WHAT can your DirecX9 card do?

hmm damn.. this was NOT the point with this thread,..
You can get 5fps and you can get 200 fps with a dx9 card...
The point was to se in realtime what eyecandy you can get with the latest card..
Please do not post fps scores etc here..

Try to find other test that can show the dx9 eyecandy and post them here please.

i get 1.38 fps when i put eveything to the max =\, but hey damn nice eye candy :p

Originally posted by BlumenKohl
O/C Radeon 9800 pro with water cooling...

LOOL what a geek! you disabled every option! Try with the glare on, you'll see a difference.

Originally posted by Jagermeister
GeForceFX = DX8.

It is correct that GF4ti series are DX8; but GFFX are supposed to be DX9,otherwise I tend to think its just a DX8 card with DX9 features "slapped" onto it. You see, they run DX9 applications like **** wich also appears to be because Nvidia does not have PS2.0 support

Yep, sweet indeed... Makes you wonder though. What did Nvidia really mean by cinematic gaming? Poor DX9 speeds, horrible PS2.0 speeds, and a policy that renders HDR useless... (dropping precision)

Wow, depth of field is so ****ing sweet.... The little reflections actually look real, if you put something up close to your face, then the reflection of light turns into a little hexagon with little strings of light inside. They mimic that insanely well.

THIS DEMO...IS MINE...AND I WILL SHOW YOU ALL FOOLS....WHAT MY ATI RADEON 9500 PRO CAN DO!!!!!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!

I tried the demo dx9 thingy.....it looks so awesome but runs pretty slow...like 10-20fps and below...and around there...but whoah man it look so....PIXAR LIFELIKE....!!!

Ok numskulls, look at Vakuum's Radeon 9700 Pro scores,

e.x.: http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/Image/dof0_00.jpg

He has DOF and Glares off also and he gets 45 fps.

I have a 9800 Pro O/C and I get 95-105 fps, with the same things.

:dozey:

Num. Skulls. All I can say.

It's an overclock anyway you cut it, you can't get 65+ fps with Radeon 9800 Pro stock without DoF and Glare.

Well anyways here are the default settings:

soooo what, i have to have liquid nitrogen cooling on my mega overclocked 9900 512mb beast, and i get 500+ fpz.

Shezzle my nezzle.

13.51 FPS defaults @ 1280x960 res.
radeon 9800 non pro, no AA/AF

Using my old FX 5600 256mb I got 4 fps windowed, I never tried it fullscreen. I got like 15 when I turned off all the glare. New drivers...no change in speed.

*looks at 5200 Ultra*

Well, least it did one thing for me. I now believe that 20-30 FPS is pretty darn good..

'course, it does suck not being able to turn details on high..

Back