well its the 16th now - has preloading started?

I don't think preload has started...they must be getting ready.

how many posts before im a zombie still a warning on browse games

yeah I can browse games fine aswell, nothing different at all still have the same games in my play games section so keep waiting!
http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121625
This tells us something. It says valve is preloading between 12-3 p.m. West, so that translates roughly to 3-6 p.m. east. So I'm east and I guess by supper I should have CS Source Beta in my Play games list, not playable but there.

btw: nice little ftp subkamran, I hope you don't mind me leeching a couple files? Good speeds too! Probably because it hasent been flooded :cool:

ManHacks said:
getting the same thing :p
Oh FYI the errors displayed in the screenshot have nothing to do with overwhelming...they are PHP error codes, just means they editted the webpage code and screwed something up...and it is back up and running for me as of 4:46 EST

lord finesse said:
yeah I can browse games fine aswell, nothing different at all still have the same games in my play games section so keep waiting!
http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121625
This tells us something. It says valve is preloading between 12-3 p.m. West, so that translates roughly to 3-6 p.m. east. So I'm east and I guess by supper I should have CS Source Beta in my Play games list, not playable but there.

btw: nice little ftp subkamran, I hope you don't mind me leeching a couple files? Good speeds too! Probably because it hasent been flooded :cool:

As long as you credit me...and credit the FTP hoster, SkyCat.

Give them time, the cafe load was at half past. Another 25minutes.

im going to eat dinner soon, then go out to the coinstar machine in a grocery store lol (i got so much damn spare change, and its all going to my new rig baby!), then ill check back here for an update.

Even if the downloading starts now I won't be able to download because I'll get CZ game that I ordered in 10h :(

Well, on my cafe account (on the other computer...getting a head start) it's preloading 1.5Mb/sec...already 18%.

so 02:00 GMT for pre-load I guess? That would make it 18:00 Pacific Time

SubKamran said:
As long as you credit me...and credit the FTP hoster, SkyCat.

kudos to SkyCat. Its 7:26 P.M. here on the East -5 GMT time. And nothing yet so, perhaps by 9 P.M.

Wow. Just WAIT UNTIL 6PM PST, that's when the Cyber Cafés preloaded. You're all so impatient.. it's not even playable!

Shuzer said:
Wow. Just WAIT UNTIL 6PM PST, that's when the Cyber Cafés preloaded. You're all so impatient.. it's not even playable!

You heard of this song before "I'm so exctited, I just can't hide it!"? Exactly

The funniest thing about all this impatience is that it's all for the freakin' PRELOAD. My god guys, you won't get to play it any earlier if you start the preload the exact millisecond it's available.

Someone else has probably said this already, but oh well it needs to be said again. Some of you need to go outside and get some fresh air or something.

Soundwave said:
The funniest thing about all this impatience is that it's all for the freakin' PRELOAD. My god guys, you won't get to play it any earlier if you start the preload the exact millisecond it's available.

Someone else has probably said this already, but oh well it needs to be said again. Some of you need to go outside and get some fresh air or something.
I have seen full grown adults get as close to giddy and excited as they will ever alow themselves to show 2 days before christmas, getting excited doesn't bring the presents any faster but they still do it. If people get excited then why try to stop them? I would love to be happy at every little thing that happens.

Soundwave said:

well since the preload didn't start on the 16th how do we know that they are going to let us play it on the 18th maybe we will have to wait for days before the preload even starts.
and maybe 20th or later before we can actually play the game. maybe they will stuff up the HL-2 preload as well. it is almost 10AM on the 17TH and still no preload or any information. i don't want to have to start looking else where for this BETA

happyhero said:
well since the preload didn't start on the 16th how do we know that they are going to let us play it on the 18th maybe we will have to wait for days before the preload even starts.
and maybe 20th or later before we can actually play the game. maybe they will stuff up the HL-2 preload as well. it is almost 10AM on the 17TH and still no preload or any information. i don't want to have to start looking else where for this BETA

Sir, VALVe runs on PST. It's still 5:15 PM on the 16th of August at VALVe.

so right when they start preloading ... CS : beta will show up on our list ? cause i dont see it yet ...

Platinum said:
so right when they start preloading ... CS : beta will show up on our list ? cause i dont see it yet ...

Right. Once it hits 9PM EST, that's when it should (theoretically) show up and you may preload it.

omg its teh 17th here 3 o'clock am valve has f'd up my life freaking cheaters I cant take this bull poo they always delay and gabe sux and he's fat cheater lol oh no it's my mom I hafta go to bed lol gg gl hf kthxbye :flame: :flame: :flame:

Sorry about that, I don't know what the hell was I thinking. Guess I'm a bit tired.

Back