What, do you think, are the most overlooked hits?

thehunter1320

Reaction score
Freedom Fighters, kill.switch, and it looks like Far Cry and Painkiller are on their ways to become bargin bin 10s!

thehunter1320 said:
it looks like Far Cry and Painkiller are on their ways to become bargin bin 10s!
Far Cry is among the top sellers at the moment.

Freedom Fighters is average. Far Cry is selling well, kill.switch is poor, and Painkiller is lovely but repetitive. Soldier of Fortune II is a poor excuse of a game...

Overlooked: System Shock series, MDK series

Hmm... I would add: Beyond Good & Evil, Alpha Centauri (imho it's better than any Civ game), Outcast, Grim Fandango ("Run, you pigeons. It's Robert Frost." :D )

Grim Fandango... best game ever made.

*Try to think of a Grim quote... but fails*

i MUST get my hands on a copy of this.... grim fandango

and FC is a best seller? hot damn, where did I get my intel?

I doubt it really counts, but the Tribes series has always been underrated.

Ah yes! i just rememberd something from Grim Fandango:

"WHAT NOW?!"
"My kid umm... wants another balloon animal"

Man... that clown was pissed...Not really a good quote... but things like that got stuck in my brain :)

Clive Barker's Undying... man that was one hell of an under appreciated game...
It was so damn good... and a sequel was planned, but due to poor sales it was cancelled :((((((((
*cries*
man I loved that game.

anyway, Farcry is another one, a lot of people get put off by the demos (and I admit I was one of them until I just tried my luck), best game I have played since like HL.
great stuff.

Mr. Redundant said:
Clive Barker's Undying... man that was one hell of an under appreciated game...
It was so damn good... and a sequel was planned, but due to poor sales it was cancelled :((((((((
*cries*
man I loved that game.

Undying was amazing, sadly, only 4 or 5 people ever played it ;(

The most underplayed/appreciated games ever made: Undying, System Shock Series, Thief series

Undying, Giants, System Shock and Wheel of Time. I never played theif, i always wanted to but the graphics were unberably bad.

IonGorilla said:
Undying, Giants, System Shock and Wheel of Time. I never played theif, i always wanted to but the graphics were unberably bad.

Graphics do not matter with the Thief titles.

I love SOFII never say that about that game

seriously overlooked: Project IGI, Freedom Force

Hmm, I played Thief until the first zombies appear. Thus i didn't get very far ;)
I thought that zombies didn't belong in this game.

Perhaps I'll try it someday again ^^... or wait for Thief3.

Giants, Crimson Skies <-- Best arcade style flying game ever, Freedom Force, Oni, Thief series...

Crimson Skies is awesome, Freedom Force was fun as hell too, Giants was cool (Armed & Dangerous is a lot like it, but Giants wins by far). Thief series was fun, but going back to it now...it seems to have lost its fun for me. Grim Fandango was really fun too. Worms 3d is pretty cool, but Worms 2 or maybe Worms World Party or Worms Armageddon are still my favorite (2d for that game just works better if you ask me).

Mr. Redundant said:
another one was, "Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption" I loved that game

My friend had bought the game, and I was going to borrow it, then someone stole it from him :(

serious sam: the second encounter... had such a good game engin

I never got Grim. I want it very badly though. Anyway, NOLF, NHL 2004, and SW:pM

Grim Fandago, loved it.

I just picked up NOLF2 yesterday. Plan to play it tomarow (my day off)

I agree with Tribes 2...

And I'd sure like to see a lot more people playing Pandora Tomorrow Multiplayer (for the PC! :flame:) right now...

Grim Fandango, Best Game Ever. If i ever get involved with the gaming industry i totally wanna make a noir adventure game. I've got it all planned out as well

The NOLF series and .....hmmmm....maybe Earthworm Jim 2. that was nuts, i loved that level where you play as the puppy and you have to save other puppies who are being shot out of a cannon, great fun

*these arnt in any order* PainKiller,Rise Of Nations,Worms seris,NOLF2 (i didnt like nolf 1 that much) siberia,Sly cooper, And finally..... the best games ever that didnt sell Shenmue 1 and 2 in 1999 the grafics were great and the story was the best i have ever seen in a video game and just i way it played.... i loved it i hope that shenmue 3 will come at this e3 ^_^

I'd say prince of persia the sands of time because I really enjoyed the game and its overall sales were so bad that its already a bargain bin game.

I'd agree with Grim Fandango. Although Grim was highly critically acclaimed, so I guess the reviewers didn't overlook it. The general public certainly did however. Personally I think Monkey Island 2 and 3 were better games, guess I'm a sucker for 2D adventure.

Freedom Fighters had a great feel, waaay polished. Undying was scary as hell too.

My contribution: Freespace 2!

The Curse of Monkey Island. I loved that game so much. :)

OMFG! venmoch is right. Republic : The Revolution is in fact a revolution in the gaming that unfortunately, fell into oblivion.

btw, i don't have ti, but I plan on adquiring it soon.

My friend has Vietcong and he says it really sucks....somthing about the AI does all the work.

Gothic 1 and 2. Almost no one seems to even know about it yet they are amazing RPG's. (Gothic 2, PC gamers best RPG of 2003)

Back