What do you think about Bush?

gh0st, it'd really help your case if you went ahead and didn't post ever again.

Originally posted by Xaxor
I have some questions that remain unanswered... and it doesn't look good for the Bush administration.

Where are the WMDs? Where are the biological weapons? Have either been found?
What about the uranium talked about in the State of the Union?
Where is Saddam?
Where is Usama?

You would think with all our technology and power we could find two men. We have spy satellites that can resolve things less then a meter long. But somehow they've gotten away.

And what exactly are the repercussions of the so called 'Patriot Act'?
Why can't we see the entirity of the 9/11 report?

Answer that.

I will.

Where are the WMDs? Where are the biological weapons? Have either been found?

According to ABCNews:

"Kay [who, if you dont know, is a weapons inspector], in a report to Congress, described evidence of a possible small-scale Iraqi biological weapons effort and said searchers had substantial evidence of an Iraqi push to boost the range of its ballistic missiles beyond prohibited ranges."

Whitehouse spokesman Scott McClellan said

"This detailed interim report [Kay's report] documents how Saddam Hussein's regime was in clear violation of U.N. Security Council Resolution 1441." The resolution, which led to war, threatened Iraq with "serious consequences" if it failed to show it had handed over or destroyed its weapons of mass destruction."

So basically, were well within our initial threats.

"Kay said he should know within six to nine months if there is more to be found in Iraq."

"In addition to intent, we have found a large body of continuing activities and equipment that were not declared to the U.N. inspectors when they returned in November of last year," he said. <-Kay

What about the uranium talked about in the State of the Union?

its already been discovered bush relied upon inaccurate intelligence for that.

Where is Saddam?
Where is Usama?

the earth is 24 thousand miles in circumference. the fact is, 2 very wealthy, very intelligent people with plenty of friends can hide virtually anywhere, in virtually any one of those miles. all the technology in the world isnt going to do exaclty jack and shit. and jack just left town. its the same principle as why "black hawk down" happened, you can have 100 kick ass soldiers, but as long as theres that many people against them - no matter WHAT their technology, they are still hard pressed as **** to win.

And what exactly are the repercussions of the so called 'Patriot Act'?
Why can't we see the entirity of the 9/11 report?

you can read all about it here http://www.epic.org/privacy/terrorism/hr3162.html, and as for the report, its in the hands of an independent commission designed to deal with this.

lol. and just for future reference, i dont particularly like bush im just argumentative.

dont be angry that you cant present an actual argument for your case. i sure have, how about you.

This thread is degenerating to two word responses... so I'll do my best to salvage the political discussion.

Why do liberals and conservatives hate each other with such a passion?
Both of the extremes are delusional.

The conservatives have the rich media conglomerates (even if the average reporter had a liberal stance their words/actions are controlled by the network executives, who happen to be rich, so they would have to either bend to the wishes of the network or lose their well paying job) on their side.
So, any "liberal media bullshit" is vastly outweighed by conservative media bullshit. That is a fact.

What we need is for the media to somehow depend less on the rich people that have the means to spread their views and instead to give all demographics an equal opportunity to present their views... but it is not going to happen without any effort.

Democracy doesn't work if the people are "spoonfed" biased information from birth to death.
That's a limited dictatorship... but, as seen in WWII Germany, a system like that can turn into a full dictatorship given the right circumstances.

I hope that as the Internet grows in popularity and availability that it will loosen the grip that the titans of the television networks and major newspapers have on the media and it will bring us closer to a perfect democracy... but I wouldn't count on it, because the businesses will probably continue to dominate Internet news unless bandwidth becomes cheap enough for even the lower-class people to afford.

The whole basis of a representative democracy is that all the people are accurately represented in the government... but right now most people either don't vote at all or get almost all of their news from one biased source (if you are the latter you are representing your news outlet, not yourself).

Perhaps, if we listened to George Washington when he urged not to divide the nation into political parties we might not be in this mess... but we made our mess and we have to live in it (or fix it).
If candidates ran solely under their views and qualifications instead of depending on party association, money, and lies to get elected this country would be a better place.

