well its the 16th now - has preloading started?

SubKamran said:
That would be 5PM here...that would suck. :p
Well if the use the same time they let Cafe oweners preload its gonna be 3pm their time :p Gonna be at 6pm over here EST

hrm... check up time ;p

ummm...does anything new show up on ur guys " play games " ? or when its 3 pm it will appear?

Ultra_Blood_63 said:
hrm... check up time ;p

ummm...does anything new show up on ur guys " play games " ? or when its 3 pm it will appear?

Whenever it starts it will show I guess.

I really hope they'll do it earlier...

nothing showing here yet guys and its currently 16:08 in the UK

I aren't expecting it to show until 20:00

Its going to be a dissapointment when I do get it because I am going to be like, "Right, I got it... but I can't play it!" :flame:

Can someone please reply on if the bittorrent version of the preload is accepted by STEAM as the preload? I've out of town ar my bros and don't get back until Wednesday. Thanks.

quistion will it be playable offline when its done downloading ?
i mean just to see how it looks etc?
nope not downloading here also :(
oh btw first post i just started playing cs also again.
dunno what the first time i played cs i think one off the first visions :p
yes i'm old skool ;) its surely 3 years was my last game online ;)
i played 1 off the first cs visions also ;)

looking foward to cs:source :p
and i'm sure that i can play it easy on my system.

msi-865PE Neo 2-P
intel p4 2,6 ghz @ 3,25 ghz.
saphire 9800 xt 256 mb
audigy 2 Zs
air cooled water cooled for sure when hl 2 comes out :D

what do you guy's think
can i turn on aa or af?

sorry for being half off-topic.

glHalfLife said:

Its going to be a dissapointment when I do get it because I am going to be like, "Right, I got it... but I can't play it!" :flame:

Well you'll have a 2 hour wait @ 20:00, because odd on it'll be pre-loading @ 22:00 +

Does anyone know if they will release HaflLife 2, like Doom3, USA first, then the rest of the world

Farfege: Not sure, but it's against the Steam ToS to download cache files.

SJStallard: I think I remember them _trying_ to have a simultaneous international release. But most likely USA first. :)

Have any of u guys in the states played CS:S, in one of the cafe's, is it really as good as it looks.

i played it on spud's comp, its way better than i thought it would be. everyone should give cs:s a chance, i dont know how you would not like it. the physics are awesome

EDIT: BTW its 9:25am here on the west coast (where valve is) and still no pre-load

The cybercafe beta started at 6pm PST. Expect this one to be the same - approximately 5 and a half hours.

glHalfLife said:

Exactly, so why is everyone getting so worked up?

Well if we thought the content was good in the beta (i.e. Dust) then what about when we get Aztec with the reflective water and there is Office and Assault (man assault is going to rock)!

Damn, my excitement beeper is squeeling like a pig at an abatoir... wait while I go change :p

B.Calhoun said:
Exactly, so why is everyone getting so worked up?

because we are deprived little gamers! and we can't not get excited at the first mention of screenshot or video! Sad, I know :dozey:

glHalfLife said:
because we are deprived little gamers! and we can't not get excited at the first mention of screenshot or video! Sad, I know :dozey:

That and actually 'having' it on your PC. Once it's legitimatley on my PC (and HL2 content tomorrow), I can sigh a sigh of relief that the wait for the games is almost over.

yea if they say its goign to be released between 3-6pm pcific time then it wont load till like 7-10 eastern time

really im not all too excited about the pre-load because i cant even play the fuggin game till the 18th. so pre-load it whenever guys

Why? said:
really im not all too excited about the pre-load because i cant even play the fuggin game till the 18th. so pre-load it whenever guys
But preload only means we're one step closer to playing!

true, i cant fricken wait to play the game! i play it on spud's machine, since he left its been the most boring 2 days of my life.

Ice_Walker said:
yea if they say its goign to be released between 3-6pm pcific time then it wont load till like 7-10 eastern time

Wrong. 3PM in Pacific time is 6 Eastern. 6PM PST is 9 Eastern. Three hours. Not four.

Ice_Walker said:
Please if you don't know how to do simple math please shut up.
3PST == 6EST

How many threads has to be covering the same topic anyway...I have posted something similar to this in at least 2 other topics...u will get it when it is available.

Well we like preloading just because we know that they are almost forced to release it since we already have content on our computers so there actually is a less chance of delay once we get preloaded :) I said less not saying delays wont happen

I'm gonna watch THe Screen Savers 1 hour Dark Tip special at 6pm CST (-6 GMT) and then the Packer game at 7pm CST ;) I'll preload after that.

yeah

I think they're getting overwhelmed.

so far one person I know says he's downloading it

I aint got it yet, but as my rooms power is off all tommorrow I really want the night to download it over

Back