What happens when you play the same Civ II game for ten years?

Bad^Hat

The Freeman
Reaction score
Horrible, horrible things.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uxpil/ive_been_playing_the_same_game_of_civilization_ii/

The world is a hellish nightmare of suffering and devastation. There are 3 remaining super nations in the year 3991 A.D, each competing for the scant resources left on the planet after dozens of nuclear wars have rendered vast swaths of the world uninhabitable wastelands.

Only 3 super massive nations are left. The Celts (me), The Vikings, And the Americans. Between the three of us, we have conquered all the other nations that have ever existed and assimilated them into our respective empires.

You've heard of the 100 year war? Try the 1700 year war. The three remaining nations have been locked in an eternal death struggle for almost 2000 years. Peace seems to be impossible. Every time a cease fire is signed, the Vikings will surprise attack me or the Americans the very next turn, often with nuclear weapons. Even when the U.N forces a peace treaty. So I can only assume that peace will come only when they're wiped out. It is this that perpetuates the war ad infinitum.

My goal for the next few years is to try and end the war and thus use the engineers to clear swamps and fallout so that farming may resume. I want to rebuild the world. But I'm not sure how. If any of you old Civ II players have any advice, I'm listening.

Edited down to the main points but the whole thing is worth a read.

hk7kp.jpg

ABLbUh.jpg

9BTAqh.jpg

6XAgc.jpg

Read this earlier today, it's stories like this that keep me interested in gaming. I understand he is going to upload the save-file so that other people can attempt to resolve the mess, which would make an interesting catalyst for some philosophical satire.

I love stuff like this. His world does look like a complete shit hole after all that though.

"in the year 3991 A.D
Vikings will surprise attack
often with nuclear weapons."

I'm sold. This is my favorite post in a long time. Thanks for sharing!

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only... Viking nuclear sneak attacks.

Back