were the combine forces rewarded with some 'you-know-what' for good work?

NeptuneUK

Space Core
Reaction score
in one of the radio messages from the overwatch woman she says:

"rank leader, reminder: 100 sterilised credits qualifies non-mechanical reproduction simulation "

;)

Nice incentive there. :LOL:

Sounds like Valve just put that in for a laugh, but also maybe as a hint that the Combine soldiers are still basically human. :p

Sulkdodds said:
Nice incentive there. :LOL:

Sounds like Valve just put that in for a laugh, but also maybe as a hint that the Combine soldiers are still basically human. :p

Was it over a CP's or a Soldier's radio?

Cause we all know for a fact that the Soldiers are Overwatch, but it's been much debated whether or not the CP's are human. And if you heard it through a CP radio, then we have proof that they are human. Because there really is no reason for Overwatch to want sexual gratifaction.

This also answers the question of "where are all the hot women in C17?"

im generally sure that CPs are human and any other soldier is augmented with combine technology. I believe i've heard this over a CP radio, however, I'm also pretty sure that they push and encourage the CPs to get thier mind erased and augmented and offer them better ranking and god knows what else.

I've never heard of this either, but it's certainly funny :D

No wonder they're so bent on killing Freeman!

"DO IT FOR THE POON TANG, MEN!"

sinkoman said:
This also answers the question of "where are all the hot women in C17?"
I think we just found what the stalkers are for...

pmsl!!!!:upstare:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 2:35 PM
To: Gabe Newell <-(didnt know marc's email)
Subject: just a quick question (i bet you hear that a lot!)

in one of the overwatch radio messages i heard:

"rank leader, reminder: 100 sterilised credits qualifies non-mechanical
reproduction simulation "

so do the combine get rewarded with some 'you-know-what' for good work??

;-)

Marc laidlaw replies

"It's virtually certain."

:D :D :D

Agent G-Man said:
Where do you hear the radio messages from the Overwatch woman?
when you kill the CPs you hear something like : "unit down in sector delta 7" or something like whatever
so yeah sinko, its the CPs and they have to be human.

MrWhite said:
im generally sure that CPs are human and any other soldier is augmented with combine technology. I believe i've heard this over a CP radio, however, I'm also pretty sure that they push and encourage the CPs to get thier mind erased and augmented and offer them better ranking and god knows what else.
i have to fully agree with this here. another message says something like:
"Reminder, memory replacement is the first step toward rank privileges."
so the higher ranking officers are erm less human

Yeah, that's the CP radio. What im thinking that CP's are just brainwashed normal humans , because not everyone can be a dick that gets drunk from power, right?

Also, notice that in Nova Prospekt you can hear the announcer saying "failure will lead to an permanent off-world assigment", and Nova Prospekt is filled with soldiers. So, CP are treated candy and soldiers are being pushed hard.

I think soldiers are still basically human, else Breen wouldn't be able to threaten them like that.

MetalliMyers said:
Well, how did barney keep from getting his mind erased?
He gave them the impression it already happened, or something like that.

He found a way around it.

Or maybe the CPs are just normal humans?

EDIT: I didn't mean that to be as sarcastic/derisive as it sounds. :(

lol sulkodds, yeah people are sometines ignorant of the truth

Psst. You can do that 'originally posted by' thing by writing
Cypher19 said:
blahblahblah[/quote(removethis)]. :cheers:

Sulkdodds said:
Psst. You can do that 'originally posted by' thing by writing [(removethis)quote=Cypher19]blahblahblah[/quote(removethis)]. :cheers:
Shhh! Don't alert them!

Also nice kinky-ness from the combine.

Barney is probably of low-rank in Civil Protection.

Overwatch said:
...rank privliges.

So it's just the higher-ups I would think.

There is nothing 'inhuman' about the beatings and slaughter of their fellow man. People have done it before without aliens telling them to do it. Also it should be noted that when people can't be identified (like say... when they wear a gasmask) they have been known to be more willing to do horrible things.

I'm sure plenty of CP's were just citizens trying to survive and plenty of them probably didn't enjoy their work... but it life in Half-Life 2 is harsh and they were just doing their jobs...

