what happened on 03-10-2003 at 12:07 PM?

Dgenatron

Reaction score
The main forujm page says "most user ever online: 5064" or something like that -- on "03-10-2003 at 12:07 PM". I was just wondering what hppened on that day at taht time

It was probably just a fluke... Site just had a lot of traffic back then.

that was when source got stolen and Gabe posted here. Remember the europeans have thier date's screwed up. 3-10-03 equals October 3, 2003.

(and moved to site section)

SidewinderX said:
that was when source got stolen and Gabe posted here. Remember the europeans have thier date's screwed up. 3-10-03 equals October 3, 2003.

Gabe is the person who made Half Life,, right? Is it stillp ossible to see his posts?

Dgenatron said:
did they ever catch the person who stole source?
Yep, some German punk. IIRC, he turned himself in.

vegeta897 said:
Yep, some German punk. IIRC, he turned himself in.

Well yes, he emailed VALVe and said he did it. Then emails went back/forth between Gabe/german guy and then crap happened (Gabe offered him a job which was just a way to get him onto US soil to get him arrested for the crimes he commited... that's how I think it went down if I remember reading it right) and then he was actually arrested in Germany (Ze Germans didnt want him arrested on US soil so they arrested him there)

Iced_Eagle said:
Well yes, he emailed VALVe and said he did it. Then emails went back/forth between Gabe/german guy and then crap happened (Gabe offered him a job which was just a way to get him onto US soil to get him arrested for the crimes he commited... that's how I think it went down if I remember reading it right) and then he was actually arrested in Germany (Ze Germans didnt want him arrested on US soil so they arrested him there)

I bet you as soon as the cameras were gone, they gave him a german Medal Of Honor and Heidi Klum horned him.

of course.

btw, where's Lemonking?

um, there were more users on several different dates. what about the "tests" that were in the HL2/CS:S GCF's? there have been a few times that the servers were bogged right down, like when valve "revealed" that they were on this site. I seem to recall way more than 5086.

strangely enough, for a little while it did not say memeber under my name here...to bad you can't change cached pages.

cadaveca said:
um, there were more users on several different dates. what about the "tests" that were in the HL2/CS:S GCF's? there have been a few times that the servers were bogged right down, like when valve "revealed" that they were on this site. I seem to recall way more than 5086.

strangely enough, for a little while it did not say memeber under my name here...to bad you can't change cached pages.
Yeah, it has been some time since the last 'test' (the webpage).

cadaveca said:

5086 was the most visitors this site has ever had at one particular moment.

i have a feeling that it will exceed that amount once HL3 details are released.......

SidewinderX said:
that was when source got stolen and Gabe posted here. Remember the Americans have thier date's screwed up. 3-10-03 equals October 3, 2003.

Fixed.

xLostx said:
nude pics were posted

yeah nude pics of xLostx were posted.
and the truth is, at 12:08PM this site was cleared because of the horror that every member experience :E

eatbugs said:
I'm going to say yes.
I checked it up. The Iron Cross is this a decoration in the German Army, but no one has been awarded it since 1945.

SidewinderX said:

I think you'll find, dear boy, that it's YOU Yanks who've got it all wrong. Just like the linguistic abomination that is American English. <Shakes head>

Indeed. Day-Month-Year is much more logical than Month-Day-Year.

el Chi said:
I think you'll find, dear boy, that it's YOU Yanks who've got it all wrong. Just like the linguistic abomination that is American English. <Shakes head>

i am a victim of the system :| ;(

Back