What big name bands have you seen live

Saw Better Than Ezra this past Friday at the free "Groovin' On the Grounds" show at my university's parade grounds. Nice time, as they don't allow any alcohol.

Did they have someone come up and play guitar or have they stopped doing that alltogether?

DreamThrall said:
Did they have someone come up and play guitar or have they stopped doing that alltogether?
Heh heh. Better Than Ezra? No, they managed to do it themselves. I know how you feel. I got pissed when they started saying they were "from New Orleans" when everybody who's gone to LSU knows they started playing in Baton Rouge.

Libertines 5 times?! Damn you el Chi, I'm jealous!

Blondie! w00t! Sadly this was before I got into them properly, so I didn't really appreciate it at the time :(
Radiohead
The Strokes
R.E.M.
Manic Street Preachers (3 times)
Basement Jaxx (twice)
Destiny's Child (at a free pop concert, honest!)
The Streets
Oasis
Blink 182
Pulp
Royksopp
Super Furry Animals (oh, three times now I think about it)
Primal Scream
Placebo
The Bluetones (not really bigname)
Ian Brown (from Stone Roses) He was a total nob and got booed off stage, lollolz.
Junior Senior (not particularly big either, but fun anyway)

that's all I can remember right now. What I'd like to go and see this year include Razorlight (sold out on current tour, bum), and Girls Aloud, 'cos I have no shame.

The Darkness
White Stripes
Ash (Headlining the Darkness)
Beautiful South (a mate had tickets)
Flash Harry (ok, not exactly well known, but still cool, he's the Queen tribute guy)

el Chi said:
remember watching Foo Fighters and Muse in the pissing rain at night with a smile in my heart and trenchfoot in my shoes.

i got a freebie beach ball thing earlier in the day and was using it to shelter under ^_^

man that day was hard on my legs, especially trying to find the train station afterwards :/

pomegranate said:
Libertines 5 times?! Damn you el Chi, I'm jealous!

Blondie! w00t! Sadly this was before I got into them properly, so I didn't really appreciate it at the time :(
Radiohead
The Strokes
R.E.M.
Manic Street Preachers (3 times)
Basement Jaxx (twice)
Destiny's Child (at a free pop concert, honest!)
The Streets
Oasis
Blink 182
Pulp
Royksopp
Super Furry Animals (oh, three times now I think about it)
Primal Scream
Placebo
The Bluetones (not really bigname)
Ian Brown (from Stone Roses) He was a total nob and got booed off stage, lollolz.
Junior Senior (not particularly big either, but fun anyway)

that's all I can remember right now. What I'd like to go and see this year include Razorlight (sold out on current tour, bum), and Girls Aloud, 'cos I have no shame.
The Libertines were awesome, although not so much without Pete, sadly.
Blondie are damn cool! Placebo are good live also. The Streets are amazing - Skinner's a god in scally clothing.
I saw Kelly Rowland, Busted AND Daniel Bedingfield at Radio One's big day out a couple of years back. Do you NEED any more musical genius, ever!? <Dies>
Septih said:
i got a freebie beach ball thing earlier in the day and was using it to shelter under ^_^

man that day was hard on my legs, especially trying to find the train station afterwards :/
I'm at uni in Reading, so I'm au fait with most of the geography. Can't wait for this year's festival (Foo Fighters, The Pixies and Iron Maiden :p)

The BackStreet Boys. Actually, I've never really seen them because there were too many girls crying and screaming right in front of us.

Rage Against the Machine
Primus
Metallica
Alice in Chains (twice)
Megadeth
Fishbone
Tool
Joan Jett (I was young, forgive me)
Slayer
Anthrax
Aerosmith
Jackyl (opening for Aerosmith)
Black Oak Arkansas (in the womb :D)

EDIT: Forgot Living Color. And yes, Rage was awesome. Tom Morello is a god.

Sadly, I never got to see Pantera. Still haven't seen Ozzy or Sabbath, either.

Ahh man I bet Rage was frickin awesome, they need to get back together

Me, my dad and my freind have just brought tickets to The Austrailian Pink Floyd Show. The promo DVD I've got with Sorrow, Run Like Hell and Money on was excellent. I look forward to this muchly. Deffo go among my fave. bands seen live.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Heh heh. Better Than Ezra? No, they managed to do it themselves. I know how you feel. I got pissed when they started saying they were "from New Orleans" when everybody who's gone to LSU knows they started playing in Baton Rouge.