In my opinion, the Electoral College is a horrible way to decide a who will become the President.
It skews the weight of the votes of states that are won by a very small number of votes (for example, if one candidate barely wins the biggest 1/5 of the states and the other candidate takes the rest of the states in landslides the former will still win even though the latter beats him in the popular vote by a long shot)... as seen in the elections of 1888 and 2000 the presidency.

Why do I keep hearing people (maybe the same person) saying that Gore would have done nothing about the World Trade Center attacks?

No one knows what he would have done.

He is more politically active than he looks (I agree that he sometimes appears sedated) and he really pushes for things that he thinks are right.

I honestly think he would have been a better President than Bush has been thus far (the only arguements I saw against him were his "lies" which I have detailed in another thread and his being Vice President while Bill was letting Monica eat his man sausage).

I don't think George "Dubbya" Bush is a terrible person or that he should go to hell for anything he has done... I just don't think he should be the President of the United States of America.
We don't need another figure head... there are plenty of those already.

The biggest problem I had with the war against Iraq was that it went against a good chunk of our own Bill of Rights. We assumed they had weapons of mass destruction, declared war on them (against the wishes of the UN), then we found some weapons and used them to rationalize our decision.
Just imagine what our county would be like if we gave police the authority to kill people that they thought had committed crimes.

Also, it would make a better arguement to say that there are roughly 50,000,000 square miles of surface area on Earth when demonstrating how easily two people could hide (especially with things like buildings obstructing the views of said satellites).

It says basically the same thing... but it sounds bigger.

Originally posted by king John I
how is gay rape worse than normal rape? because it could happen to you? thats hardly fair. As for wierd o's, mental people usally kill themselves given time.

confused is right (cant be botherd to type all the caps and stuff) every one's blood is worth the same, i will say this a lot of times in my life but, !!!!!Americans are too patriotic!!! there i go, i said it, happy now?

Personally I'd rather be raped by a woman, so I would say gay rape is worse from my point of view. Of course a woman might prefere to be raped by another woman over being raped by a man. Anyway I never actually said gay rape was worse than normall rape and It doesn't really matter, there both completely unacceptable and only in exceptional cases should the perpetrator not be given the death penalty.

As for the coment about mental people killing themselves , I think that is complete bullshit and that even if it is true (that all phyco's kill themselves) they will take other people's lives first.

Why do I keep hearing people (maybe the same person) saying that Gore would have done nothing about the World Trade Center attacks?

No one knows what he would have done.

He would have attacked Afganistan, maybe not Iraq but being seen to have just done nothing would be a major politicle mistake.

Originally posted by mrchimp
Personally I'd rather be raped by a woman

A male can't get raped by a female, it's a technincallity in the law (well in the UK anyway)

I think it has something to do with the male haveing to penetrate the woman for it to be classed as sex (in english law) and if the male is haveing an errection then he must be enjoying it so it can't be rape. Of course you can still try and get them convicted for sexual harrasment... It's never going to happen so lets not worry about it ;).

in the US women can be charged with rape as an aider and abettor (like restraining another woman while a man rapes her or leading a woman to a remote location to be raped by a man). however, it's a state issue. some states now have gender neutral rape laws (i don't know how many though, i'm pretty sure it's not all of them). men can rape either gender and so can women (although homosexual rape is usaully charged as 'forcible sodomy'). i can personally remember a case a few years ago where a female worker at a mental hospital was convicted of raping a patient (apprently he was a vegetable and she got pregnant).

you're all very welcome.

Just imagine what our county would be like if we gave police the authority to kill people that they thought had committed crimes.

Well we have the ability to take anyone into custody that we think has commited a crime. Just ask all the people from the Middle East that were taken into custody after 9/11. Don't tell me it didn't happen. And the Patriot Act just leads toward more of this happening. It widens the wire-tap powers and led to the short lived 'Total Information Awareness'. You want Big Brother? The Patriot Act is only the beginning.

hehe, funny monkey. Gay rape eh? is that what everyones into now?

j/k

i dunno, maybe you can have an erection even if you dont want sex, although i doubt that situation will ever arise.:naughty:

yeah its definately time for this thread to go away.

Back