin preloading, then we know that there probably won't be a delay. If not, then something is up. I for one care about the preloading.

They are going to miss it. Then we will know that something is wrong. DELAY. Another year delay

If there was a Pre-Load Delay they would Tell us. Just shut up and wait. :)

The preload is important to me because i have a lowly 112k DL... so I need all the time I can get to DL this sucker.

benson said:
No need to be an ass hole.

You can clearly see in the dozen posts above yours that the situation was explained, and your $0.02 wasn't required (especially considering your nasty tone).
Oh you served him. And adding the $0.02 was an excellent touch!

The only reason i care about the preload is cause it proves hl2 does excist.

Well about 2 more hours until it hits midnight at VALVe but guess what guys, they are probably at their homes doing their own thing :p They don't live at VALVe offices, unfortunately... Well actuallly some might do because it's crunch time for them.

Probably about 13-14 or so hours until they release it which is ~3pm VALVe time....

well, its now the 16th where valve is (AFAIK - i used http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ so i hope its accurate :p ) so back to my original questions - what are your opinions on the timing? do you think they will release it later today? (i thought it would be at 00:00). what are your feelings on this deadline - will valve meet it?

well after the preload finally starts all i need then is for my GD x800xt to ship and i am set...

Back