What do YOU think of microsoft????

Thadius Dean said:
From a computer hardware book that I've recently bought:

"the truth is that the vast majority of system crashes that are blamed on Windows are actually caused by marginal or failing hardware. (We just checked the uptime of our Windows NT 4 Server box, which has been running for 322 days without a reboot.)"

Bill Gates can be a baby sometimes, one time he freaked out on a couple of employees because they were using a copying machine, saying "this is the workplace of the future, we don't use paper" or something along th lines of that...

heh So I guess they travel in tubes instead of elevators? Elevators are so 20th century.

I think they make quality products (not counting Windows ME) , but are greedy.

why didnt they keep the win 98 ,click click, and your done network setup... Why,, Oh Why! whyyyyeeee.....

XP is microsoft's bastard child, it never got the attention it needed in certain departments :(, and to top it off it's always getting raped by spyware no matter how good your protection.

Yes I know exactly what you are talking about. I hate the little windows update thing that pops up in the bottom right because I know I cant install SP2. Once I let the computer automatically install SP2, directly after its done and I restart. IE would constantly tell me its "not responding" and make me end the program. I call my service provider and they said SP2 causes a lot of problems with the internet on a lot of people. They told me to uninstall it and never had a problem since.

i do also hate microsoft becouse for the stuff i do i crash alot, to much ram it is 2 x the ram of fedoracore and well everything else is ok...but it also takes up alot of hd space.

Windows XP is decent, Internet Explorer however, is the reason microsoft is bad in my book.

ben5015se said:
i do also hate microsoft becouse for the stuff i do i crash alot, to much ram it is 2 x the ram of fedoracore and well everything else is ok...but it also takes up alot of hd space.
...what?

My Dad told me alot about why my brother is wrong to bash Windows and promote Linux.

Remember that show Bill Gates did about Windows 98 and it crashed on him? He had the choice to edit that out but he didn't because he wanted to show his product is not perfect.

I don't have any problems with Microsoft. They make quality software.

I love Microsoft, quality products, and any time I've needed tech support they've helped me quickly and effectively.

yup, Billy loves his ass kissin fans, it's decent it really is. but the price makes it a joke for what it is and therefore qualify's it as a near rip off, Linux is free Bill, Free!, they just cant seem to polish it off right, put it on a shelf, charge the earth and expect the user's to clean up, or spend 1 month learning the ins and outs of the networking, its a prime target for virus's, SP1 made you blink three times and then throw fits because it was so hacked ... you get random error's and reboot's after a month of it being OK, SP2 solved alot.. so its way better now... but I feel the pain maybe subsiding atlast, but if the prices dont come down for windows operating systems why ill.. ill shake my fist even more.

Microsoft is nice, quality products and all.

BUT, tech support doesn't help me at all.

Tech Support said:
There is no solution for your problem

i mean, even if i report a problem, i always get that message in the site..

microsoft is everywhere, good or bad, they arent goin anywhere i think we are all used to it by now, might as well embrace it!

(i do respect those of you who fight the power though)

There are some annoying things with windows, but on the whole I'm fine with them.

(I'm talking about the operating system, not the software that comes with it, refer to sig)

9 out of 10 times, the problem lies in the area between the keyboard and the chair.

PvtRyan said:
9 out of 10 times, the problem lies in the area between the keyboard and the chair.
Ahh, it's that blasted oxygen... always going around and oxidizing things. I knew it was up to no good. Damn those free radicals! They must be stopped!

Oh.... uh... you mean the user... well... I... nevermind.

Yeah, I forgot to say...

Shame about everything being such a high price.

I need an operating system, yes, but I don't fancy shelling out £80 or whatever everytime a new one comes out.
And the price of Office too.
Even the microsoft games are higher price than other games (last time I checked - about 2 years ago).

Other than that, no problems.

I hate Word though, big efficiency killer in companies I think, 'hey, lets give a picture a header and **** up the entire layout!' or 'You want the table below the text? Well, **** you! I'm putting it IN the text!' ;(

But Microsoft office programs are the only things people know how to use,
I would like to see a PTA meeting or coffee morning poster, that is not done in WordArt.

Well I like Microsoft word however in the end why not just use the older versions you don't need the new versions at all. Fact. There are all good but a bit expensive. Tbh I don't know any other word processors other then Word and erm... wordpad :p

What I hate about Microsoft is their monopoly, and their complete disregard for standards. They invent their own proprietry standards and force everyone to go along with them.

I got my copy of Windows XP and Office XP for just 10$ each. =p College thing.
JellyWorld said:
What I hate about Microsoft is their monopoly, and their complete disregard for standards. They invent their own proprietry standards and force everyone to go along with them.
Well it is running off of their OS and not an open standard OS. They call the shots, they keep everything together and that way there isn't 10 different formats possible without a default.

Back