It's like the Jewish Police during WWII. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

Sulkdodds said:
Well yeah. The Resistance. :E

You know I think it would have been cool if Valve had made a skin/resistance fighter model that was a Civil Protection Uniform. I guess something like Barney's model but with the Resistance Symbol on it. (Lamda Symbol)

Judging by some of the comments made by citizens early in the game it seems like many CP officers probably join out of desperation and would jump at the chance to defect and fight the Combine.

don't you guys remember when you enter the trainstation lobby after talking to barney, and you see those people standing in line? They were in line getting packages to join civil protection because they hate their current lives, so yes they are human.

Spoonoop said:
don't you guys remember when you enter the trainstation lobby after talking to barney, and you see those people standing in line? They were in line getting packages to join civil protection because they hate their current lives, so yes they are human.

They were picking up food and one of them comments that he's, "...ready to join Civil Protection just to get a decent meal."

Langolier said:
They were picking up food and one of them comments that he's, "...ready to join Civil Protection just to get a decent meal."

I'd like ot think its food too, but if you look on the front of the package its the front of the gasmask... although, that might not be what it is, just my guess.

Another question, why no female CP?

I also think they aren't brainwashed, just people with some real power problems. I mean, if they disobey and are nice, I think they have an idea of what will happen to them

MrWhite said:
I'd like ot think its food too, but if you look on the front of the package its the front of the gasmask... although, that might not be what it is, just my guess.

Another question, why no female CP?

I also think they aren't brainwashed, just people with some real power problems. I mean, if they disobey and are nice, I think they have an idea of what will happen to them

Well they also say something about "You've got to be damned hungry to eat this crap."

That and the other comment both suggest it is just some sort of food. Who knows what the gas mask means. (though I suppose you could be right)

I immagine there are no females simply because valve didn't want to take the time to make a whole new model and record new voices for female CP officers. It's also possible that the combine only employs males in 'combat' situations. Patrolls and stuff... it's possible women work their "police stations" or whatever.

I honestly think that CP's are brainwashed or augmeted on some level. If they can allow people to join out of the blue with no questions asked, then they'd have some serious infrastructure problems on their hands.

The soldiers go through even more extensive modification, but they still retain humanity on some level. Hence why Breen needs to give them that emotional "prep talk" and why a little woo-hoo now and then is an incentive. Damn instincts for ya. :)

Also, I think there are probably females in the Combine ranks. You simply can't recognize them, what with their voice modulators and padded cothing.

Absinthe said:
I honestly think that CP's are brainwashed or augmeted on some level. If they can allow people to join out of the blue with no questions asked, then they'd have some serious infrastructure problems on their hands.

The soldiers go through even more extensive modification, but they still retain humanity on some level. Hence why Breen needs to give them that emotional "prep talk" and why a little woo-hoo now and then is an incentive. Damn instincts for ya. :)

Also, I think there are probably females in the Combine ranks. You simply can't recognize them, what with their voice modulators and padded cothing.

Nah, I doubt they'd have problems, because any solider acting out of line would be voilently murdered in a way you nor I could even fathom, or, turned into a stalker

Well... your lowest rank CP probably does nothing worse than handcuff people or bully them. EX: tossing a piece of trash on the ground and making them pick it up. Memory erasing for Rank privliges probably takes care of any disent among the ranks. I immagine the worst that Civil Protection does is interrogations, in which case that duty is probably relegated to higher ranked CP's. Though not neccessarily ones that have gone through "Memory Replacement". Of-course that would make Barney's position a bit odd.

I don't know... I think the members of Civil Protection and the way the organization works is one of the more interesting parts of Half-Life 2.

Edit: Also... just because we hear one Citizen comment on why he would join CP; out of desperation. That does not mean that they (Civil Protection) actually recruit just anybody without extensive screening and profiling. They probably keep a close eye to make sure you have no history of "Non-compliance". Barney probably just goes by a fake identity.

non-mechanical?

What about female combine? Do they get the tentacle treatment from the hydra? :naughty:

Mr-Fusion said:
non-mechanical?

What about female combine? Do they get the tentacle treatment from the hydra? :naughty:
They get MY tentacle treatment.

Are the breasts cut off of the women, if they become CP?

Erm, no. I doubt it. You can't really see the rebel women's chests when they're wearing CP vests (which is what all the rebels are wearing)...I think it's just thick clothing. :p

Course we don't know whether there are women in CP but they wear thick vests and speak through modulators, or whether Valve just didn't want to put women CPs in because it might somehow lessen the 'sinisterness'.

Back