What game or series do you want to see more of?

Sedako

Chuck Steak
Reaction score
Lately I've been reminiscing about some older games that used to enjoy a lot, and have since been forgotten over time. These include:

jgrbox.jpg
b00005u2q102lzzzzzzz.jpg

Before I played either of these I was extremely skeptical. There's a reason rollerblading has become a nearly extinct sport. I actually played JSRF first, as it came free with the family Xbox. Never did I imagine how addictive a game like this could be. I spent days trying to find every little thing, and I don't think I ever managed to do so. I would love to see it brought to the newer systems, especially with the stunning use of cel-shading in some recent games.

blast.jpg

I honestly can't believe that there has not even been a sequel rumor at any point since this game was released years ago. Blast Corps is my favorite N64 game, and one of the few games from that era that can still pose a real challenge when playing through it again. There's just something about demolishing buildings using various vehicles/robots to prevent the explosion of runaway nuclear tanker... This formula + a modern physics engine would be incredible.

A new Kingpin game would be awesome.
250px-Kingpin_-_Box_Front.jpg

If they made it into a freeroam game, I have no doubt it would be better than GTA.
The game is MUCH MUCH grittier and darker than GTA could ever be.

Warcraft 4 would be cool, maybe they could create a brand new engine for it.

A new Kirby game for the Wii, except make it more like Mario 64 in the free roam aspect.
The first time I played Crystal Shards on N64, I was awestruck by the game.
But then again, I was younger and much lower expectations when it came to games.

One last Jedi Knight game as Kyle Katarn, wouldn't have to be free roam either.
Next gen engine with actual physics, for the love of God please make this game happen.

Elite Force 3, would really be nice to have a next gen Star Trek FPS and continue the story.
A high poly fully explorable Enterprise starship, yes please.

A proper KOTOR3, **** the MMO.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto 2, the first game was GORGEOUS for its time... I can't even fathom how a new one would look.
Too bad the devs have pretty much pissed away their talents on bullshit games for consoles and other crap.

All I can think of atm.

I've been going through the same thing. One of the games I would love the most to see a sequel(again) for is No One Lives Forever 2.
nolf2.jpg

I loved everything about this game. Great level design, stealth and action play styles, hilarious dialogue and an amazing soundtrack. It is one of the most memorable games for me to this day. (second to StarCraft)

The more I think about it the more I want to break out the cds. Will probably happen some time this week.

StarCraft has a lot of love from me but since SC2 is getting closer I'm not doing much reminiscing. :D

Lucid reminded me: I would love a remake of Dark Forces and the original Jedi Knight! I day dream about this one a lot.

Advent Rising was an amazing game. I basically see it as a better version of Mass Effect 2 with better powers, better gameplay, and a better story. It ended with one of the most epic cliff-hangers and was meant to be a trilogy, however, the developers discontinued the series. I wish they would finish the trilogy.

Pikmin 3 should come around sooner or later.

Warcraft 4 would be cool, maybe they could create a brand new engine for it.

A new Kirby game for the Wii, except make it more like Mario 64 in the free roam aspect.
The first time I played Crystal Shards on N64, I was awestruck by the game.
But then again, I was younger and much lower expectations when it came to games.

One last Jedi Knight game as Kyle Katarn, wouldn't have to be free roam either.
Next gen engine with actual physics, for the love of God please make this game happen.

A proper KOTOR3, **** the MMO.

Yes, yes and yes. Absolutely want to see continuations in these series. Perhaps the Witcher as well, and the Elder Scolls for sure (if it hasnt been announced).

1) Battlefield 3 (PC)
2) Hexen
3) No One Lives Forever

I kid you not I was going to make a thread similar to this like half a week ago. Anyway I'd love to see more Star Wars Space sims, or any type of space sims that aren't overly complicated and crappy. X2, X3 looked great but the learning curve was ridiculous and confusing.

Dungeon Master
Archon: The Light And The Dark

I know, I'm a broken record

if I keep the memory alive, maybe it won't disappear forever.

Dungeon Master screenshot:
967036433-00.gif

Dungeon Master 2 screenshot:
89125_medium.jpeg

Dungeon Master - Nexus screenshot: (Sega Saturn)(Japan only)
Dungeon%20Master%20Nexus%20(U).png

I never did find a Nexus iso :(

The Late Golden Age: The Rise of Real-Time 3D

In 2007, we might find it difficult to imagine a time when real-time, 3D games were a novelty. Although these games had existed for home computers for some time--3D Monster Maze (1981), Dungeons of Daggorath (1982), the great majority of CRPGs were either top-down, turn-based 3D, or some mixture of the two. However, by the late 1980s, computer gamers were steadily replacing their 8-bit machines with Atari ST and Commodore Amiga computers. These new machines offered better graphics, sound, memory, and storage options--facts that were not lost on aspiring game developers. Nevertheless, it took awhile for real-time, first-person 3-D to really catch-on, and even now the question of whether it really leads to better CRPGs is open for discussion. Gamers were just as divided in 1988 over games like Pool of Radiance and Dungeon Master as they are about Neverwinter Nights 2 and The Elder Scrolls IV. There has (and probably never will be) a single, shared vision for a CRPG engine and interface. Some players seem to privilege the "immersion" experience of first-person perspective, whereas others prefer to see their characters moving about on the screen. Likewise, there are CRPG fans who enjoy contemplative turn-based combat (as seen recently in The Temple of Elemental Evil), though most modern gamers seem to prefer real-time action.

