What Erik said on the Steam forums... (regarding to the HL2 videos)

Blah... I dont have the tab , but Steam upgraded. Patience.....I dont have any.

Is the media tab (official one) just gona pop-up there? Or do I have to keep rstarting Steam.

People are only gettin the media tab by changing their ClientGameInfo.vdf aren't they? The only way I got media tab was changing the "11" to an "8" from notepad. You'll see what I mean if you open the file. Then I reopened Steam and it was there. (I changed it back to 11, so that I won't screw anything up though :p)

hehe, the tab makes me feel like the movies r close...
I really need something to do during the night at home :)

"go to bed...sleep is good for you."

Yes, I had 15 hours of it last night. Heavy weekend. I still haven't left my seat... I had to restart Steam before I went to see if it updated something...

Someone get me a doctor... One with a big white coat, an office with many bookcases and a nice big brown leather couch. He's my friend, he speaks to me alot. Sometimes I can't hear him though because the voices in my head speak and last time they spoke and I killed him with a crowbar. People who say videogames cause violence - I killed them with a crowbar. They lie. Where's my doctor? Is he still under the stairs with the violent video games?

:bounce: BOUNCY WALLS WHEEEE! :bounce:

sleep would be a good idea :p

but then again sleep is boring

Why sleep when you can think up crazy bull like that? :D It's fun.

so is it safe to assume that because it will not be a platform update, we will not have to restart steam to receive the new hl2 media?

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Is the media tab (official one) just gona pop-up there? Or do I have to keep rstarting Steam.

i think its gonna popup, just like cs updates get pushed out automatically.

I think im stuck on 90% for the Steam Update. Should I ctr-alt-delete and restart. Will it download it again?

all of you who have edited that file...will be disappointed when the automatic update comes, and destroys everything due to a programming glitch...

...would be a bit anti-climactic eh?

/me finally leaves seat .... reluctantly ...

So where will these files be if/when they are released? Games?

the only problem i have with steam is that it never tells you how much stuff is getting put on your hard drive...

1.3mbps can add up...quickly...heh

hmm, looks like we've went thru a page in about 15 mins
may the useless discussion continue!

Originally posted by Yossarian
the only problem i have with steam is that it never tells you how much stuff is getting put on your hard drive...

1.3mbps can add it...quickly...heh

I don't mind. If it's HL2 content, the more the merrier! :)

It was doing that earlier way before the CS updates I believe.

It updates atomatically righht? or do I have to restart it

mine did to nothing else new vids he said are not ready but he said videoS so there are a few, well hopefully .

I dont have the platfrom tab, did you guys change it or did you dl an upgrade?

Originally posted by droper
mine did to nothing else new vids he said are not ready

Who? Am I sleeping? :eek:

it updated platform but no platform tab most likely because there is nothing (new media) to put there yet but they are perhaps preping it.

Originally posted by MIWojo11
I think im stuck on 90% for the Steam Update. Should I ctr-alt-delete and restart. Will it download it again?

Mine got stuck on 61% and i restarted my comp and the download still worked but i dont have that media tab so i dont know what to say.

All right, lets take this outside. :)

Everyone go to the #Steam channel on east.gamesnet.net:6667.

chrisdeem says:
John, can I ask you a very quick question please?

johnc says:
go for it

chrisdeem says:
Thanks.

chrisdeem says:
Do you happen to know if the HL2 media will be released over Steam today or not? And is there at all any estimated time?

johnc says:
Doesn't look like it's going to make it out today, but hopefully sometime this week

chrisdeem says:
Thanks John, keep up the good work.

do we have to?
I can't take this anymore.
I'm going to sleep... soon.
I just have to...

Edit:
Whaa?! Well that's just great...
/me cries himself to sleep.

Back