What Game Songs U Like?

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
The best song from a game from what I can think of right now is the main menu music from Doom 3, I think it's kool!

Deus Ex
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2003/4
C&C: Red Alert
C&C: Red Alert 2
Rome: Total War
Battlefield 2 (The 2 or 3 songs that it has, anyway)

well not songs but i really liked the music from the following:

metal gear solid series
hitman series
thief: deadly shadows
silent hill series
medal of honor series
prince of persia: sands of time had some nice music
grand theft auto obviously

Battlefield Vietnam soundtrack, best music in a game ever!

Road Rash series!! :smoking: /Hums the title theme

On top of that I generally like the music from the Final Fantasy series, but with 7 ranked above the rest (and 10 well below...).

The music on Hitman was also cool.

I also have the music from Rings of Power on the Mega Drive (Genesis) ingrained into my soul.

The Tiberian Sun score is absolutely perfect, flawless. Even though the game is old, you can play and enjoy it just because of the music conveying and reminiscent of any kind of dystopian futuristic universe. Listening to "Lonetroop" sends shivers all over my body.

Dog-- said:
The best song from a game from what I can think of right now is the main menu music from Doom 3, I think it's kool!

its a remix of lateralus by tool, awesome song. fun to play

warcraft II music, probably because it was imprinted in my mind due to the countless plays of it over the years

The Metal Gear Solid theme. Excellent. ;D

Also, I think it was Hell March from C&C:RA2 that was great, too. Was that the one that started with the siren and the bootcamp officer chanting some orders? Whatever it was, it was played in the start up movie when you see the Soviets parachuting in and the tanks landing on the beach. Brilllliant.

I think that the best game music can be found in the first 3 Castlevanias. Unbelievably unforgettable music that completely transports me right back to those levels any time I hear it. Fantastic and brilliant.

That said, my favorite game music comes from the Monkey Island series. Absolutely perfect fit for the piratey-Caribbean theme.

I like Golden Sun music (GBA game). Hurray for 8 (16? 32?) bit music.

Anyone of you ever played The Monkey Island Series? I love that music, and Grim Fandango.... Then of course, The Sims, Half-Life, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, and the way Battlefield 2 have bits of the original 1942 music in it... ... Oh, and the Zelda theme :)

Unreal Tournament: Entire soundtrack is great. Have a lot of them on my MP3 player. Favorite is "Mechanism 8"

UT2K4: Not quite as stellar as the original, but still good. The departure from kickass techno to hard, grungy guitar riffs was not something I particularly liked, but some songs really stand out. I really like "Level 8", I think it is.

Half-Life: Again, I have a lot of this on my MP3 player, barring the short 30-second suspense tracks. I love both the ambient ones and the hard, pumping tracks. Favorite is either the one with the long ambient guitar solo or the track that plays right after you launch the sattelite.

Half-Life 2: Same as above. Favorite is probably the ambient tune in the beginning.

Deus Ex: Hit and miss, but the ones that hit are really good. I particularly like "DuClare Chateau" and "Versalife".

Tribes 2: The file called "lush"? Good shit.

Sim City 4: I like the entire score. 'Nuff said.

Quake 3: Sonic Mayhem really nailed it down here. There's even better stuff on their site. I suggest you check it out. http://www.sonicmayhem.com

That's all I can think of for now. The Sims, Sims 2, and the Battlefield all have their nice little bits too. And as far as mods go, I thought that the soundtrack for Public Enemy (HL mod) was fantastic (it's also on my player).

Dog-- said:

What? Doom 3 doesn't even have music, it has ambience sounds.

Doom 1 / 2 however, both have ****ing awesome songs.

Pesmerga said:
What? Doom 3 doesn't even have music, it has ambience sounds.

Doom 1 / 2 however, both have ****ing awesome songs.
:rolleyes:
Doom 3 has main menu music, and its wonderful.
I wish I had the soundtrack.
Listening to "Lonetroop" sends shivers all over my body
Lonetroop is awesome. So is C&C in the House and the funk version of Industrial. :)

And no one mentioned Freedom Fighters... I AM CRY!

Freedom Fighters (easily one the best)
Unreal (listening to it right now!
Unreal Tournament (same as above)
Half-Life 1 & 2
Devil May Cry
Metal Gear Solid 2
Duke Nukem 3D (well, only one but it's a classic)
Worms
Metroid Prime

Personally, the games that have the best music ever are:

Halo
Hitman 1 and 2
any Legend Of Zelda game
Perfect Dark, HL1/2 (mmm, video game techno)
Super Mario Sunshine

The song from Doom 3 at the main menu
Late Goodbye by Poets of the Fall from Max Payne 2
Anything from the Legend of Zelda games
The vocal song from Halo on the main menu

anyone know the name of the song that plays in Half Life 2, right after you get the crow bar and jump down to the train yard and start getting shot at by the combine? I love that track and I would love to have it in my mp3 player!!! But I don't know where/how to find it :(

Yea tool did the doom 3 menu music, its good.

Halo 2 has some cool songs.

Innervision961 said:
anyone know the name of the song that plays in Half Life 2, right after you get the crow bar and jump down to the train yard and start getting shot at by the combine? I love that track and I would love to have it in my mp3 player!!! But I don't know where/how to find it :(

Download it from here: http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/classicgaming/vgtunes/Half-Life 2.zip

Then open up the zip file and search for "Half-Life 2 Song 27".

Trendkill said:
Yea tool did the doom 3 menu music, its good.

Halo 2 has some cool songs.

Again, where do you get off with this?

The Doom 3 menu music was created by Chris Vrenna. Tool had no involvement. Any similarity you hear is incidental.

Venmoch said:
AKA Tweaker. And who if I recall was an old NIN member.

Indooder. He's been involved with numerous bands and numerous video game projects, as well as his Tweaker alias.

unreal tournament, dawn of war, starcraft, and half-life 2.

I'm not sure if you can remember this game, or have even played it, but I'm a great fan of Streets of Rage 3 (For Megadrive). That's got to be my favourite in game music. I agree that UT and Red Alert also have some really cool music.

The doom 3 menu music is called Lateralus!!!! by tool!!!!

its just a remix

Age of Empires, Warcraft III, Diablo I & II, Zelda:OoT, FFVII, Suikoden II, Doom 1 & 2, Original BF1942 theme to name a few of the games that have music I can recall a special place in my brain for.

Edit - And really, it's not about the music. It's about the experience you had in the game while listening to well composed music.

neptuneuk said:
The doom 3 menu music is called Lateralus!!!! by tool!!!!

its just a remix

No, it is not Lateralus. It is not by Tool. It is not a remix. It is an original composition by Chris Vrenna.

You could argue that it sounds a lot like Lateralus. I'd agree. But that sound is incidental.

Look, I even wiki'd it. Tool was in no way involved.

C&C
C&C: Red Alert
C&C: Tiberian Sun

Basically, anything by Frank Klepacki

Every other game, I turn the music off

frank klepacki kicks ass, the original C&C music is unbeatable

Mafia theme song, Madden '06 has some cool orchestra-ish stuff that really fits the moment. The EverQuest music is my favorite since it brings back memories of the 5 years I played it, good times....

Worms 3d Music, Omg, Someone Please Tell Me The Name Of That Song!!! I Forgot About It, I Love That Song, Yeeeaaaaaaaa!!!

SERIOUSLY, SOMEONE TELL ME THE SONG NAME PLEASE!!!!!

Back