Dungeon Master (Atari ST). Can you overcome your carpal tunnel syndrome long enough to beat this game?

"Few games have generated as much affection as Dungeon Master, even to the point of third-party products (hint books and maps). It's hard not to like DM."–Ian Chadwick in ST-Log, February 1989.

Since these issues remain so central to CRPG development, FTL Games' classic Dungeon Master (1987) is one of the most historically significant CRPGs, and there are many CRPG critics who consider it the greatest CRPG ever made. It was first released for the new Atari ST, where it became the best-selling game ever for the platform. It was promptly ported to the rival Commodore Amiga, and somewhat later to the MS-DOS and even the SNES platforms. Though it is hailed for its innovative use of sound and a back story by a professional novelist (Nancy Holder), for our purposes the most important feature is the game's 3-D interface. The bulk of the screen is composed of a first-person view of the party's current perspective. This screen is updated in real-time as the player explores the dungeon, much like the setup of a first-person shooter. On the top of this window are four boxes showing the current status of the four characters, the items they are holding, and their relative position (i.e., who is in front and back). The rest of the screen is dedicated to the magic system, attack mode, and directional buttons. Although the directional keys are a bit cumbersome on the ST version (players must click them with the mouse), later versions allow all movement (including rotating) to be executed from the keyboard. Unlike most games of the era, Dungeon Master offers combat in real-time. When the party is attacked, the player must work frantically to issue orders (e.g., attack, cast a spell, quaff a potion), always taking into consideration how long it will take each character to perform and recover. Since very few of these actions can be automated or prepared beforehand, players need rapid reflexes and considerable endurance to complete the game. Without a doubt, many gamers suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome today have Dungeon Master to blame!

However, Dungeon Master is far from a simple "clickfest." Most noticeably, the game's magic system is complex and arguably more logical than simple point-based (The Bard's Tale) or slot systems (Pool of Radiance, Wizardry). In Dungeon Master, players cast spells by stringing together runes. Although only certain predetermined sequences produce effects, players can determine the potency of any spell (or potion) and subsequently how much magical energy to expend in the process. Furthermore, although any character can try to cast a spell, only practiced mages and priests can pull off really effective feats of magic. However, the manual doesn't include a magical recipe book, so players must either find them sprinkled throughout the vast dungeon, experiment in a trial-and-error fashion, or consult a hint book. In any case, it's an versatile if somewhat daunting spell system for novices. A similar (probably derived) system shows up in Dynamix's Betrayal at Krondor (1993).

Adding to the "real-time" aspect is the necessity to acquire food and water for the characters--a gameplay element seen in many earlier games, including Rogue and Ultima. Thankfully, the need to eat drink are infrequent enough to keep this aspect from becoming a nuisance. Hungry characters can even gobble down the carcasses of many of the slain monsters, though it's best to collect the turkey legs and other foods left lying about the dungeon (sanitation not required!).

Dungeon Master was an unqualified success, and FTL followed up with Chaos Strikes Back in 1989. However, other developers were quick to follow their example. In 1990, SSI published the first of what would become a trilogy of "Black Box" Eye of the Beholder games, developed by Westwood Studios (formerly Westwood Associates) and based on the 2nd edition of the AD&D official rules
taken from

oh yeah and Shining Force:
shiningforce.jpg

I think the DS has some remakes or something though, but I want and HD remix or a full new game

THIS THREAD WINS IN MY BOOK

already mentions of NOLF and JSR. It's like you guys don't even need me, so beautiful

:cry:

I'm up for some whatsit. Hrmmm.

Psychonauts would be nice, but I'd rather get Brutal Legend first.

DX3 will be nice, maybe?

I have to pick up NOLF

I want to see a new part in the Flatout series.
Flatout 1 sucked, but Flatout 2 was awesome(but not nearly perfect).
Then Ultimate Carnage came, but is was the same game as FO2 with slightly improved graphics and car handling(which actually was less realistic/fun)

With the recent CO-OP craze, i wouldn't mind seeing a fighting game ala Double Dragon, Fighting Force etc. I always had a soft spot for those kind of games. Final Fight, Streets of Rage and so on.

I nod in approval.

And raise you a Skullmonkey:

skullmonkeys-6.jpg

Best. Boss. Ever.

Zone_of_the_Enders_Cover.jpg

Medievil_cover.jpg

Timesplitters2.JPG

Fahrenheit_pc_boxart.jpg

Flower.png

WoG-BoxArt.png

I know flower and world of goo are recent but I would LOVE to see more of them :)

I'd like to see more Medal of Honor. It was great when 2015 did it but EA royally screwed the series over. They need to sell the series to another developer.

I want to see more of Hearts Of Iron,World In Conflict and Half Life(inculde Portal).We need more of them to get a idea to "what is creativity in games".So ? want more creative games.

I want more Riddick games, I could play it all day as long as new content was coming.
Also wouldn't mind a few more campaigns for Left 4 Dead, survival doesn't really cut it.
Obviously more Modern Warfare, but seeing as this is happening, it doesn not really count :)

Also.
Black & White 3 please, with a non-linear campaign, better creature combat, and multiplayer!

Star Trek Armada 3 would be awesome too, make it like Homeworld this time around instead of on a flat plane like your average RTS.

Back