What big name bands have you seen live

The only concert that I've been to had
Snoop Dogg
Korn
Linkin Park

The Tour was led by Linkin Park, called Projekt Revolution, if some of you have heard it. There was also Less Than Jake and The Used, but they aren't necessarily big name bands (to me. Please don't flame me if you like them)
The awesome thing about the concert was that they were in Bonner Springs, KS (about 50 miles from where I live) on August 24th, one day before my birthday, and Linkin Park is one of my favorite bands.

rush, breaking benjamin, oh and of course blue man group lol.

Metallica, The Strokes, Sonic Youth- that's about it- NZ dont get many good acts

Red Hot Chillis Peppers-after my last GCSE great celebration
Velvet Revolver
Greenday
Audioslave-6th June
Rammstein-if i can afford the ticket

Oasis (will have seen them 4 times in July)
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
The Coral
The Doves
The Happy Mondays (they were shit)
The Charlatans
Proud Mary
The Stands

U.S.E
Bloc Party
AC Newman
Arcade Fire
Kanye West
Wilco
Modest Mouse
THE PIXIES

All of the above have been awesome. Arcade Fire though was my favorite, though. That band is absolutely insane on stage. Of course, seeing the Pixies was a semi-religious experience as well.

Bohonkie said:
U.S.E
Bloc Party
AC Newman
Arcade Fire
Kanye West
Wilco
Modest Mouse
THE PIXIES

All of the above have been awesome. Arcade Fire though was my favorite, though. That band is absolutely insane on stage. Of course, seeing the Pixies was a semi-religious experience as well.

Id kill, seriously, to see the Pixies and the Arcade Fire live, you lucky bastard! Wilco and Modest mouse too! Nz doesn't get any good freakin acts. We have got Interpol this August for orientation at our Uni but other than that...

J_Tweedy said:
Id kill, seriously, to see the Pixies and the Arcade Fire live, you lucky bastard! Wilco and Modest mouse too! Nz doesn't get any good freakin acts. We have got Interpol this August for orientation at our Uni but other than that...

Yeah, it's nice living 3 hours from the Gorge, one of the nicest venues in the country let alone the world.

But yeah, Arcade Fire is rediculous. The red-haired-napoleon-dynamite lookalike guy at one point put on a nappy red helmet and started playing the rhythm on his head while screaming and climing scaffolding, and then started hitting his bandmates with the beat. Plus they sound amazing, which is a plus. Stage presense is only half the battle...

The Pixies...wow. Their set was soooo jam packed with songs...absolutely no down time between tracks. Plus the band is just so cool looking...The female bass player was just smoking and jamming and then she'd sing...what a beautiful voice she has. They did some slight variations on Bone Machine and Where is My Mind?, and came out with Debaser for the encore. I'm a huge Doolittle fan, if you didn't notice.

Yeah, Wilco was spot on. They sounds almost too good in concert, plus almost all of their songs end in absolute chaos, which makes for an exciting show. Modest Mouse...what can I say, they put on a ****in' good show. I've heard from friends that sometimes they're too inebriated to even perform, but they were amazing the night I saw them. They played quite a few old songs, which I was hoping for. Doing the Cochroach and 3rd Planet were memorable highlights. When Isaac Brock went over to his keyboard and played World At Large, the entire crowd busted out their zippos and let them burn. It was a sweet experience, for sure.

But anyway, Interpol is awesome. I havn't seen them live, but I absolutely adore, "Turn Out The Bright Lights". Antics is alright as well. Definately check that out man. I'm actually heading to a Presidents of the USA concert this Saturday...not really a huge name band(For those of you not familiar with them, they sing the "millions of peaches" song), but they put on EXCELLENT shows. They're the only band I've seen that ad-libs new songs for every concert.

Let me know how Interpol goes. Hopefully they'll make a trek to the Pacific Northwest soon.

will do, hope 'turn on the bright lights' features more than 'Antics'- although antics is not a bad album.

In more or less chronological order, starting in 1986

Duran Duran
Madonna
Prince (2x)
Black Crowes
Aerosmith
Oasis (4x)
Live
Neil Young
Pearl Jam
Moby
Dandy Warhols (2x)
Counting Crowes
Saybia

Plus loads of local or even smaller acts.

Not huge acts (supporting in brackets) but...meh. In order of how much I like them :p Although at the time i saw them i was a fan.

