WHAT can your DirecX9 card do?

For those getting low frame rates:

The demo loads initial setteings from "rthdribl.ini" or the first command line argment of rthdribl.exe. Please make reference to "rthdribl.ini" and "rthdribl_large.ini".

Basically, just backup or delete rthdribl.ini and rename rthdribl_large.ini to rthdribl.ini.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Good lord graphics have come a long way

I second that! trying this right now, will post results for bragging rights

Meh my geforce 4 Mx 440 wont even start it.....i wonder how I would be able to play HL2....

Help, it doesnt run on my computer, it say "Generic aplication error" "Please activate debug mode for detailed information", and that is just after I open it :(

I have a Radeon 9800 pro. Does anyone know how to activate debug mode?

Haha , well I got the same error when I tried to run the .exe while It was still in the .zip , so I unzipped it all into a folder , and it runs.

Pressing B is a no-no lol it dropped to 3 fps at some point with bump mapping, at least I think it's bump mapping.

anyway I got some nice screens for you FX5900 owners to drool at lol :D

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Haha , well I got the same error when I tried to run the .exe while It was still in the .zip , so I unzipped it all into a folder , and it runs.

Nop, its alredy unzipped, downloaded it twice. Could be a language setting, maybe?. I have Win XP spanish version with Sp1 ect.

I got around 30.... BTW alt-entering it to full screen makes it run about twice as fast for me.

i'm getting around 35-42fps with my 9800 Pro at absolute default settings without even moving my mouse over the thing

Interesting thing:

I open it with no window behing it (ie. just the desktop) and I get around 13 FPS.
I put any window behind it (ie. Explorer or IE), and my FPS goes to 30.

RULE OF THUMB: DONT RUN THIS WITH JUST YOUR DESKTOP BEHIND IT.

Dont run it in a goddamned window... Alt enter your performance will friggin skyrocket.

Why do you have to do all this weird shiz to get better performance?

O/C Radeon 9800 pro with water cooling...

Attachments

• hdr.jpg
    hdr.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 273
good lord, are you sure those are default settings? how far did you OC that card?

this is what i got with default settings on my 9800 Pro

i get 98 million fps on a DX 87 card..... it also changes channels and talks to me when i'm lonely, beat that :p

Originally posted by Animal
He did have the resolution on 640X though.

Well I did too and I have an AIW 9800 Pro and the most I get is 30-45 fps...he must've overclocked the hell outta that thing.

EDIT: By the way, how does water cooling work with a computer?

yeah, i'm running it at absolute defaults, that mean 640x480 on my 9800 Pro, and i get 35-42fps, how far did you OC that card man?

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Well I did too and I have an AIW 9800 Pro and the most I get is 30-45 fps...he must've overclocked the hell outta that thing.

EDIT: By the way, how does water cooling work with a computer?

It flows through tubing around the card , absorbs and carries heat. I dont know a whole bunch about it , just basic concepts.

Originally posted by BlumenKohl
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb 470/390

Pentium IV 3000mhz -> 3422mhz

You dont count , Overclocker , I need to know base 128 results.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Are you guys using 9800P 128s? or 256???

My AIW has 128...although I'm pretty sure there isn't an AIW 256.

450ish FPS on a stock Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb.

... in a small window with the material set to air. :D

Originally posted by omlette
450ish FPS on a stock Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb.

... in a small window with the material set to air. :D

thanks asspangler.

Originally posted by BlumenKohl
O/C Radeon 9800 pro with water cooling...
Note the glare and DoF disabled on top of all the other ;)

BlumenKohl, would you mind turning Glare, Depth of Field etc back on.... Sort of defeats the purpose of testing your card.

It's not his overclock.. but his running the demo with everything turned off which gives him a 100 FPS.

Back