What dp you think happend to Father Grigori?

kewlnick12

Reaction score
Do you think he stayed in Ravenholm or maybe left to go somewhere else or he died?

That's like asking if the Combine are going to attack Earth in EP3.

There's... no... way... for... us... to... know.

Eventually he'll run out of anything but headcrabs to shoot - there aren't any new human hosts in the town. Then he'll wise up, make himself a helmet, and take up crochet.

He converts all the zombies to Catholicism. And then they go to church.

I don't know. But this raises the question: Why the hell didn't he leave? It's only a short drop down the mineshaft to Black Mesa East.
Look at the amount of time between Dog closing the door on you, and first hearing his voice in Ravenholm.
Not that long/far, hmmm?

I don't know. But this raises the question: Why the hell didn't he leave? It's only a short drop down the mineshaft to Black Mesa East.
Look at the amount of time between Dog closing the door on you, and first hearing his voice in Ravenholm.
Not that long/far, hmmm?

Craziness could be a factor. Maybe he seriously is as devoted to killing all Ravenholm zombies as he seems. Either way I think Ravenholm was within range of citadel explosion.

EDIT: Yay, I'm a headcrab!

Planetary said:
Why the hell didn't he leave?

A shephard cannot desert his flock.

I like to think he lived. He might have died though, being overrun with zombies as he was and with the fire seeming to consume everything behind you. But Grigori is as resourceful as he is crazy, so I personally believe he's still in Ravenholm, laughing and blasting zombies with good ol' Annabelle, until his job is done.

Uh...this is assuming the blast from the Citadel didn't wipe out Ravenholm. But if that's the case, he still wins!

He probably made this enormous elaborate trap that involves those lovable explosive barrels and will not leave until something walks into it

But i saw the zombies get a bite, not very good

I think he's probably dead (And indeed, it is possible for him to die just before you enter the mines). But it's impossible to know, and I, for one, like that.

Rawr, he followed kleiner and hunted lamarr

There's... no... way... for... us... to... know.

Asthma?

PS: I think he died, either that or killed all his "flock" and decided to get away from Ravenholm when the Citadel blew up, assuming Ravenholm is anywhere near City 17.

Just look forward to Ep2 where Gordon will inevitably at some point get overpowered by zombies, and Grigori swoops in at the nick of time with a line like "we meet again! Brother!" while firing a few rounds into zombehs.

I think he is Dead

Yeah, before leaving to the Mines, I stayed and watched him. He doesn't die, but he wasn't doing as good as he used to. He had five mawmen (as you may call zombies), 2 poison mawmen, and 3 fast mawmen, as well as several various headcrabs. He doesn't die, but nay one who could survive that? Yeah, he's dead!

Father Grigori was my favorite character...;(

Yup. And I'm sure that there is still the possibility that he is alive, it's just a minescule, highly unlikely, slim chance.

He is with you in spirit(s).

As in you see him when you are very drunk.

Yeah, before leaving to the Mines, I stayed and watched him. He doesn't die, but he wasn't doing as good as he used to. He had five mawmen (as you may call zombies), 2 poison mawmen, and 3 fast mawmen, as well as several various headcrabs. He doesn't die, but nay one who could survive that? Yeah, he's dead!
1: He can die in that scene. It is entirly possible for him to die. He just happened to live when you played the game.
2: Maw refers to the large gapping mouth/hole in the zombies' chests. Therefore it is incorrect to refer to the poison and fast varients as mawmen because they do not have this maw.

Maw refers to the large gapping mouth/hole in the zombies' chests. Therefore it is incorrect to refer to the poison and fast varients as mawmen because they do not have this maw.

Lol, I love it when people get schooled like that.

Perhaps he meant to call them Mormen? Because of the way they keep bashing down your door, trying to impose their way of (half)life on you?

He's scripted to walk into the tomb and dissapear.

EDIT: Oh, and he's an important NPC. Him dying gives you a game over, but I dunno if it's removed before you leave him.

1: He can die in that scene. It is entirly possible for him to die. He just happened to live when you played the game.

Are you sure? I sat there for a whole Half Hour waiting, and and all he did was attempt to kill the Mawmen, Fast zombies, and headrcabs.
He also never left to go into the tomb.

2: Maw refers to the large gapping mouth/hole in the zombies' chests. Therefore it is incorrect to refer to the poison and fast varients as mawmen because they do not have this maw.

Hmmm, I was told before that the gaping hole ones were Mawmen, so I figured they were all mawmen. Well, I guess I'm wrong in that regard, thanks for the heads up!

One you are through the gate and it is shut he can die without you getting a game over. There was even a thread a while ago where a guy tried to hold the gate open by stacking physics objects under it before it closed. It caused the objects to shoot out and kill Gregori, and his gun landed inside the gate. So it's not only possible for him to die, but you can steal his rifle :)

And yes, if he survives that scene he walks into a corner and disappears.

