What Erik said on the Steam forums... (regarding to the HL2 videos)

R

Rafael

Steam Downtime
There will be a short period of Steam downtime starting now that should last for about 10 minutes.

The upcoming release will address a number of bugs with Steam, but will not have any affect on games.

The videos aren't ready just yet, but it's close.

damn ur fast.. was just gonna post that..

So.. he says the videos arn't done yet?.... waaaaiiit a second... what could they be doing to them!!

*creams pants*

oh man...

OooOo ma steam ain't working this mean there doinhg it now :D
hope so

close ( P )
adj. clos·er, clos·est
1. Being near in space or time. See Usage Note at redundancy.
2. Being near in relationship: close relatives.
3. Bound by mutual interests, loyalties, or affections; intimate: close friends.
4. Having little or no space between elements or parts; tight and compact: a close weave.
5. Being near the surface; short: a close haircut.
6. Being on the brink of: close to tears.
7. Decided by a narrow margin; almost even: a close election.
8. Faithful to the original: a close copy.
9. Rigorous; thorough: close attention; close supervision.
10. Shut; closed.
11. Shut in; enclosed.
12. Confining or narrow; crowded: close quarters.
13. Fitting tightly: close garments.
14. Lacking fresh air; stuffy: a close room.
15. Confined to specific persons or groups: a close secret.
16. Strictly confined or guarded: kept under close custody.
17. Hidden from view; secluded.
18. Secretive; reticent: was close about her personal life.
19. Giving or spending with reluctance; stingy.
20. Not easily acquired; scarce: Money was close.
21. Linguistics. Pronounced with the tongue near the palate, as the ee in meet. Used of vowels.
22. Marked by more rather than less punctuation, especially commas.

Hope that helps.

On a less sarcastic note, who knows?

you guys need something useful to do, waiting around all day for a video isn't very productive or fun

lol @ rafael.... classic

Hopefully they will be ready when i get back from 28 Days Later

lol nice...

Steam is no more! party time!

STEAM IS UP!

He said they weren't ready yet and that Steam was just updating itself.

Yep, ur all too fast for me. Steam is down. A number of major bugs with it will be addressed that obviously cause problems with downloading the media? So they'll do that, which'll be 10 minutes, then they'll be close :D

The HL2 media comment was changed:

// there is no game to launch

I just tried the "11 to 8" hack and a new tab opened up saying Media with one HL2 icon under it. It has the same label Platform and doesn't work though. But it's something different!

steam.jpg

I've never seen the Media tab before :D

Only joking ;)

Hey Steam's gotta better font :D
The icon has changed :D
It's only 41% complete and there's 2 changes for ya.

Or am I just seeing things that aren't there?

dammit that's twice the new platform has downloaded and twice it's said

Fatal Error: Unable to Open

:(

-Kornflake™

All you people going crazy over the new media is starting to pull me in and make me crazy too! I'm getting excited just because everyone else is... STOP! We must remain calm. Let's not forget that it's just the e3 direct video. It's nothing that we all haven't seen already 50 times. It's just much better quality. Don't be let down when it's nothing new. Just chilllll...

Right just updated the platform which i tried to do not long after it went down, then it went through another update, then I logged in and it's doing it again? Is that normal?

steam didnt update itself....I had to restart it.....plus I can never restart steam on the same boot because when i exit it it says that its alreday running.

Originally posted by spitzfiya
steam didnt update itself....I had to restart it.....plus I can never restart steam on the same boot because when i exit it it says that its alreday running.

CTRL-ALT-DEL and disable "Steam.exe" from your running processes. Wait a second. Restart Steam.exe

Its stuck at 55%!!!! ACKCKCKCKC what do I do!!! NOOOOOO
SO HORNY OVER HL2

spitz, all you have to do is... when you close Steam fully, just wait a moment for it to fully shutdown, the restart it again.

Control+Alt+Del is your friend. That problem was solved with the new update, at least in my PC :D

spitzfiya: you have to wait a couple seconds for it to really quit before opening it again

Originally posted by spitzfiya

for platform updates you need to close it and reopen it, and when you close it give it some time to close, and then start it again, maybe hit ctrl alt del after you close it and watch until steam.exe dissappears from the process menu then run it again.

Thanks :) it works when I use Ram cleaner.....but it dosent show up when I ctr-alt-delete. Ok the updates working now...

Media tab looks nice, shame its not there for me :(

Wow 3 pages, people are getting excited one again! it s christmas kids!

Originally posted by switch
Media tab looks nice, shame its not there for me :(

as he said he manually edited a file to make it appear, it wont show up for real until there is actually media, dont worry about it.

Yeah I got no media tab eithier, its funny how excited people are getting over an update

Right, I'm gonna actually leave my seat, and go for a cigarette and I promise myself if it isn't updating the platform to show the media tab by the time I get back then I will be going to bed.

/me peels himself off the seat

Back