No no no, I mean used to have someone from the audience come up and play the last verse/chorus of "This Time Of Year", but the last 2 shows I've been to they didn't. (Well actually, they had someone go up and play the cowbell, which while funny, isn't as cool as actually playing guitar with the band). What's up with THAT?

f|uke said:
Tool (3+)
APC (2)
Ministry
Metallica
Audioslave
Smashing Pumpkins
Green Day (4+)
Foo Fighters (4+)
Beastie Boys (3)
Oasis
Beck (2)
Pearl Jam (3)
Janes Addiction
Sound Garden
Rage Against The Machine
Pixies
The Strokes (2)
Filter
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Simon and Garfunkle
Primus
Cypress Hill
+many more

I love rock concerts :D

Dude! You saw Filter! They have to be one of my favorite bands today man, I envy you :bounce:

Captain Beefheart's Magic Band (Without the captain, around July last year)
Marilyn Manson
Nitin Sawhny (sp?)
Courtney Pine

Possibly some others but cant remember. Would like to see Radiohead, the Prodigy, Juno Reactor and maybe Aphex Twin

TheBleeding said:
Me, my dad and my freind have just brought tickets to The Austrailian Pink Floyd Show. The promo DVD I've got with Sorrow, Run Like Hell and Money on was excellent.
*Throws a toilet and nicks the tickets*
:cheers:

Dalamari said:
Dude! You saw Filter! They have to be one of my favorite bands today man, I envy you :bounce:
i even met bassist Frank Cavanagh. He said I was 'cool'. :D

DreamThrall said:
No no no, I mean used to have someone from the audience come up and play the last verse/chorus of "This Time Of Year", but the last 2 shows I've been to they didn't. (Well actually, they had someone go up and play the cowbell, which while funny, isn't as cool as actually playing guitar with the band). What's up with THAT?
Ooooooooooooooh. Well, they might have. I didn't stay for all of their show.

Meh I haven't been to a concert before, I don't like many popular bands/ the band never goes to UK.

Anyone who's been at reading festival the past 3 years, worthy of mention are the prodigy, offspring, foo fighters, linkin park, blur, blink 182, greenday, o shit way too many....also great bands but not big name ones include the music and AFI, they rocked

It's only the plus 10.000 people gigs I've been to and it's more or less in chronological order:

Duran Duran (yeah, I know ....)
Madonna
Prince (2 times)
The Black Crowes
Pearl Jam
Kula Shaker (not reall big but worth mentioning; they were a warm-up act)
Aerosmith
The Verve
Neil Young
Counting Crowes
Moby
Live (I don't really like that band actually)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Oasis (5 or 6 times, of which the gig in Manchester 2002 was the best)

I am an old boy

Queen Wembley 86
Bruce Springsteen Slaine Castle 85
Blondie Portsmouth 82
UB40 Glasgow 82

Been to Reading Festival past two years, and have been to see Offspring, Muse and Jimmy Eat World too.

theGreenBunny said:
None, most of my favourite bands stay on the far side of the atlantic :(

I am jealous.

u should be, Matthew Good Band was a great live act.
its just too bad the band didn't stick together.

Metallica (22 times)
Queensryche, Pink Floyd, Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, Alice In Chains, Soungarden, Faith No More, Iron Maiden, Ozzy/Sabbath, Dio, Testament, Judas Priest (Halford), Nightwish, Lullacry, Symphony X, Blind Gaurdian, Children of Bodom, Iced Earth, Nevermore, Opeth, Evergrey, Guns N Roses, Rush, Offspring..

there are more.. they escape me right now..

P

the strokes were simply amazing. right now im dying to see oasis, but all of the anounced shows here in the states sold out in hours and theyre all far away. hopefully theyll add more shows once they release the new album.

ozzfest 99' and 00'

my favorites were
Black Sabbath
System of a Down
Deftones
Pantera
Soulfly
Static X
Fear Factory
Incubus
Primus
But there were many many more great bands there...
Then Music as a Weapon
Disturbed
Adema (totally horrible, words can't explain)
Systematic (very good)
Drowning pool (don't like em')
Stereomud (decent)

And when I was like 10 I went to a moody blues concert with my pops, good damn show actually, even though they aren't really my thing.

Bad Religion, the I just started listening to music like 2 months ago and so far, it's my favourite band. i'm not really into musci though.

going to nine inch nails this fall.

The Doors - '02

They replaced Jim Morrison with the lead singer of The Cult, he sounds like Jim but HARDLY has the great stage acts, he jumps around the stage like it's a Backstreet Boys concert

Ennui said:
going to nine inch nails this fall.

i want to go :(
the day tix went on sale here in Toronto, my brother was supposed to be the one to get me the tix (i couldn't.. had something very important to do) and he let me down :|

anyway, the two concert dates sold out within 5 minutes :(

I saw INXS a long time ago.

I also had the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in my cab. And I did not even know it was them until the chick who was with them told me after they got out - as she was going on further by herself. Not a fan - had a look at them as they crossed the road, then made a note to watch a video clip. Hmm - was them.

I picked them up near the Sydney Showground, maybe in 1993/1994 (?) (Those years are all a blur sorry). In talking to them I said how was your night. And they said, 'Good'. What did you do? 'Oh we are in a band and we played on stage - all of us are in the band together - not her though (being the girl)'. And I thought these guys were just the usual pub band. And I said 'How's that working out for you then?' 'Oh pretty good.'

I saw Queen with Paul Rodgers! And mayby I will see Nightwish this summer!

Going to see Ben Folds on the 14th June. It'll be fantastic, I heard he's an awesome live act.

Back