what can we expect for Ep2 ?

Deathb4birth

Reaction score
just wanted to know what people want and expect in Episode 2 ?

dont actually know if this fits in here but i ad no idea where to put it

The only things we KNOW are what we see in the trailer which may not be what they seem anyway.

When I seen the trailer I was shocked......

We can expect to be wandering around the vast wasteland of Earth. I expect the levels will be a great deal less linear than previous games and there'll be a strong emphasis on vehicles.

i wanna know how we got so far away form city 17 (as we can see the smoke raising from there i hope) since the train "stopped" so close to the city

I'm hoping for lots of handy Rocket launchers to stem the tide of Striders intent on ripping Gordon a new asshole.

Kadayi Polokov said:
I'm hoping for lots of handy Rocket launchers to stem the tide of Striders intent on ripping Gordon a new asshole.

Nah....tripmines.

A pilotable tank!!!
Seriously, what vehicles do you think Valve will let us use?

Hunters, Combine Advisors mind-raping you (should make for some interesting fights), antlions (including grubs and possibly a king), large areas, possibly new Xen aliens, Eli, Vortigaunt, hopefully some g-man,

UltimaApocalyspe said:
We don't know if Advisors will be in Episode 2, do we?
Did you not listen to the commentary?

I really don't know what to expect for Episode Two. All my attention was focused on the first Episode, so I really didn't think about Episode Two. I'm surprised that Valve made it so, but I like it.

More focus on the story and vehicles. To be clear about it, we can expect another kick-ass game from VALVe.

I'm hoping that you can fly something of a airplane, it would be really cool to kick some combine ass from hig above

Flying would be hard to moderate into a linear game. Perhaps someone else could fly it and you could hang out the side shooting shit. Or perhaps in the cockpit behind Alyx. Problem is, I don't think the draw distance is enough to make any huge spectacle out of a helicopter flight.

I don't think that a helicopter piloting scene would work, or even a ride in one for the folowwing reasons :
1. The game is to linear, skyboxes to small and limiting
2. The Source engine doesn't work that well with gigantic open landscapes necessary to make a chopper scene gratifying (atleast not currently
3. Who says Gordon knows how to fly a Chopper? I doubt Alyx would have the training either.

Also, Has it been confirmed that vehicles will be the "focus" of this episode?

I also don't think piloting a Hunter-Chopper could be accomplished effectively in a HL game. Unlike with ground and water vehicles, the player has very limited freedom as to when he can leave a helicopter. Plus it could be very difficult just to get the helicopter movement right.

yeah but thats hardly a feat. the damn thing sprays in a 22 degree arc. you'd barely have to aim.

I'd just be happy if i got to fight any of the following: gargs, icthies, gonarchs, and/or blobbycheeks

A good romp outside the city :)

hl2_forest.jpg

Back