There was even a thread a while ago where a guy tried to hold the gate open by stacking physics objects under it before it closed. It caused the objects to shoot out and kill Gregori, and his gun landed inside the gate. So it's not only possible for him to die, but you can steal his rifle :)
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nhm-dPS3zM8[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109241

That guy is weird. why doesnt he leave? why doesnt he just run. and why, when nearly everyone in HL2 has an american accent, does he sound a bit russian?

Who? Gregori or me :p?

Quite simple, he's suffering post traumatic stress syndrome, he has created his own delusion in which, Everyone in Ravenholm is still there, they just all want to kill him. He obviously believes that staying and fighting is better than running away, but I wonder what'd happen if the combine showed up o_O

He's a Priest.

He was most likely one of the few people left on the planet who still practiced some form of religious faith, after everything the combine had done. He was helping out the resistance by maintaining Ravenholm as a kind of sanctuary for the underground railroad of escapees from City 17; the ones who did not have enough combat or scientific skill to help out at Black Mesa East, or who were being trained to take up positions further down the road towards Nova Prospeckt, or to wait until the full scale revolt could be launched.
Grigori would have felt it was his calling to provide comfort and inspiration to the escapees, and to help make Ravenholm feel like a safe place to escape to.

When the Combine (Breen?) decided to crabshell the town (and probably used it as a test site for the fast and poison headcrabs), it most likely drove Grigori over the edge to see all his good work destroyed almost overnight. Being a priest though, he could not give up on his belief that he had to save the souls of the townsfolk, even if their bodies were beyond saving. So he sets traps, keeps a cache of weapons, and wanders around saying prayers and quoting scripture as a way to help the former members of his congregation (his "flock") on their way to the afterlife.

He might also be from Ravenholm (or this part of the world) originally, unlike most of the other people who have been transfered to City 17, which might explain his accent, and why other members of the resistance respect his wishes to stay.

(All the above is just idle speculation on my part.)

I have a good feeling he's alive. If that old ass dude is still alive when you get there, and the whole time your there, he's got a chance. His gun speaks for him. Plus, Gordon practically slayed the whole town, couldn't be too many left.

That video of him dying from the heater is pretty damn funny though.

He's a Priest.

He was most likely one of the few people left on the planet who still practiced some form of religious faith, after everything the combine had done. He was helping out the resistance by maintaining Ravenholm as a kind of sanctuary for the underground railroad of escapees from City 17; the ones who did not have enough combat or scientific skill to help out at Black Mesa East, or who were being trained to take up positions further down the road towards Nova Prospeckt, or to wait until the full scale revolt could be launched.
Grigori would have felt it was his calling to provide comfort and inspiration to the escapees, and to help make Ravenholm feel like a safe place to escape to.

When the Combine (Breen?) decided to crabshell the town (and probably used it as a test site for the fast and poison headcrabs), it most likely drove Grigori over the edge to see all his good work destroyed almost overnight. Being a priest though, he could not give up on his belief that he had to save the souls of the townsfolk, even if their bodies were beyond saving. So he sets traps, keeps a cache of weapons, and wanders around saying prayers and quoting scripture as a way to help the former members of his congregation (his "flock") on their way to the afterlife.

He might also be from Ravenholm (or this part of the world) originally, unlike most of the other people who have been transfered to City 17, which might explain his accent, and why other members of the resistance respect his wishes to stay.

(All the above is just idle speculation on my part.)

Not very well either

1. He doesnt help you as much as he should, there would be an elevator or ladder near the entrance up to his area but it requires a lot of shooting to get there, not helpful to recruits

2. The accent points more toward him as one of the original townsfolk and not really part of the resistance

3. Hes been alone a LOOONG time

4. No resistance corpses, we haven't gone there in a long time

thats more along the lines

> He doesnt help you as much as he should, there would be an elevator or ladder near the entrance up to his area but it requires a lot of shooting to get there, not helpful to recruits

Ravenholm was shelled, if there was such a mechanism it was broken.

> The accent points more toward him as one of the original townsfolk and not really part of the resistance

And what do you know about English speaking Ravenholm inhabitants?

> Hes been alone a LOOONG time

Prove that.

> No resistance corpses, we haven't gone there in a long time

There ARE resistance corpses. And the zombies... well. You get it.

1. We built those bridges in the city, we could have built a ladder or two if we really wanted people to go through there

2.The creatures all have on different clothes than what resistance have on

3. Listen to what he says, hes been alone a while

4. All other people of that hole speak American accent English, simple to see

> We built those bridges in the city, we could have built a ladder or two if we really wanted people to go through there

We don't go there anymore. Why would Grigori need to build ladders, risking his own life, for people that don't even use Ravenholm anymore?

> The creatures all have on different clothes than what resistance have on

They're wearing blue pants and the Citizen-wear white undershirt.

> Listen to what he says, hes been alone a while

He's just ranting bible quotes and saying you're another life to save (basically).

>All other people of that hole speak American accent English, simple to see

Yeah, but the Combine actually moved them there. Grigori could be from anywhere but America.

Back