Red Hot Chili Peppers (2x) (James Brown, Mars Volta)
Kasabian (The Duke Spirit, El Presidente)
Supergrass
Papa Roach (Murder Dolls)
linkin park (Puddle of Mudd)
Limp bizkit (Godsmack)
Korn (Adema)

going to Reading Fest in the summer so there i'll try and see,

Iron Maiden
Pixies
Kasabian
The Killers

And im going to see REM in july.

Not much...I live in the smallest province in Canada which happens to be an island so we don't attract too many big names lol. But I have gone off Island to see Snoop Dogg, David Banner, and G-Unit. Nickelback came here and I went even though I regret it now, Coldplay is coming here in a months time.

Phish - well over 20 times
Grateful Dead - 4 times
Pink Floyd - 2 times
B.B. King - 4 times
Buddy Guy - 1 time
Neil Young - 2 times
Gov't Mule - over 15 times
Les Claypool - 1 time
Metallica - embaressed to admit 1 time
MOE - 5 times
Smashing Pumpkins - 1 time
Black Crowes - 1 time, second time coming in three weeks
Tom Petty - 1 time, second time coming in three weeks
Trey Anastasio - 8 times
Allman Brothers Band - 6 times
Medeski Martin Wood - 3 times

Colonel Sanders said:
I'm seeing Streetligh Manifesto, Voodoo Glow Skulls, and Mu330 tomorrow! Other than that the only band I've seen live (that is worth mentioning) is Five Iron Frenzy.

omg id kill to see streetlight manifesto you are/were so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Jackson, Ocean Colour Scene, Feeder, Oasis, Stereophonics.

Recoil said:
-Korn
-P.O.D.
-Mudvayne
-Amen
-Static-X
-Slipknot

They're all from my youth metal phase, I hardly listen to any of that stuff anymore ;) though I'd yet like to see bands like Slayer and Metallica live.

linkin park
korn
the used
less than jake

i might be seeing boston/rolling stones final concert in a few weeks

I just saw the Presidents of the USA tonight. They were ****in' amazing! If anyone's not familiar with them, they're the band that sing the "millions of peaches" song. They just seemed super cool and were completely personal with the audience. Definately worth checking out if they're in town, one of my favorite concerts ever.

Bohonkie said:
I just saw the Presidents of the USA tonight. They were ****in' amazing! If anyone's not familiar with them, they're the band that sing the "millions of peaches" song. They just seemed super cool and were completely personal with the audience. Definately worth checking out if they're in town, one of my favorite concerts ever.

They played at a festival over here a couple of weeks ago. I saw their act on TV> They were very good. And that Peaches-song is very funny.
"Peaches come from a can
they were put there by the man"

Saw Audioslave last night, feckin amazing, a brilliant band with a great live show

Just back from seeing Mudvayne and American Head Charge in Ireland a couple of days ago...I LOVE THESE SMALL VENUES!!! Was able to meet band members just by walking around goin to the bar or bathroom...Fantastic!!!

And a great gig too!!! :bounce:

Queensryche + Judas Priest, saw them last night.
Awesome show. In Toronto.

Going to see Iron Maiden on Aug 3rd.Also in Toronto.

When I was really really young, my parents took me to see Elton John. I don't remember much of it.

I've also seen:

KISS/Smashing Pumpkins
Rolling Stones/Wallflowers
Joe Satriani/Steve Vai (x2)
Tool

I'd love to go see NIN when they show up in LA or the surrounding area.

Weezer, thats it.
But there my fave and they were awesome live.

Chillies, Manics (twice), Audioslave, SuperGrass, FLC (awsome).

Not really a gig'er myself, but it's pritty respectable :)

edit, heh, well I saw Propellerheads in a club, and Chemical Bro's as well.

And Strn, you saw the Who, lucky guy

err
-iced earth
-metallica
-norther
-dimmu borgiar
-dragonforce (twice)
-nightwish (3 times within a month!!)
-inflames
-stratovarious
-symphony x (twice)
-thunderstone (twice)
-children of bodom (twice)
-m people (hahaha went with parents)
-sonarta artica (3 times within the next few months)
-machine head (twice within next cpl of months)
-falconer
-edguy

ahhg some really fat ugly skanks on their way home, make loads of noise mehh! think im gunna be sick!

-helloween....

many many more but im jsut cant remeber, guess im gunna have to get my wod of stick stubs out and have a look :) i love seeing gigs live, fav thing in the world.

Back