Were the Earth forces too weak?

Sid Burn said:
yeah, most of the earth's forces are still intact... but that invasion made USA weak... that's why the combines were able to conquer USA easily... resulting the surrender of the other countries and the end of the 7 hours war. :cool:

How about USA was the first country to surrender while other countries were fighting the 7 hours war?

How about USA was the first country to surrender while other countries were fighting the 7 hours war?

Breen surrendered earth, the countries were already practically divided and thier government had fallen apart. The population of earth had also rapidly decreased...

No one country surrendered, the entire planet was surrendered, by breen.

Samon said:
Breen surrendered earth, the countries were already practically divided and thier government had fallen apart. The population of earth had also rapidly decreased...

No one country surrendered, the entire planet was surrendered, by breen.

Ok.. no thank you for telling the information which I've already known for long time... I asked that sarcastic question, since the other guy think USA's surrender made the entire countries to surrender.

Ok.. no thank you for telling the information which I've already known for long time... I asked that sarcastic question, since the other guy think USA's surrender made the entire countries to surrender.

I was wondering, because it was kinda obvious you knew it, but i jumped the gun, sorry :p

Earth was the only world they enslaved. They just asimilated the rest. Bad mistake when Gordon lives there

ríomhaire said:
Earth was the only world they enslaved. They just asimilated the rest. Bad mistake when Gordon lives there

The Combine also enslaved the Vortigaunts. They were just in Xen longer, so they could "export" their slaves.

Seppo said:
I wonder why the slide-show was cut from the game?

because unfortuneatley VALVe didn't want any cinematics. It prided itself on that fact. But unfortunatley that means that all of us are mearly speculating without solid backed up facts.

Originally posted by rpgprog
because unfortuneatley VALVe didn't want any cinematics. It prided itself on that fact. But unfortunatley that means that all of us are mearly speculating without solid backed up facts.

Not so, actually, as a lot of these facts are confirmed in raising the bar.

And, the reason it was cut, is not because of the cinematics, but because of the fact that the character captai vance was cut, and the air exchange and all else went with, rendering the slideshow pointless.

Granted, they could have made a new one, but ultimatley i think they went for a different approach, because having a slideshow in eli's lab? It wouldnt have gone with the atmosphere.

When they say cinematics, they say cutscenes in which you leave the view of freeman, you wouldnt leave freemans view when watching it.

Samon said:
Not so, actually, as a lot of these facts are confirmed in raising the bar.

And, the reason it was cut, is not because of the cinematics, but because of the fact that the character captai vance was cut, and the air exchange and all else went with, rendering the slideshow pointless.

Granted, they could have made a new one, but ultimatley i think they went for a different approach, because having a slideshow in eli's lab? It wouldnt have gone with the atmosphere.

When they say cinematics, they say cutscenes in which you leave the view of freeman, you wouldnt leave freemans view when watching it.
But you having to watch it would've been cooler. Eli will let you watch a slideshow while he explains wat happened while you are gone(I know he already did this in HL2). :rolleyes:

"The borderworld, Xen is in our control. For the time being."

This is the Gman while hes standing in front of a Xen platform with a load of dead marines and military equipment.

Yes, i remember that part quite well, but what he was referring to is Nihalnith wasnt sending in troops no more.

The military didnt invade xen, it was a piece of earth floating about in the borderworld during the merger.

Samon said:
Yes, i remember that part quite well, but what he was referring to is Nihalnith wasnt sending in troops no more.
and bec. of that... the army may have controlled Xen. I think the army used the teleport pads back at black mesa. before they pulled out. :smoking:

G-man

Of course by 'our' he could mean anyone, i HL2 it is clear he is not singularily working for the Government, if it all.

Maybe Xen was merely 'restrained' by the G-Mans employers after Gordon killed the Nihilanth, releasing the Vortigaunts.

Back